G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What do you hate about YOUR G35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 03:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey guys,

i remember now what i hate most about my G35:

i went and parked my car in front of Arby's Rest. today for breakfast, and guess what?
-some senior citizen lady drove by in a buick and looked at my G for the duration of the whole time she was cornering around a curb into the drivethru lane, not only that but -
-some thirty somethin dude in his pickup did the same thing and his kid (about 11 or twelve) started pointing at my G ride, not only that -
-as i was walking towards my G - another little kid out of nowhwere started screaming "look mom... look", OMG

this ain't no kiddie ride all ight?, ain't no senior citizen discount on this ride neither, and to think some pickup driver drooling over my baby blue G is just sickening - next time i am not washing my G before a sunday drive,

it's hard enough that i sleep at night worrying somebody breaking in and taking my G out for a ride, but now i got kids who wants to play ball nearby?, and some dude checking her out? - i can't even enjoy my roastburger without somebody droolling all over her - that's it, from now on she's staying inside...

damn, i hate this ****

Old 07-19-2009, 03:09 PM
There are 73 pages and I don't have time to read all of the pages, but the things I dislike the most are; The orange lights around the gauges and ****, and the fact that I can't do a super easy cd swap. Other than that, I LOVE my G.

Old 07-19-2009, 03:46 PM
i hate the fact that it is so loud in the cabin while you are driving

Old 07-20-2009, 01:23 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 G35 Sedan

1)MPG sucks

2)No Hydraulic hood lifts

3)Crappy cup holders (not deep enough)

4)Stock speakers sound horrible

5)Small center console

6)Small glove compartment

Old 07-20-2009, 12:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by musti82
hey dont hate on tape deck, that is the best thing i like about the sound system, u just need to buy a cassette player cable for your ipod. plus the sound is almost perfect!

i know u could have done so many things to the sound system but if u want to stay cheap, thats the way )
I agree. I miss that about my 03' Im debating on paying $200 for the nissan ipod controller.

Old 09-10-2009, 02:12 AM
lol the worst part is if you have a drink in the cup holder and you are trying to shift gears...
that is the only thing i absolutely hate...

oh and the seats take forever to retract if someone is trying to get in the back. but thats not that big of an issue cause its not me whose waiting lol.

hydrolyic hood would be nice. but no biggie.

Old 09-10-2009, 03:22 AM
I hate tire feathering

Old 10-17-2009, 08:44 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
1. interior rattles
2. tire feathering (causes so much damn noise in the cabin)
3. rain on rear window (when car sits outside I can't see **** when I start driving)
4. seats are uncomfortable (especially on 1+ hour drives - I'm 5 ft 6)
5. no hood dampers??!
6. inadequate glove box compartment(s)
7. joke of a back seat
8. leather seat wear (driver side)
9. horrible entry access to get into the rear (i've had plenty of coupes and this by far is the worst)
10. makes me paranoid where I park my car.. I always give it a walk/once-over when I wake up in the morning or go back to my car.

In that order.

but all in all, I still love my G..

Old 10-18-2009, 11:05 AM
Received 232 Likes on 183 Posts
I hate that I can't afford to mod my 6mt coupe the way I want to, and I hate keeping it clean (OB). Other than that, no serious complaints with my 05, 63k miles and still love driving it every day.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:52 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
-I hate that the dash isn't sporty, but then again, this isn't supposed to be a sports car. I just wished it kinda wrapped around like the Z or the last gen Celica.

-I wish the seat bottom could tilt a little higher. I'm 6'3" and would be more comfy with my knees a little higher up.

-Separate fog lights!!!

Other than those three, I'm good with this car. Wanted one since they first came out and finally copped in April. Already dropped it, added sways and a strut tower brace, and rimmed it up (RH J8's). Took out the factory stereo the next day for a touchscreen CD/DVD/iPod/navi unit.

Old 10-18-2009, 01:08 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Oil Consumption FTL!!

Old 10-18-2009, 03:16 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
+1 for oil consumption. The stupid dip stick. No button or switch for the gas door. Seats are uncomfy. 8" sub... really? Would it have been that much of a pain to make that a 10" sub? Occasional gas pedal delay. Creaks and rattles everywhere.

Old 10-24-2009, 03:30 PM
Lets see......

1. Broken Bose Radio/HVAC controls and Infiniti's refusal to issue a proper recall (1200+ dollar fix via dealer)

2. Bad power window motors, break all the time

3. Bad compression rods, cause creaking and if they break, cause your car to go seriously out of alignment

4. Brakes that dont last long

Dislikes

1. Lack of lowend torque

2. Bad interior styling

1. Good looking car

Unfortunately, due to terrible reliability, i wont be getting another infiniti anytime soon.

