The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What do you hate about YOUR G35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 02:42 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by thegreatkwijibo
what's this fancy "nav" you speak of my navigation system is my own brain.
That's pretty cool that your brain knows things its never seen. Unfortunately, I don't have a satalite brain, and driving to other cities/states in a timely manner where I have to perform...its just easier than winging it. Its not like I'm trying to find the little Caesars that I've been to 100 times.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:51 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by Gdirtyfive55
Just a small argument for the non touch screen nav: at least it has predictive text so you don't have to over-toggle. Haha
That's true, but it still takes so damn long to enter an address.

As much as I bitch about the factory GPS system these days , the irony is when I was shopping for a G35x back in 2007/2008, it needed to have OEM Navigation and finding a "premium + Nav" car was difficult. I had dealers trying to get me to "settle" for just a premium model without the nav saying I could just buy a garmin. After a few months, and maybe scouting out 30 or so sedans, I only came across 2 that had navigation. One had a wheat interior, which I didn't like, and the 2nd sedan was the one I ended up buying which has become easily the best, most reliable car i've ever owned.

I did check out coupes, and it seemed like Navi in the coupe was more frequent. I found that odd because I figured the older crowd would tend to favor sedans and since most are half senile anyway, want some sort of navigation assistance

Reflecting on how I purchased my car got me a little nostalgic, so I dug up some old pics. Amazing how clean the interior was when it was new. Now at 152K miles, it's definitely not as clean!

Old 10-29-2014, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,029 Likes on 946 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
That's true, but it still takes so damn long to enter an address. As much as I bitch about the factory GPS system these days , the irony is when I was shopping for a G35x back in 2007/2008, it needed to have OEM Navigation and finding a "premium + Nav" car was difficult. I had dealers trying to get me to "settle" for just a premium model without the nav saying I could just buy a garmin. After a few months, and maybe scouting out 30 or so sedans, I only came across 2 that had navigation. One had a wheat interior, which I didn't like, and the 2nd sedan was the one I ended up buying which has become easily the best, most reliable car i've ever owned. I did check out coupes, and it seemed like Navi in the coupe was more frequent. I found that odd because I figured the older crowd would tend to favor sedans and since most are half senile anyway, want some sort of navigation assistance Reflecting on how I purchased my car got me a little nostalgic, so I dug up some old pics. Amazing how clean the interior was when it was new. Now at 152K miles, it's definitely not as clean!
Only piece of nostalgia I'm getting from that is that device that you fold in half in the cup holder. Is the a Motorola Razor?

Edit:
Gotta love stone interior! Why did you have the engine hood popped this early on in the cars life :P?

Old 10-29-2014, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Only piece of nostalgia I'm getting from that is that device that you fold in half in the cup holder. Is the a Motorola Razor?

Edit:
Gotta love stone interior! Why did you have the engine hood popped this early on in the cars life :P?
Yeah, I bought this car so long ago I actually owned a Razr.

I think the hood was open because I was just taking pictures. I had just gotten the car the day before so I was out enjoying my new toy and trying to forget the Mustang GT I had traded in for it.

I forget how clean the interior was. Really makes me want to pick up some leather and carpet cleaning products and see if i can get it back to this.

EDIT: Wow, i forget what it's like to not have tint on my windows. That lasted all of a month before I tinted them

Old 10-29-2014, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,029 Likes on 946 Posts
I want my OB sedan back with HID.

Old 10-29-2014, 03:39 PM
Received 142 Likes on 123 Posts
That's pretty cool that your brain knows things its never seen. Unfortunately, I don't have a satalite brain, and driving to other cities/states in a timely manner where I have to perform...its just easier than winging it. Its not like I'm trying to find the little Caesars that I've been to 100 times.
you can't read street signs?

Old 10-29-2014, 04:12 PM
you can't read street signs?
Nah, man, I'm so dense I can't read street signs.

Its too bad too, cuz I would know where every street in the world goes if I was just smart enough to read street signs. It must be cool to be so smart that you know where everything is without inquiring about anything. No map companies gonna get a buck off of you. Mapquest and TomTom would probably go out of business if people just learned how to read street signs.

Why are you on this website? Can't just write letters to everyone? Its called technology, man, and its not popular because its useless.

Old 10-30-2014, 12:35 AM
I got google maps if I really need it and ***** free. and as far as I'm concerned not havin nav is just weight reduction.

Old 10-30-2014, 12:47 AM
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
If my sunroof is back or tilted, it rattles and its the most annoying thing in the world.

Old 10-30-2014, 12:52 AM
I got google maps if I really need it and ***** free. and as far as I'm concerned not havin nav is just weight reduction.
That's a nav device, fool.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:45 AM
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts
Uh, well google maps can't be in your brain. Well, yet, anyway.
And not sure that the nav pieces weigh much more than a couple of pounds.

Old 10-30-2014, 09:09 AM

Is Mapquest still around?

I remember printing those out, and then trying to follow them, in the dark, while driving a manual transmission.

I'll keep my Nav devices. I don't like to think unless i'm getting paid for it.

Old 10-30-2014, 02:32 PM
That's a nav device, fool.
a piece of paper is a pretty primitive nave device though

Old 10-30-2014, 07:39 PM
a piece of paper is a pretty primitive nave device though
Piece of paper?
Name:  recovery.png
Views: 44
Size:  374.3 KB

Old 10-30-2014, 07:49 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
That's your phone background?
Alrighty

The following users liked this post:
Urbanengineer (10-30-2014)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you hate about YOUR G35?