The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What do you hate about YOUR G35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 10:12 AM
Received 260 Likes on 210 Posts
G35
That's explains it if 70-80% of your trips are on the highway. Mine are strictly city driving. Red light green light red light. Barely go over 60km/h.

When I go to Edmonton (450 km away) I get there with half a tank. So pretty much the same.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:15 AM
con
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hate how vans and small/smart cars beat me off the line making me feel slow. I know this car can take em but why force the abuse just to stop at another light? City driving and this heavy car doesn't mix.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:47 AM
Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty87
Dude there's no way u burn a 20 gal tank in 3 days... Unless ur driving 100 miles a day.. How many miles do u get out of 1 tank???
You can easily gut the gas tank in a day...just sayin'.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:33 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty87
Dude there's no way u burn a 20 gal tank in 3 days... Unless ur driving 100 miles a day.. How many miles do u get out of 1 tank???
Its actually quite easy. For me, a trip on the mountain roads almost burns through a full tank in one day.

Old 04-21-2013, 05:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headlights need to be buffed every 3 months! Why are oem ones so expensive! $300 on eBay. And that's used. Not too bad, but I need to find a solution to buffing my headlights one time and them staying new looking for a while. My car shows no age, but the headlights make my 35 looks old. It's like having white in ur eyebrows when the rest of your hair is still black.

Old 04-21-2013, 05:31 PM
SSV button never seems to noticeably work.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:32 PM
Received 56 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by 0735
Headlights need to be buffed every 3 months! Why are oem ones so expensive! $300 on eBay. And that's used. Not too bad, but I need to find a solution to buffing my headlights one time and them staying new looking for a while. My car shows no age, but the headlights make my 35 looks old. It's like having white in ur eyebrows when the rest of your hair is still black.
Man if you think 300 for headlights is bad, try finding 06-07 OEM for twice as much lol. And that's if you're lucky lol

Old 04-21-2013, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by Adil_G35
Man if you think 300 for headlights is bad, try finding 06-07 OEM for twice as much lol. And that's if you're lucky lol
Research will have to be done to either buff then or find someone to tint them. Not into the tint film. People paint the insides black too. I guess I need to find a good long term solution

Old 04-22-2013, 06:58 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'04 G35 sedan

I really hate the lower black plastic molding that doesn't match the paint, it's a luxury car why would they do that. I know the fixed it in '05 but damn.

Also the traction control or what ever computer system our cars have that keep it in control under normal driving conditions doesn't seem to do a very good job since I crashed it in less than a week of ownership doing over 6k worth of damage.

Other than that it is a very beautiful well built car!

Old 04-22-2013, 09:21 AM
Received 290 Likes on 218 Posts
Originally Posted by BabySkyline1325

Also the traction control or what ever computer system our cars have that keep it in control under normal driving conditions doesn't seem to do a very good job since I crashed it in less than a week of ownership doing over 6k worth of damage.

Sounds like a case of user error or a case of bald tires + rain.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:37 AM
Received 260 Likes on 210 Posts
G35
I really hate the lower black plastic molding that doesn't match the paint, it's a luxury car why would they do that. I know the fixed it in '05 but damn.

Other than that it is a very beautiful well built car!
It's definitely you & not the car. I have really hard time fish tailing the car on snow with traction on. If traction was off then it's your fault again because you can handle the car.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:59 AM
Originally Posted by SAMzG35
It's definitely you & not the car. I have really hard time fish tailing the car on snow with traction on. If traction was off then it's your fault again because you can handle the car.
Well maybe it's just my car because when I go full throttle from a stop the wheels actually spin for more than a second or two before I see the traction control kick in.

Anyway prior to the crash I decided to turn the traction control off and test and find the limits of the car and also see how well it drifts in the rain, it actually drifts and handles quite well. What I should have done was ALSO test and find the limits of of the car with the traction control ON.

So after only 5 minutes of playing around with it off I said alright that's enough and turned it back on for a calm drive home. Then I get a call from work saying that I'm supposed to be working tonight so I must have read the schedule wrong and I started rushing to work.

I made a simple left turn on a 2 lane road and the back end of the car came around so I let off the gas and it was still sliding, I also looked down at the dash and no lights or anything came on, I counter steered to avoid spinning out and I was going straight for the curb so I slammed on the brakes which locked the wheels up (ABS did not come on) giving the car no chance to straighten out so I let off the brakes and the car continued to slide and then I hit the curb.

This happened at approx. 1am, there were no other cars on that road so what I should have just done was let it spin out rather than counter steering. I noticed the traction control system reacts very late anyway but I just thought the car also had another system VDC I think it's called which brakes individual wheels to keep the car straight.

What an expensive price to pay for a lesson to be learned

Old 04-23-2013, 06:29 AM
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,249 Posts
it's not the car.

my other car doesn't even have those assists (ABS, Traction, etc). it's daily driven rain or shine and haven't even come close to crashing it.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:17 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Well maybe it's just my car because when I go full throttle from a stop the wheels actually spin for more than a second or two before I see the traction control kick in.

Anyway prior to the crash I decided to turn the traction control off and test and find the limits of the car and also see how well it drifts in the rain, it actually drifts and handles quite well. What I should have done was ALSO test and find the limits of of the car with the traction control ON.

So after only 5 minutes of playing around with it off I said alright that's enough and turned it back on for a calm drive home. Then I get a call from work saying that I'm supposed to be working tonight so I must have read the schedule wrong and I started rushing to work.

I made a simple left turn on a 2 lane road and the back end of the car came around so I let off the gas and it was still sliding, I also looked down at the dash and no lights or anything came on, I counter steered to avoid spinning out and I was going straight for the curb so I slammed on the brakes which locked the wheels up (ABS did not come on) giving the car no chance to straighten out so I let off the brakes and the car continued to slide and then I hit the curb.

This happened at approx. 1am, there were no other cars on that road so what I should have just done was let it spin out rather than counter steering. I noticed the traction control system reacts very late anyway but I just thought the car also had another system VDC I think it's called which brakes individual wheels to keep the car straight.

What an expensive price to pay for a lesson to be learned

What you failed to mention here was you were driving on bald tires (stated so in another thread) in the rain. VDC is not a miracle worker and the problem was NOT your car's fault, it was yours plain and simple. Man up and admit you f*cked up and move on. You've posted this BS in 3 threads blaming the car and I'm about to award you a small vacation if you keep this up, got it??

Old 04-23-2013, 08:02 AM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
What you failed to mention here was you were driving on bald tires (stated so in another thread) in the rain. VDC is not a miracle worker and the problem was NOT your car's fault, it was yours plain and simple. Man up and admit you f*cked up and move on. You've posted this BS in 3 threads blaming the car and I'm about to award you a small vacation if you keep this up, got it??
Yes the tires were bald sorry I left that out. You're right VDC is not a miracle worker but I expect it to function the way it does on other cars which is prevent the tires from spinning which is how the fish tail started to begin with. Yes I f*cked up and I'll admit I have a very hard time accepting it because of how well I drive. You gotta understand that this is technically my first car, my baby, etc. and it hurts me to see it hurt and that is why I am venting about it trying to ease the pain. Also I'm not in the greatest financial position right now considering I just got the car ~ down payment, first and last on insurance (insurance for me is not cheap) and now this. So calm yourself.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you hate about YOUR G35?