The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What do you hate about YOUR G35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 11:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kinn
the power outlet is inside the freaking armrest! how am i ever going to connect my GPS.....or am i missing something here? Or can i just disconnect the cigar lighter?
I think I read somewhere not to do that. But yeah, not really accessible nor is it possible to drive with the armrest open.

Old 01-13-2009, 12:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Travellin007
I think I read somewhere not to do that. But yeah, not really accessible nor is it possible to drive with the armrest open.
uugghhh.....i am still trying to figure this out! i take roadtrips alot, and need access to my GPS most of the times.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:32 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
uugghhh.....i am still trying to figure this out! i take roadtrips alot, and need access to my GPS most of the times.
I'll tell you a good way that you can plug it in without even SEEING it.. It'll just take some time and you'll have to buy a new wire if you carry it while your out of the car. Click "HERE" for the DIY.. Very simple, very easy!

Old 01-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by paky786
I'll tell you a good way that you can plug it in without even SEEING it.. It'll just take some time and you'll have to buy a new wire if you carry it while your out of the car. Click "HERE" for the DIY.. Very simple, very easy!
thanks for the link, but the 07-08 Gs have a very different dashboard, which makes it even harder!

Old 01-13-2009, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by gugarci
08 G35Xs, Blue Slate / Graphite
I'd be pissed too if I paid all that money for an ugly-assed color like that.

I don't hate my car but there is one thing that really annoys me about it. That the lawyers got involved and you can't use all the nav and other functions on the main screen unless you're stopped. It's really, really annoying.

But I do love my car.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:59 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
thanks for the link, but the 07-08 Gs have a very different dashboard, which makes it even harder!
Sorry! Didn't read your sig, haha good luck with that. :X

Old 01-13-2009, 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by MSP G35X
I'd be pissed too if I paid all that money for an ugly-assed color like that.

I don't hate my car but there is one thing that really annoys me about it. That the lawyers got involved and you can't use all the nav and other functions on the main screen unless you're stopped. It's really, really annoying.

But I do love my car.
you can buy a program or something that over writes it, so you can have the ablility to use those functions while driving.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Actually, I discovered by accident that there is a spot for the cord to come out of the armrest and you can close it. It towards the drivers side of the front lip of the armrest (there are two raised notches there). I suppose one could then run the wire beside the console and up to the dash from there.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:24 PM
Thumbs down

The only thing that i hate about my g35 is it's sitting in the damn garage and i kant drive the GD thingrrrrrrrrrrrr

Old 01-22-2009, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by Travellin007
Actually, I discovered by accident that there is a spot for the cord to come out of the armrest and you can close it. It towards the drivers side of the front lip of the armrest (there are two raised notches there). I suppose one could then run the wire beside the console and up to the dash from there.
ahh mann!!! i am going to check that out tomorrow morning! I hope the X versions have the same thing!

Old 01-23-2009, 11:10 AM
-feels like a tank

-heavy door doesn't stay open even on slight incline

-makes me wanna speed. Who made speed laws anyways?

Old 01-23-2009, 12:44 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
The seat belts are driving me Fing crazy.....

Old 01-24-2009, 03:34 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
The horn is too quiet
Every time you look at black paint funny it gets more swirls
Hitting "OK" every time my nav screen pops up

Old 01-24-2009, 07:54 PM
2008 G35 Journey with Sport and Premium package. Had it for one month and 1,300 miles so far.
My rants so far are:

1. Auto trans. The auto trans does not or hardly engage the converter clutch in manual mode which makes the manual mode entirely ridiculous. Hell, our Saab's A5 manu-mode is ten times better since the converter clutch immediately enages in the top three gears right after the shift, stays engaged on downshifts and it will also not release until you get to about 1000 rpm when the trans automatically shifts down to the next lowest gear in order not to stall the car. This truly gives you a manual gear box feeling with an auto box. This is by far and wide my biggest disappointment with this car. With the covnerter clutch disengaged in manual the G35 auto feels completely slushy in any gear since there is not direct connection between the engine and trans. What a joke!! In the Saab I drive in manual all the time, in the G35 I don't even consider using it.

2. Fog lights are complete carp! You can literally not see any diff. whatsoever when you turn them on. Seems like Infiniti just wated to have them on the check list: Fog lights, yep have them too ... Our Saab and BMW have proper fog lights and they are great.

2a. Seat heaters are carp!! If its cold, after 15 minutes you might feel a little warming. Our Saab and BMW the seats are hot after 30 seconds and I ahve to turn them down to the lowest setting after 5 minutes of driving cause their too hot.

2 b. Cheap leather. This is Chevy quality leather. The leather in my 2001 BMW is ten times better and the new BMw leather is also much better. The side bolster is already showing wear at 1000 miles ona new car.

3. Speed sensitive volume control is worthless.

4. Opening the trunk in the rain dumps water from the trunk lid into the trunk

5. Seat and steering wheel adjustments not high enough or far back enough for 6'4" and taller drivers like me.

6. Console too small for iPod Touch to comfortably fit and radio loses connection to iPod frequently.

7. Sport package seats are butt pinchers and uncomfortable.

8. Hood does not open high enough. Must have been designed for Japanese micro mechanics. What gives??

9. Felt mats in rear fenders. WTF !!! Your car dumps a agallon a side on your garage floor when you pull in out of the rain while these crapola deals drain.

10. Engine revvs high on cold start like an old 1975 Chevy with a stuck throttle. Everyone around me in the parking lot truns their heads and thinks geee.

11. No folding rear seat backs available. This is table stakes guys even though you have to pay for it in a Bimmer, it is essential for us when we want to load some bigger items every once in a while.

12. 19 MPG around suburbia / 26 mpg hwy - driving really easy ... this is not up to par anymore these days. Gas hog!

13. Rough engine at above 4000 rpm. I guess I am spoiled from my BMWs of past. Heck, except at idle the 2.0T 210 HP turbo 4 cylinder in our Saab 9-3 is MUCH smoother than the VQ35HR and sounds better too on the inside of the car. Like an angry hornet. The G35 engine remindes me of the Ford Taurus 3.0l V6 cast iron "boat anchor" engine. They were that rough too.

Last edited by Alex D; 01-25-2009 at 12:38 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you hate about YOUR G35?