The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What do you hate about YOUR G35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 09:49 PM
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by jessex35
The damn doors won't do their job. They don't stay open for more than 3 seconds!!!!!! I always feel rushed to hop in before the door closes and breaks my ankle.
I think that's one of my main complaints. Gotten used to it now, just hold the door open with your left hand until you get in. And at least it "auto-closes" So I never worry about closing the door
It if bothers you that much ,There is a solution which is to replace the door stops ($45 I think) and takes a bit of time since you have to remove the door panel and speakers.

Fortunately I haven't had much issues with rattles even at 125k, and my car was previously in a minor front and rear -end accidents (both bumpers are not completely lined up).

Where do people hear most of the rattling??

Old 04-07-2016, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,029 Likes on 946 Posts
^ rear deck, sun roof, random bracing not torqued well from the factory.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What I hate about my 2003.0 sedan: Tiny brakes; the auto transmission only being 5 speeds and shifting slower than a turtle, awful city gas mileage, rattles, and the trunk lid being the "doggy door" style.

What I love: Emerald mist is an awesome color; reliability and servicing costs, working at an Infiniti dealer and having labour performed at $40/HR and parts for cost plus 10% to boot, good power, quite comfortable after coming from a slammed car.

All in all, I think it's a good car. I may be over-exaggerating some of the problems but I think it would be a completely different car with bigger brakes, a 6 speed manual gearbox and stiffer suspension. I know that could be said about almost any car but the FM platform cars are quite good in most other aspects.

Last edited by slicrick; 04-07-2016 at 10:14 PM.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tyke420
^ ha ha, yes. I deal with the same thing everytime I take my G out. A lot of diesle trucks of all kinds do the same to me. Fvking j3rkoffs. Lol. But I hate that my G has a sunroof. I never use it and would just like it more if I didn't have one.
I can't remember if it was this site or the nico site, i swear i saw a posting about a carbon fiber sunroof delete. IMO sounds fantastic on any color G...I have done lots of sheet metal fab work in the past, you could delete it yourself if you had the right sheet metal, access to a good mig welder and appropriate metal working tools ie side grinder, pneumatic sander etc you could do your own delete in the garage. And i almost forgot, someone with master welding skills. But if you can weld good enough to lay down some good beads that penetrate like they are supposed too, even if they look like do-do your gonna smooth the welds out anyways to paint. Just my thoughts.

Old 04-11-2016, 02:51 AM
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
I think the carbon fiber sunroof delete is just the carbon panel they sell that over lays the coupes roof and then you get the headliner from a coupe with out a sunroof that's the easiest cheapest way

Old 04-11-2016, 03:02 AM
Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by LuxuryMuscle
I can't remember if it was this site or the nico site, i swear i saw a posting about a carbon fiber sunroof delete. IMO sounds fantastic on any color G...I have done lots of sheet metal fab work in the past, you could delete it yourself if you had the right sheet metal, access to a good mig welder and appropriate metal working tools ie side grinder, pneumatic sander etc you could do your own delete in the garage. And i almost forgot, someone with master welding skills. But if you can weld good enough to lay down some good beads that penetrate like they are supposed too, even if they look like do-do your gonna smooth the welds out anyways to paint. Just my thoughts.
Yeah i definitely have all the tools needed. I just don't feel like putting that much work into it to do that. If anything I'll just wrap my roof and call it a day. Would probably help its value in the long run if I didn't 'delete' it.

Old 04-11-2016, 03:27 AM
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
And besides why would you have to fab something they already make you can just buy the coupe sunroofless roof skin and swap it out and paint it. No fab... No welding... No wasted time

Old 04-13-2016, 03:31 AM
Originally Posted by slicrick
What I hate about my 2003.0 sedan: Tiny brakes; the auto transmission only being 5 speeds and shifting slower than a turtle, awful city gas mileage, rattles, and the trunk lid being the "doggy door" style.

What I love: Emerald mist is an awesome color; reliability and servicing costs, working at an Infiniti dealer and having labour performed at $40/HR and parts for cost plus 10% to boot, good power, quite comfortable after coming from a slammed car.

All in all, I think it's a good car. I may be over-exaggerating some of the problems but I think it would be a completely different car with bigger brakes, a 6 speed manual gearbox and stiffer suspension. I know that could be said about almost any car but the FM platform cars are quite good in most other aspects.
Those problems are not really "problems". Just the nature of a 13yo Automatic Sedan.

A newer G with a manual tranny would solve that. But its still a nice car regardless, just a bit on the older side now.

Old 04-13-2016, 03:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1) rattles
2) beige roof lining
3) seat belt placement
4) cup holder placement in the MT is just miserable and unusable. It is impossible to shift with a drink in the cup holders.

Old 04-29-2016, 09:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Justice06RR
Those problems are not really "problems". Just the nature of a 13yo Automatic Sedan.

A newer G with a manual tranny would solve that. But its still a nice car regardless, just a bit on the older side now.
I know, I know. It shows how great of cars they are! Really not much to complain about. Flushed the gear oil today and it really made a big difference in shift speed & smoothness. Going under the knife one last time while I am employed at the Infiniti dealer still. Valve cover gaskets on both banks, oil cooler o-ring, plugs and diff oil. Really going to miss that cost +10% discount on parts and $40 an hour labor for Infiniti certified techs doing the work.

Old 05-03-2016, 01:37 AM
Since the summer heat is here, the clutch pedal sticking (only returning back halfway) issue is back. I Did the usual clutch fluid flush and no bueno. The clutch pedal sticks anytime the temp is above 80F, which is basically everyday from 9am-7pm.

I can try one of 2 things: go with a Stainless steel clutch line for $35, and/or replace the clutch pedal assembly for $250 with an aftermarket kit from RJM.

Has anyone attempted to change the clutch pedal assembly to fix the issue? Or is going with a SS clutch line fix the issue?

Old 05-03-2016, 04:05 AM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
Since the summer heat is here, the clutch pedal sticking (only returning back halfway) issue is back. I Did the usual clutch fluid flush and no bueno. The clutch pedal sticks anytime the temp is above 80F, which is basically everyday from 9am-7pm.

I can try one of 2 things: go with a Stainless steel clutch line for $35, and/or replace the clutch pedal assembly for $250 with an aftermarket kit from RJM.

Has anyone attempted to change the clutch pedal assembly to fix the issue? Or is going with a SS clutch line fix the issue?
I bleed/flush the clutch fluid every spring to avoid that issue. I think the actual fix is to replace the master and slave cylinders. I've been holding off doing that until I need to replace the clutch, then do it all at once.

Old 05-03-2016, 11:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rattles? I thought I was the only one with this issue.
Engine heat.
Oil consumption.

Old 05-03-2016, 12:45 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
everything u guys mention but still love the car

Old 05-05-2016, 10:39 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I replaced the line with the heat wrapped stainless steel clutch line and replaced the fluid and haven't had any problems with mine for a few years now.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you hate about YOUR G35?