Old 10-24-2009, 03:51 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by shooter mcgavin
1. Good looking car

Unfortunately, due to terrible reliability, i wont be getting another infiniti anytime soon.
This is exactly how I feel. This was the first car I've bought on my own (that wasn't a hand-me-down), I love how this car looks to death and plan to keep it forever, but given the terrible build quality and Nissan's lack of any sort of accountability about anything , I won't be buying another Nissan/Infiniti again.

Old 10-24-2009, 03:53 PM
Added a few:

Originally Posted by Alex D
2008 G35 Journey with Sport and Premium package. Had it for one month and 1,300 miles so far.
My rants so far are:

1. Auto trans. The auto trans does not or hardly engage the converter clutch in manual mode which makes the manual mode entirely ridiculous. Hell, our Saab's A5 manu-mode is ten times better since the converter clutch immediately enages in the top three gears right after the shift, stays engaged on downshifts and it will also not release until you get to about 1000 rpm when the trans automatically shifts down to the next lowest gear in order not to stall the car. This truly gives you a manual gear box feeling with an auto box. This is by far and wide my biggest disappointment with this car. With the converter clutch disengaged in manual the G35 auto feels completely slushy in any gear since there is not direct connection between the engine and trans. What a joke!! In the Saab I drive in manual all the time, in the G35 I don't even consider using it. The same with the 3 series BMW: The TC is always engaged except when stopping or for a short while after taking off but otherwise the BMW trans is like a manual.

2. Fog lights are complete carp! You can literally not see any diff. whatsoever when you turn them on. Seems like Infiniti just wated to have them on the check list: Fog lights, yep have them too ... Our Saab and BMW have proper fog lights and they are great.

2a. Seat heaters are carp!! If its cold, after 15 minutes you might feel a little warming. Our Saab and BMW the seats are hot after 30 seconds and I ahve to turn them down to the lowest setting after 5 minutes of driving cause their too hot.

2 b. Cheap leather. This is Chevy quality leather. The leather in my 2001 BMW is ten times better and the new BMw leather is also much better. The side bolster is already showing wear at 1000 miles ona new car.

3. Speed sensitive volume control is worthless.

4. Opening the trunk in the rain dumps water from the trunk lid into the trunk

5. Seat and steering wheel adjustments not high enough or far back enough for 6'4" and taller drivers like me.

6. Console too small for iPod Touch to comfortably fit and radio loses connection to iPod frequently.

7. Sport package seats are butt pinchers and uncomfortable.

8. Hood does not open high enough. Must have been designed for Japanese micro mechanics. What gives??

9. Felt mats in rear fenders. WTF !!! Your car dumps a gallon of water each side on your garage floor when you pull in out of the rain while these crapola deals drain.

10. Engine revvs high on cold start like an old 1975 Chevy with a stuck throttle. Everyone around me in the parking lot truns their heads and thinks geee.

11. No folding rear seat backs available. This is table stakes guys even though you have to pay for it in a Bimmer, it is essential for us when we want to load some bigger items every once in a while.

12. 19 MPG around suburbia / 26 mpg hwy - driving really easy ... this is not up to par anymore these days. Gas hog!

13. Rough engine at above 4000 rpm. I guess I am spoiled from my BMWs of past. Heck, except at idle the 2.0T 210 HP turbo 4 cylinder in our Saab 9-3 is MUCH smoother than the VQ35HR and sounds better too on the inside of the car. Like an angry hornet. The G35 engine remindes me of the Ford Taurus 3.0l V6 cast iron "boat anchor" engine. They were that rough too.

14. Volume control on radio is too coarse. With our little boy sometimes one click is from too loud to too quiet.

15. Rear window defogger is weak. On our Saab or Bimmer when there is dew or frost on the rear window its gone within a minute after firing up the defogger. On our G35 it takes over 10 minutes to get the rear window fully clear.

16. Cannot fully shut off heater while keeping fan on. When turned down all the way to 60 F the heater will come on regardless after a cool night or in cold weather, whether you want it or not.

17. OEM tires are great for traction but only last about 10K miles in the rear and the fronts are horribly loud after just 5K miles with tire roar and a pronounced whup, whup, whup noise at slower speeds. I am going to Toyo Proxes 4 my favorite all around sport tire.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you hate about YOUR G35?