Sidemarker Mod with Alternator Blinking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 07:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sidemarker Mod with Alternator Blinking

I looked at the Sidemarker MOD Here,

http://www.6mt.net/mod-g35-sidemarker.php

Seems kind of confusing, but I was wondering if anyone has a idea to do it where the front indicator and sidemarker light up alternately and also if It is bad for my CCFL's in the Sidemarkers to blink?

Last edited by Raheel; 04-06-2006 at 07:06 PM.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
u have ccfl in the sidemarker or the clearance strip? i've never seen them in the sidemarker before... post a pic if u can.

Old 04-07-2006, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by giddyup69
u have ccfl in the sidemarker or the clearance strip? i've never seen them in the sidemarker before... post a pic if u can.

Sidemarker, I put 2 four inchers in each, and I put two 12 inchers above my license plate, I dont have pictures yet, but heres some of somebody elses, where I learned how to do it

Old 04-07-2006, 05:35 PM
I have the blinker mod done when I first go the car. I just taped the wire on the front blinker and cut the power line off of the sidemarker. Works really well but of course the bulb isnt made for signal so I have changed about 3 sets in the past two years. I think there is a dyi on another g forum.

Old 04-07-2006, 05:49 PM
Sorry I forgot to the post the link on it https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...fl+sidemarkers

Old 04-07-2006, 08:50 PM
Well, I've bought a few sets of CCFL that are designed to flash with sound usning a built in mic. So, the actual tubes are fine with blinking. I don't know if the converter is modified for these sound activated ones or not, but I would just go for it. Worst case: you need new converters.

Curt

Old 08-13-2008, 04:28 PM
I did this mod and it only blinks when the lights are on for me that is because I have leds on my side marker lights. It doesn't blink when the lights are off. I put a regular 194 bulb in just to make sure and I was right doesn't work with my led bulb. Anyone else have this issue?

Old 09-08-2008, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by texasg
I did this mod and it only blinks when the lights are on for me that is because I have leds on my side marker lights. It doesn't blink when the lights are off. I put a regular 194 bulb in just to make sure and I was right doesn't work with my led bulb. Anyone else have this issue?

I can verify that this mod only works (the side markers blink) when the lights are ON using a polarized LED bulb. Obviously the polarity is wrong when the lights are OFF. To verify this I stuck in a dual polarity flanker (side firing) LED from v-leds just to see what would happen. Sure enough, the side markers now blink with the lights on or off. Unfortunately, the flanker LED is ugly in the side markers. Have to find another solution if you want to stick with LEDs.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:54 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Raheel
I looked at the Sidemarker MOD Here,

http://www.6mt.net/mod-g35-sidemarker.php

Seems kind of confusing, but I was wondering if anyone has a idea to do it where the front indicator and sidemarker light up alternately and also if It is bad for my CCFL's in the Sidemarkers to blink?
With this mod on a standard bulb, the lights will do this on their own with the parking lights/headlights on. That's actually the most annoying thing with that mod, with the parking lights off the lights blink together, but with the lights on the alternate. The only way to make it alternate would be to use a relay to invert the blinker signal coming in.

I don't know enough about CCFL's to say absolutely if it is good or bad for them to blink, but my initial thought is no, it is not good to blink. I say that because it follows along the same concept as HID. Both HID and CCFL's use a charged gas to make their light. Most people know strobing HID is bad, and I would assume CCFL's would follow on the same line. Again, I don't know that for sure, but that would be my intuitive thought.