The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What do you hate about YOUR G35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 02:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my mistake..... i don't THINK i damaged the ribbon but...........

Old 12-12-2008, 10:58 AM
Widdle ya into kindling
Originally Posted by realgone
the goddamn mirror creaking all the time.
By the way, anyone know a fix for this, I tried a quick search but have not found anything yet. I think it is definitely coming form where the mirror attaches to the arm. I will try searching some more.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:53 AM
I Hate the non-adapting LCD screen. It should function like the Caddy's, adapting to the exterior lighting changes, by keeping the LCD screen the same brightness. And similart to KKarma, I now notice some of the rattles in and around the dash. 2007 G35X (non-Navi) premium package- 14K on the Odo. Not that crazy about the analog clock either, there should have been a digital clock included on the LCD screen.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:43 AM
The sunglass holder is a joke
The backseat is way too heavy and slightly unnecessary
No full size spare
the headlight set up

Old 12-20-2008, 05:41 PM
1.) Sunglass holder (currently being used as a gum and Altoids holder)
2.) Rattles (thinking about following the exorcism guide)
3.) Cheap paint job.
4.) Slow sun roof.
5.) Oil dipstick designed by a dipsh!t (I remember thinking at the dealership, "Oh good they put the oil filter in an accessible spot, that should be easy.." then I removed the dipstick and thought, wtf? I'll admit, it took me a few minutes to put it back in, I was paranoid that I was going to mess it up)
6.) Battery position.
7.) Unpainted lower sills (Going to paint them myself when the weather gets better)
8.) Hassle of getting a new key cut or key fob programmed. (Although it's a good excuse to drive 30 minutes to see the cute girl that sells the new smart cars which reminds me.. I need to get a tune up.. )
9.) Seat control position.
10.) non fold down rear seats.
11.) The fact that the car is so fun to drive that I hurt what is already considered ****ty gas mileage..
12.) That little cubby space underneath the passenger side 12v outlet. (Seriously, has anyone found a use for that spot? Anything I put in there is sure to slide out.. that and the sunglass holder makes me think this car was designed by midgets.)
13.) The layout/position of the scissor jack. (I'm already going to be pissed if I ever have to use that thing, don't **** me off more just trying to get it out and put it back in..)
14.) Windows don't roll up with the Keyfob..
15.) The fact that if you want to put in an aftermarket stereo you have to spend hundreds of dollars in multiple parts and that's just to have the appropriate space to fit the receiver..
16.) The whole AC/heater system. It seems to have a mind of it's own sometimes..
17.) Lack of MPG tracking/miles left on tank ect..(My sister's 2003 Nissan altima has all that, why wouldn't they put it on the 2004 infinity?? )
18.) This car is a sexy gold digging ****. It's like that girl that is so hot and out of your league but she gave you a chance and so to keep her around a little bit longer you end up spending more money than you should to buy her things. I feel like this car is going to make me go bankrupt because I can't stop looking at things to buy it. I'm looking at possible lay offs at work (NORDAM) and still seeing if I can budget in a MD 5/16 spacer. (which I fudged the numbers enough to decide I can.. and since I was getting that, it only seemed smart to get the JDM clear corners and save on shipping )
19.) No factory MP3 hook up.
20.) Back seat cup holders only useful for red bull. (Again, midgets )
21.) The volume only goes up to 31. Wtf is 31 anyways? who decided on that number?

I guess I'll stop nit picking there. But all-in-all I love this car

Old 12-20-2008, 08:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ HAHA! I love you! no homo

I FULLY agree with everything you said, but I absolutely love my car.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:38 PM
dead power window motor
dead power lock motor
seat rock
axle click
noisy throwout bearing
no auto climate control
gauge cluster from 1994
lazy parking brake

i think that's it.

Old 12-25-2008, 12:47 AM
i hate that i got my 06 g35 sport last night and i couldnt help but look at this thread !

Old 12-25-2008, 12:49 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i hate all the rattles and creeks, they get really annoying after a while.

Old 12-26-2008, 09:23 AM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Well i guess im not in love with the 03-04 coupes rear spoiler, its too big for my taste! its grown on me a bit tho

sunglass holder is ridiculous

non height adjustable passenger seat (wtf! its an infinity and a 2004 at that! i belive 05+ has this upgraded)

no factory MP3

i think thats it for me!!!

Old 12-26-2008, 09:26 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by JDMG35SPORT
Well i guess im not in love with the 03-04 coupes rear spoiler, its too big for my taste! its grown on me a bit tho

sunglass holder is ridiculous

non height adjustable passenger seat (wtf! its an infinity and a 2004 at that! i belive 05+ has this upgraded)

no factory MP3

i think thats it for me!!!
I have an 06 and i have MP3 but the passenger seat isnt height adjustable

Old 12-26-2008, 10:15 AM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
^ really? i thought they were....STEP IT UP INFINITY! my GTI 20th had adjustable height on the passenger side!....its the little things that count!

Old 12-26-2008, 10:29 AM
12.) That little cubby space underneath the passenger side 12v outlet. (Seriously, has anyone found a use for that spot? Anything I put in there is sure to slide out.. that and the sunglass holder makes me think this car was designed by midgets.)
I never thought of that space as a cubby for storage. For some reason I assumed it was an AC/ventilation intake. It looks like it has a little screen like inlet to me.

A lot of funny and valid concerns. I still can't get over the sunglass holder. I mean, what were they thinking. Mine goes unused, my ashtray is my gum holder.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
what REALLY FVCKING bugs me is no FVCKING wiper on the back FVCKING window, can't see FVCKING **** when it snows or rains, they could've made one, I'm gonna go and apply some Rain-X to the window that should help a bit

Old 01-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just had mine for a month now and I have a few

-noisey throwout bearing
-how the seatbelt scratches the door panel
-shifting 1rst to 2nd could be smoother

I probably will have more later but so far its good to me

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you hate about YOUR G35?