What do you hate about YOUR G35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 05:45 PM
JZ
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G35 Coupe KY0
its probably johnny cash trying to escape your vehicle

I hate the loud wrench torquing noise once you first take off, i believe its something with the abs... could be wrong.

I hate the rattle my exhaust makes after someone kissed my back bumper god knows where. (only does it while warming up sometimes)

but hate is such a strong word, more like dislike. I love my G either way

Old 10-08-2010, 05:51 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by JZ
I hate the loud wrench torquing noise once you first take off
Axle click?

Old 10-09-2010, 12:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1 The rattle noise ( so worried I woke up in the middle of the night )
2 Clunky trans
3 How long it takes for pass seat to move (good thing I have small 13yr old getting in back
4 Wher is my master cylinder cover?????

Old 10-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
The fact I had to drop a new clutch in after owning the car for about a month at 23k miles.....

fast forward 5 months later, The clutch slipped 3-4 times since them at random times (I smelt it burn when I got out) and it tends to but clunky and hard to get into gear when im going from 3-6.

So about two weeks ago I take it back to infiniti and they recommend I get a high performance clutch next time.....

thanks.... You could have recommend that $1900 ago....

aside from that the car has been great. I just got some new advan sport tires. Such a huge improvement over the all season's I bought the car with.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:39 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
whoa back up the blame train there...needing a new clutch is almost always the drivers fault

Old 10-10-2010, 12:10 PM
lmao I bought it used at 19k... The prev owner already had the slave cylinder replaced, so he prob burned it quite a few times before I had it. I drove it for another few thousand before I got it replaced. During those times I had several times where the clutch slipped and it smelt it burn.

Im talking like I have the windows down, and i smell it burn driving... THATS BAD!

before you say I can't drive a manual. My previous car (3000gt vr4) which i drove for 4 years was a manual and I drove the **** out of that thing, and never had a problem. The clutch had 80k miles on it. ALSO, my work truck(ford ranger) which I have no clutch problems with ever is also a manual and i have driven about 50k miles on it, and the car has 90k on it. NEVER replaced the clutch.

I understand I took a gamble when I bought a used car. But I think they should have at least brought up putting in a upgraded clutch. I would have almost definitely got it. I understand now that the factory 6mt isn't the greatest tranny out there.

The only plus to the situation was that CARMAX (who i bought the car from) Compensated me about $500 for it.

Old 10-10-2010, 12:11 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I can't stand how my keys bang up against the steering column trim when I'm driving.

Not a real big deal, but someone wasn't thinking when they made that.

Old 10-10-2010, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by _RR_
lmao I bought it used at 19k... The prev owner already had the slave cylinder replaced, so he prob burned it quite a few times before I had it. I drove it for another few thousand before I got it replaced. During those times I had several times where the clutch slipped and it smelt it burn.

Im talking like I have the windows down, and i smell it burn driving... THATS BAD!

before you say I can't drive a manual. My previous car (3000gt vr4) which i drove for 4 years was a manual and I drove the **** out of that thing, and never had a problem. The clutch had 80k miles on it. ALSO, my work truck(ford ranger) which I have no clutch problems with ever is also a manual and i have driven about 50k miles on it, and the car has 90k on it. NEVER replaced the clutch.

I understand I took a gamble when I bought a used car. But I think they should have at least brought up putting in a upgraded clutch. I would have almost definitely got it. I understand now that the factory 6mt isn't the greatest tranny out there.

The only plus to the situation was that CARMAX (who i bought the car from) Compensated me about $500 for it.
well if you are driving right the clutch is probably not adjusted right or something

as far as being able to drive a manual, IDK about the 2nd gen G's but the 1st gens are not the easiest things in the world to drive properly..lol

Old 10-10-2010, 01:01 PM
I had the clutch adjusted already.

Its not hard to drive, and I'm used to it now. A little odd compared to most manuals i have driven before cause the engagement point is pretty high. Its second nature after putting 10,000 miles on the car though.

what i mean is on random occasions (maybe once every two months) the clutch slips and i smell it burn. I have taken it to the dealership and they drove it 3 different occasions without being able to spot anything.

They also said the that "it didn't seem much more notchy then other manual Gs." when going into 3rd to 6th. so they obviously noticed SOMETHING.

I asked if It needed a new slave and they insisted it didn't and had already been replaced.

Old 10-10-2010, 01:58 PM
yeah but maybe the pedal is out of adjustment, maybe its not engaging fully

Old 10-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Well they drove it twice two weeks ago so I doubt it.

The car drives well 99.9% of the time and I love it but I really don't know whats up with that. It happens when I'm downshifting at highway speed 50-65.

they couldn't get it to replicate it of course. Maybe the gave me a second ****ty slave? I don't know why my infiniti dealership would insist mine was good if thats the case.

Think I should I take it into another dealership if it happens again?

I'm not going to be 21 for another 8 months so they won't give me a loaner and its really a PITA to leave my car there.

Old 10-10-2010, 07:32 PM
my rsx sort of had the opposite issue

I had an exedy clutch and flywheel installed at the dealer and it kept getting harder and harder to get into 2nd gear, until finally one day 2nd gear just exploded...car sounded like a pinball machine, there was just nothing there if you tried to shift into 2nd

so acura replaced rebuilt the tranny under warranty and i got it back and it was still not going into 2nd easy, so i just adjusted the clutch pedal so it engaged higher and it went into 2nd fine after that.

i really don't know what you should do though, maybe try a different dealer

Old 10-17-2010, 08:38 PM
I hate the gas mileage

Old 10-17-2010, 08:38 PM
I hate the cheap paint

Old 10-17-2010, 08:39 PM
I hate the trunk space

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you hate about YOUR G35?