The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Buyer Beware Concept Z Performance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 12:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buyer Beware Concept Z Performance

Hello all, I just recently purchased Hotchkis Sway bars from Concept Z performance...I was wanting to return them and come to find out they charge a 25% restocking fee...This fee is not known in there policies and your not told before you purchase. By the time I would ship these back and pay the restocking I'm better off just selling them privately...Just buyer beware before you order from these people!

Old 01-24-2006, 12:14 PM

rip off man 25% **** sorry to hear hope no one else goes through these conartists even if the restocking fee was listed in their policies its just a rip

Old 01-24-2006, 02:07 PM
I was just notified by CZP that they won't charge me the 25% restocking fee if the box is perfect condition when they recieve it from me when I send it back, the box I recieved was banged up from shipping so now does that mean I deserve 25% of my money back? haha...

Old 01-24-2006, 02:09 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Did you check their FAQ's page or Return Policy on their website? What does it say? If it doesn't say anything about the 25% fee, I would tell them you are going to file a dispute w/ your CC and they will not get any of your money, and you will contact the BBB. Then it's their call.

Old 01-24-2006, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by IPGThreeFive
Hello all, I just recently purchased Hotchkis Sway bars from Concept Z performance...I was wanting to return them and come to find out they charge a 25% restocking fee...This fee is not known in there policies and your not told before you purchase. By the time I would ship these back and pay the restocking I'm better off just selling them privately...Just buyer beware before you order from these people!
Companys usualy have these charges because of the fact when you place a order over the phone or whatever they lose 3% to the credit card processing services and then when they credit you back they would lose another 3%. So right off the back thats 6%. Plus they had to pay someone to take your order, get your order ready to ship and to ship it. So the company is just trying to cover themselves without losing money out of thier own pockets. The company should 100% have this written on there site tho if they want to do this.

Old 01-24-2006, 06:37 PM
After just looking at there site, they do not state there return policy anywhere. They should have told you this before ordering.

Old 01-24-2006, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by evildarkness
Companys usualy have these charges because of the fact when you place a order over the phone or whatever they lose 3% to the credit card processing services and then when they credit you back they would lose another 3%. So right off the back thats 6%. Plus they had to pay someone to take your order, get your order ready to ship and to ship it. So the company is just trying to cover themselves without losing money out of thier own pockets. The company should 100% have this written on there site tho if they want to do this.
these types of policies are total BS! noway am i ever, in any shape or form, doing business w/ a company that has such a policy. these are normal transactional costs associated w/ doing business. companies that do this are looking for ways to keep their returns down, which is a shady business practice and a pretty good indication that they don't care about their customers.

thnxs for the heads up!

Old 01-24-2006, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by cerr
these types of policies are total BS! noway am i ever, in any shape or form, doing business w/ a company that has such a policy. these are normal transactional costs associated w/ doing business. companies that do this are looking for ways to keep their returns down, which is a shady business practice and a pretty good indication that they don't care about their customers.

thnxs for the heads up!
Probally 99.9% online companys do this

Old 01-24-2006, 09:55 PM
Evil Bastard
I dont think 99.9% charge as high as 25%.

It would be more realistic to say 80% don't return the shipping fee, and you must pay for shipping back.

The rest either don't charge, don't take returns, or charge a relatively low fee. Are all of your online stores based in korea-town? Koreans=worst vendors, evaR.

Old 01-24-2006, 11:45 PM
It is ILLEGAL to charge a "restocking fee" without knowledge prior to the purchase.

Old 01-25-2006, 02:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All online parts shops do this if you wanted to return something which has no defects or damage... Most charge 20%-25%.

Old 01-25-2006, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by evildarkness
Probally 99.9% online companys do this
BUHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH. yeah, right.

Old 01-25-2006, 12:36 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Before I start, I AM NOT sticking up for the vendor in this thread, and am simply stating some real-world examples.

Every company I have ever worked for - software, hardware (firewalls), furniture, etc - has charged a restocking fee to cover the costs associated with processing and fulfilling an order. In some instances it was also done to help prevent the decision to return/refund. With the firewall company, we worked on a JIT schedule, and ordered the hardware after the order was placed. We did not build the box until 3-5 days before the scheduled delivery, would then test them, and ship directly to the customer. We had to set this up 10 days before delivery. If the customer cancelled the order less than 10 days before that date we charged a 50% restocking fee. That's 50% of firewalls that cost between $15,000 and $65,000 each.

If the policy is not public and posted, it wont hold up. If it is on the website or something you signed for the order, you might be stuck. Let's hope they take the high road and dont try to screw you

Old 01-25-2006, 12:57 PM
ummm he is right... i know thats what i charge... its just to cover my a$$ because I dont like losing money especially when i have to special order something that doesnt move very well and all its going to do is collect dust in my shop

Old 01-25-2006, 01:03 PM
Maybe you should do a little more research before u speak

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Buyer Beware Concept Z Performance