The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What do you hate about YOUR G35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 12:14 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Jairen
There's no way. I've raced one at the track that was bone stock. No way.
I didn't race it at a track, it was on the street so driver error comes into play a lot more. He could have been a really bad driver, I don't know. All I'm saying is I'm not lying and I'm not talking out of my ***, I raced it and beat it.

It was at a stoplight and we took off and I got a better takeoff and pulled a car on him and I kept it until about 90 when we had to shut down for the next light.

Last edited by SkyWay; 05-19-2010 at 12:23 AM.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:21 AM
Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
Someone is talking out of his azz obviously. Most owners have already come to realize that the G is a pig on the track. Nothing to be ashamed of. It doesn't make us much less of a man.
I'm not saying my car is really fast and I know full well how slow our cars really are, but I might be a better driver than them on the street.

Track is a different story as I have never done it. I would love to try it out but the best we got around here is an 1/8th mile

Old 05-19-2010, 12:43 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SkyWay
I didn't race it at a track, it was on the street so driver error comes into play a lot more. He could have been a really bad driver, I don't know. All I'm saying is I'm not lying and I'm not talking out of my ***, I raced it and beat it.

It was at a stoplight and we took off and I got a better takeoff and pulled a car on him and I kept it until about 90 when we had to shut down for the next light.
actually they only trap like 100-104..faster then a g, but not as much as i thought...from a roll you might have a chance of outsmarting its auto tranny i guess. from a dig you wouldnt have a chance if the driver was alive

the slowest srt-8 on drag times (at under 1500 ft) ran 13.290@102.970, fastest stock time 12.814@104.900

the fastest NA g35 on this forum (with street tires) ran 13.495@101.69 ..lol

so even the most heavily modded NA g on street tires would lose to the slowest stock srt-8

Old 05-19-2010, 01:16 AM
Originally Posted by Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust
actually they only trap like 100-104..faster then a g, but not as much as i thought...from a roll you might have a chance of outsmarting its auto tranny i guess. from a dig you wouldnt have a chance if the driver was alive

the slowest srt-8 on drag times (at under 1500 ft) ran 13.290@102.970, fastest stock time 12.814@104.900

the fastest NA g35 on this forum (with street tires) ran 13.495@101.69 ..lol

so even the most heavily modded NA g on street tires would lose to the slowest stock srt-8
You can throw out numbers all day but it's still not gonna change the fact that I did in fact beat one from a dig with an N/A g35 sedan.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:20 AM
i guess he wasnt at wot then because it isnt possible if he floored it

Old 05-19-2010, 08:00 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Theres no reason to doubt that you beat it on the streets. I've also beaten an STi from a roll. Not that surprising because he didn't have a chance to beat me off the line and he's a manual (probably driver error). If he says he beat one he probably in fact did beat one to some extent... but whether the SRT8 was actually WOT or not or if he let off, etc... are all contributing factors. No reason to doubt what he's saying

Old 05-19-2010, 08:20 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by SkyWay
I raced an 09 Jeep SRT8 in my 04 g sedan and beat him.

I have a stillen intake, kinetix HFC's, and custom ss cat back and we raced from a dig and I pulled a car on him and he wasn't catching up.
HA HA HA

They do low 13s bone stock. With simple mods like pully, intake, tires, and tune they can hit 10s. Plus the 03-04 sedans only have 260 hp. You would be lucky to hit low 15s in the 1/4 mile with your car. There is no driver error in them etiher because they are autos. Maybe next time you should tell the other car with twice your power that you are racing before you pull your ricer fly by.

You should stick to racing work trucks, mini vans, and hybrids. You may be able to hang with a new Camry or Mazda6, but they both have more power than you too so it will be close.

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 05-19-2010 at 08:45 AM.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:43 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
I just checked to make sure. I am sorry for the bad news, but a 2010 Camry LE and 2010 Mazda 6 both have more power and weigh less than your 04 G35 sedan.

BUT you could still race the 4 cylinder versions, take them down.... you know really flex your immense manhood. You go show that 4 cylinder Camry that raw power you have hidden in that muscle car of yours. You can even ask him if he wants to race for pink slips.

