The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What do you hate about YOUR G35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 11:13 AM
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
the only reason id hate the auto close is because it messed up my tint once but replaced it for free since it has a life time warranty if you keep receipt.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,029 Likes on 946 Posts
Originally Posted by TheJuice401
the only reason id hate the auto close is because it messed up my tint once but replaced it for free since it has a life time warranty if you keep receipt.
It shouldn't come off at all. If so its from a bad tint job. Good on him for replacing it.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:42 AM
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
it took over 2 years for it to start peeling off, they do amazing work. they are the ones who did my custom cut outs on my tail lights. i dont really think it was there fault tbh, they even trimmed the top of window tint to help with the auto close. ( im sure most shops do that anyway )

Old 11-25-2014, 02:32 PM
Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
It's still very easy to slide through the coupes weather strip at the rear side of the glass!!

Old 11-25-2014, 08:22 PM
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
The windows have the auto close features because typically coupe windows are easy to break into for thieves. See a honda civics coupe windows if you are interred in making the connection.

As for the Bose, it is hit or miss really :/. Suspension is a blessing, don't hate it!
The g window is still easy to flex open the stock security light is probably the biggest theft deterrent. The window goes up and down slightly to create a better seal under the pillar piece and so you don't slam the window on the plastic pillar cover.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The same ol' story; stereo, rattly windows (if thery're not loose now, they will be), and electric seat adjust. Common theme in most threads. BUT it's a great car. Suspension? It's great. All sped humps on road and shopping malls are fully paid for by your local suspension mechanic....

Old 11-26-2014, 02:55 AM
I would say the fact that it burns oil. I seem to be one of the unlucky ones who got those engine issues. Besides that's very sweet ride

Old 11-26-2014, 09:38 PM
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
The windows have the auto close features because typically coupe windows are easy to break into for thieves. See a honda civics coupe windows if you are interred in making the connection.

As for the Bose, it is hit or miss really :/. Suspension is a blessing, don't hate it!
Makes sense. But hopefully this doesn't become an issue in the future since the window motors have to constantly go up and down everytime you close the doors...

Originally Posted by woodstar
The same ol' story; stereo, rattly windows (if thery're not loose now, they will be), and electric seat adjust. Common theme in most threads. BUT it's a great car. Suspension? It's great. All sped humps on road and shopping malls are fully paid for by your local suspension mechanic....
Brick roads are a no-no for me now. The first time I drove on a brick road I was literally cringing on every bump and was going like 5mph

Old 11-26-2014, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by woodstar
Couldn't agree more. First time G owner, and I seem to fall in love with my car on a daily basis lol

Old 12-05-2014, 05:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Feels boaty at times, hate that they don't come with a double din that is more compatible with aftermarket stereos, and I hate the 03-05 ironing board spoilers along with 99% of the things stated on this thread. But I still my my baby g

Old 12-16-2014, 04:41 AM
I'm bored at work and was reading through this thread. Definitely love this car and I know we are nit-picking here, but I added a few more small complaints after owning the car a few months now:

1. Hood prop rod should be a hydraulic prop. My other car which is a 03 Camry (daily driver thats not a luxury car) has it--why can't a luxury car???

2. Headlight bulbs are hard to replace!

3. There are a ton of G35's in my area. In my neighborhood alone, there are 4 in my block!

There's probably more complaints, but I don't notice the rest of the complaints since this is my first luxury car I've owned. I've previously owned mostly Honda's and Toyota's which are a lot less luxurious and less powerful.

Some of the issues I don't have that most people seem to have: my car doesn't rattle, I don't have the seatbelt choking issue (I'm 5'10"), I don't care about the dipstick issue since I get mine changed at the dealer ($60). I don't do it myself because the bottom cover is annoying to remove and re-install. I do the oil change on my other car though.

I think the power and torque is great. If you think about it, the M3 in the same year has 330hp, so not much more than our G's. MPG's, well its a 3.5L V6, not a 1.8L Toyota or Honda that gets 30mpg. Just FYI my 2.4L Camry gets 21 mpg; when I drive my G35 conservatively i get about the same.

If you wanted more power/torque, you could've bought a V8 Mustang or Corvette. But then you'd have a crappier American car. 300HP for the G is fine for me, but then again, I own a 10sec Sportbike when I need to go faster so I'm spoiled there. I've driven my friend's 2013 Mustang GT 5.0 that has 400hp and it doesn't feel that much faster than the G.

Originally Posted by revhighG35
1. No oil pressure gauge ? A "sports" coupe for $40K should at least have an oil pressure gauge IMO.

2. The card holder above the drivers door window ??? What is this for ?

3. Seat controls on the bolster.

4. Tire's on OEM 19's are to loud.

5. No touchscreen on the NAV

6. Get rid of Rev light always on ........
Oil pressure gauge is minor and not needed IMO.

Card holder is for ID's, insurance cards, and registration paper.

Seat control is fine. My power seat control on my Toyota is on the left side. I think the current placement is ok, no big deal. If you have the 6MT, your right hand would be resting somewhere in this area anyway as you normally steer with your left hand.

I've never noticed the noise on my factory 19" Rays. Could just be me (since my tires are new).

Touch screen Nav, well, it is an older system. I don't think any 05/06 Nav screen had touch screen back then.

REV doesn't bother me at all. This is a personal preference of course.

Last edited by Justice06RR; 12-16-2014 at 05:59 AM.
Old 12-16-2014, 05:07 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Touch screen tech has been around for more than 20yrs. Probably still pretty expensive in 03-07 tho.

Old 12-16-2014, 05:15 AM
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
Touch screen tech has been around for more than 20yrs. Probably still pretty expensive in 03-07 tho.
It sure is.

I actually drove my buddy's brand new 06 G35 6MT coupe back in 2006 when he bought his (this is when I fell in love with the car). At that time, I thought the pop-up screen was the coolest thing in the world. I didn't care then for touch screen Nav.

Now 8 years later, of course most Nav systems have touch screen. Still doesn't bother me, and you can't expect it with a car that's 8-9yrs old.

Edit: About the rattles... I have 117k on my G coupe and it doesn't rattle. Am I special?

Last edited by Justice06RR; 12-16-2014 at 05:34 AM.
Old 12-16-2014, 05:49 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by Justice06RR
It sure is.

I actually drove my buddy's brand new 06 G35 6MT coupe back in 2006 when he bought his (this is when I fell in love with the car). At that time, I thought the pop-up screen was the coolest thing in the world. I didn't care then for touch screen Nav.

Now 8 years later, of course most Nav systems have touch screen. Still doesn't bother me, and you can't expect it with a car that's 8-9yrs old.

Edit: About the rattles... I have 117k on my G coupe and it doesn't rattle. Am I special?
No rattles in mine either til I put my sunglasses in the overhead SG holder.

Old 12-16-2014, 06:14 AM
Originally Posted by 425skyline
I don't dislike BMW because of this forum, just putting that out there; nor because I own a G35.

I just honestly think BMW are way over-hyped. A lot of people think BMW is the epitomy of luxury and status, etc. I just don't see it based on actually being in these cars and driving some of them.
I agree here too. I actually like Beemers a lot.

I've driven and ridden in newer 650's, 530's, and 330's, but they are overpriced for not much more value. I think you are just paying for the name, and because its European. Everyone thinks BMW's are so nice, but in reality Infiniti's are just as nice.

The BMW 330/M3 was my other choice before buying my G coupe, and I still went with the Infiniti

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you hate about YOUR G35?