The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What do you hate about YOUR G35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 08:11 PM
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
While blue or white looks better, it's much harder on the eyes, especially at night. Personally, I think the orange looks good. Better than green from the cars of old, lol.

What I hate about MY g35 is that I can't the ****ing P0430 to go away. I also seem to have a hard time finding replacement rubber roof strips and clips without having to pay an arm and a leg for it. I want to be able to take my car through the wash and not worry about losing the rubber roof strips ffs.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:14 PM
Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by DeafBringer
While blue or white looks better, it's much harder on the eyes, especially at night. Personally, I think the orange looks good. Better than green from the cars of old, lol.

What I hate about MY g35 is that I can't the ****ing P0430 to go away. I also seem to have a hard time finding replacement rubber roof strips and clips without having to pay an arm and a leg for it. I want to be able to take my car through the wash and not worry about losing the rubber roof strips ffs.
don't use automatic car washed bro! I wouldn't drive a poor geo metro through one of those paint destroyers. just use a nice n easy 2 bucket wash that'll be much easier on our already weak paint

Old 01-17-2016, 08:59 PM
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Mignav01
don't use automatic car washed bro! I wouldn't drive a poor geo metro through one of those paint destroyers. just use a nice n easy 2 bucket wash that'll be much easier on our already weak paint
I wish I could, but have to be careful about water here. Luckily, we have higher end car washes that does a good job while going easy on the paint.

Old 01-18-2016, 01:00 AM
Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by DeafBringer
I wish I could, but have to be careful about water here. Luckily, we have higher end car washes that does a good job while going easy on the paint.
ahh I see, the area I'm in is getting pretty close to becoming strict with the way we use water, but there aren't many, if any nice quality automatic car washes in my area.

Old 01-18-2016, 06:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've only had mine for about 6 months or so...haven't modded much at all either, just some minor repairs (Entire brake system) and I don't have many complaints. This is my first nice car, so the seatbelt not retracting is something I'm used to. More power would be nice since I have a G35X and that means no manual either...also, I feel like when DSC(or whatever its called) is "off", its not truly off, but IDK...mad skids seem next to impossible, even when using the slap stick. Mine, however, has had some serious *** kickings this winter with the snow and my entire under cover was torn off in pieces (which I'm still slowly removing) and it rattles like a bitch...makes the car seem like a cheap used turd. There's an exhaust leak too, but it sounds great so I'm not complaining.

Old 01-21-2016, 06:41 AM
Rattles.
Small side mirrors.
Interior dash clock would be more useful if it lit up at night.
These ******* OEM bushings.

Old 01-21-2016, 07:17 AM
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
frameless windows.... They look cool, but the freeze to the seal in the winter and at high speeds air leaks in between the window and the seal.

Old 01-21-2016, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,029 Likes on 946 Posts
Originally Posted by Gcurry5
Rattles.
Small side mirrors.
Interior dash clock would be more useful if it lit up at night.
These ******* OEM bushings.
Adjust your mirrors wider.
Clock is supposed to be lit, check fuse.
Mine have been great for 100k.

Originally Posted by Frostbite91
frameless windows.... They look cool, but the freeze to the seal in the winter and at high speeds air leaks in between the window and the seal.
Yeah they do freeze, add some oil (like vegetable oil) to your rubber parts around the window to keep it from freezing to it as much.
The leak is a problem you need to fix that's not common.

Old 02-17-2016, 02:13 AM
noise inside the cabin

Old 03-07-2016, 09:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
scarcity of aftermarket parts in new zealand

Old 03-25-2016, 06:03 PM
Ankle Breakers

The damn doors won't do their job. They don't stay open for more than 3 seconds!!!!!! I always feel rushed to hop in before the door closes and breaks my ankle.

Old 03-28-2016, 06:35 PM
Rattles solution

Hey guys, just skimmed through the first couple of pages, saw ALOT of people mentioning rattles. I had a rattling noise whenever I went over 4k, I thought it was something touching the exhaust, looked for a bit and didn't see anything, finally I decided to put a peice of weather stripping on the back of my rear license plate. Rattling gone. Happy me

Old 03-28-2016, 09:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nare nada...

Personally i feel like a jack ars for not getting a G sooner. I browse the V35 threads and see one after another of owners having problems. Oil consumption, rough idling, misc electrical, audio problems. I have yet to experience one. I own a "rev up", oil consumption is not an issue. After reading a few threads I've literally checked my ol every morning before work. Idles smooth, accelerates appropriately. My interior could use a little scrubby scrub, but i don't see that as a major concern. I bought mine used with 106xxx miles. One thing that really makes me giggle, I'll be on the interstate with the cruise set to a mild 5 over, without fail a Dodge Charger, or Dodge Ram will get up on me looking to prove something, typically i look and shake my head and they go ahead and mash out wasting probably a good quarter of a tank. Lmfao. Anyone else deal with this? My car is bone stock. That's the best part...

Old 04-06-2016, 02:48 AM
Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
^ ha ha, yes. I deal with the same thing everytime I take my G out. A lot of diesle trucks of all kinds do the same to me. Fvking j3rkoffs. Lol. But I hate that my G has a sunroof. I never use it and would just like it more if I didn't have one.

Old 04-06-2016, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,029 Likes on 946 Posts
Originally Posted by Tyke420
^ ha ha, yes. I deal with the same thing everytime I take my G out. A lot of diesle trucks of all kinds do the same to me. Fvking j3rkoffs. Lol. But I hate that my G has a sunroof. I never use it and would just like it more if I didn't have one.
Mine rattles and requires yearly lubrication. I would love the extra headroom for when I wear winter hats in the car ^_^. Plus car would be cooler and safer if it... Flipped... Lol.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you hate about YOUR G35?