Old 05-19-2010, 09:28 AM
V35 g35 6mts run mid-low 14s, not 15s. a g35x might run a low 15. they are rated 260hp but they don't dyno any lower then the supposedly 280hp coupes. some people on here say the automatics rwds are just as fast...idk about that because i pulled on one from a roll in my celica gt-s..lol, but from a dig maybe...either way they aren't 15 second cars

but I don't understand claiming you beat a car way faster then yours, ive been involved in lots of races where someone screwed up or wasnt trying, one time I tied a 350z in my automatic sentra se-r which ran low 16s...what exactly does that show? some people have weird driving styles and are afraid of going wot because they think their car will break...or maybe since it was a chrysler it was broken...lol

the thing with the jeep srt-8 is that its a car where the driver really doesnt come into play at all aside from turning off the traction control, with awd and an automatic u just step on the gas and win...what exactly could he have been doing aside from his car being broken or just not flooring it? Of course there is also reaction time..maybe you just got the jump on him(by a full second..lol)

Last edited by Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust; 05-19-2010 at 09:34 AM.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is better than reading the paper in the morning

Old 05-19-2010, 09:44 AM
lawl

Old 05-19-2010, 11:14 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
some people have weird driving styles and are afraid of going wot because they think their car will break
Haha I am like this, I think I've gone WOT with my car maybe twice, and that was because I was fighting with my girlfriend at the time when we were driving. I was pissed.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:24 AM
lol

Old 05-19-2010, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
HA HA HA

They do low 13s bone stock. With simple mods like pully, intake, tires, and tune they can hit 10s. Plus the 03-04 sedans only have 260 hp. You would be lucky to hit low 15s in the 1/4 mile with your car. There is no driver error in them etiher because they are autos. Maybe next time you should tell the other car with twice your power that you are racing before you pull your ricer fly by.

You should stick to racing work trucks, mini vans, and hybrids. You may be able to hang with a new Camry or Mazda6, but they both have more power than you too so it will be close.

Shortly after I bought my car I dyno'd it and put down 250hp and 222tq at the wheels. Since then, I have added HFC's, so I'm putting down close to what my car was rated at the crank from the factory.

There absolutely is driver error when racing an auto. Reaction time.

I don't know how slow your g35 is, but the way mine is setup I'm on par with STI's and newer 302 boss mustangs.

Don't hate on me for beating a faster car. If you can't believe it, that's your fault. You can say I didn't beat it all day long, but I have no reason to lie and I know the truth.

V35 g35 6mts run mid-low 14s, not 15s. a g35x might run a low 15. they are rated 260hp but they don't dyno any lower then the supposedly 280hp coupes. some people on here say the automatics rwds are just as fast...idk about that because i pulled on one from a roll in my celica gt-s..lol, but from a dig maybe...either way they aren't 15 second cars

but I don't understand claiming you beat a car way faster then yours, ive been involved in lots of races where someone screwed up or wasnt trying, one time I tied a 350z in my automatic sentra se-r which ran low 16s...what exactly does that show? some people have weird driving styles and are afraid of going wot because they think their car will break...or maybe since it was a chrysler it was broken...lol

the thing with the jeep srt-8 is that its a car where the driver really doesnt come into play at all aside from turning off the traction control, with awd and an automatic u just step on the gas and win...what exactly could he have been doing aside from his car being broken or just not flooring it? Of course there is also reaction time..maybe you just got the jump on him(by a full second..lol)
If we both race from a dig at a stoplight up to 90 mph in a 45, I'm absolutely certain that he was at wot. When we came up to the next red light he rolled down his window and said "Daaamn!! That's one fast infiniti!!"

When the light turned green my reaction time was faster than his and I pulled on him. When we both hit 90 mph, he hadn't caught up. This is a fact. I'm not making it up.

You can talk **** all you want, but I did beat him. And he was racing me at wot. Now both of you are gonna say it's impossible and post some more 1/4 mile times, hp numbers, and you might even throw another youtube video in the mix.....

I BEAT AN 09 JEEP SRT8 FROM A DIG - deal with it

Last edited by SkyWay; 05-19-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by TehG35
Theres no reason to doubt that you beat it on the streets. I've also beaten an STi from a roll. Not that surprising because he didn't have a chance to beat me off the line and he's a manual (probably driver error). If he says he beat one he probably in fact did beat one to some extent...but whether the SRT8 was actually WOT or not or if he let off, etc... are all contributing factors. No reason to doubt what he's saying
ty, at least someone gets it.

He was at WOT and we both let off at the same time for the next stop light-read previous post

btw I've beaten an STI from 60-120

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you hate about YOUR G35?