The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Performance Nissan not working for anyone else?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 07:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Performance Nissan not working for anyone else?

https://performancenissanparts.com/

Seems to not work for me at all. I just get a timed out message everytime!!! Kind of upsetting considering I had an order with them 3 weeks ago!

Old 04-12-2006, 08:00 PM
try "www.performancenissanparts.com"... I got a page to come up, but it does say that they are having Technical difficulties. They do have a Phone number and email if you have any questions. Good Luck...

Old 04-12-2006, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, I tried another addy, as well. They have post note, which apologizes for their technical difficulties. It's not you.

Old 04-13-2006, 06:09 PM
I just got a letter from them saying their Parts Department web server was hacked into and now the intruder has access to the names, addresses and credit card info of customers who made online purchases. It also says the website is being restored and will be reactivated within the next few weeks.

Erg, time to request a new credit card number. Damn hackers :P

Anyone else get this notice?

Old 04-13-2006, 07:46 PM
I didnt get that notice, but I am now going to ask when I talk to them next!!! I just made an order not too long ago. Really hope nothing odd changes on my card. Time to keep close eye.

Old 04-13-2006, 08:53 PM
wassupMyNinjas! (^_^)

Received 102 Likes on 45 Posts
I got the notice on both my credit cards and immediately called to see if any unauthorized purchases were made.

None were made and then I closed both accounts and got 2 new credit card numbers.

Everyone should do it here if they used their card at any point with Performance Nissan, better to be safe...

Old 04-14-2006, 12:25 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
I just had to call and cancel two cards as well. What a PITA. I'm not buying from Performance again unless they send me some kind of discount for this inconvenience.

Old 04-14-2006, 01:53 AM
Here's a post from My350Z.com in which Andy@Performance addresses the issue, as well as a link to the thread over there:

Got a mail.. Perf Nissan and Mynismo hacked.. credit card problem now.

Originally Posted by Andy@Performance -- My350Z.com

Hey guys, yes, we had someone hack into our server almost 2 weeks ago. The person who hacked into our server had access to everything on it but there was no record that showed he went into our site, this is why the letters were mailed as a precautionary measure to safeguard your financial accounts. I know people have been calling in and some of you may have heard we were down for "upgrade" reasons which is partially true. We are upgrading to a much better system which will be much more secure than our previous site. We do not want to give the impression that we stored CC information intentionally but that was just the way our system functioned. Our new website will no longer store any CC information at all and all transactions will be verified by www.verisign.com. Unfortunately, no website is 100% secure and if someone really wanted to get in, they will find a way to hack in and we were one of the unfortunate e-commerce businesses that had to suffer from this atrocious act as well as our customers. We deeply apologize for this and hope to regain the trust of our customers. As of now, our case is being investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and is a federal case, rest assured, we are doing everything in our powers to find the source of this hacker and salvage and protect and other data that couldve possibly been compromised.

Performance Nissan Parts(www.mynismo.com) is currently at ground zero and we are building from scratch. We are in the process of building a much more better website with a lot more information and data for your needs. I know that our old website was somewhat of an eye sore and not the most pleasant to look at but our new website will be much more appealing and much more easier to navigate. As far as the sight being secure, we are switching over to a completely different server company which we will solely have a dedicated server to us and we will have as much control of it as humanly possible. We are investing a lot of capital into our new website with new and updated hardware/software to have the most up to date technology as possible. We are taking the neccessay precautions to do what we can to make very transaction on the new website much more secure than what it was.

Due to our website being down, we do not have access to any of our orders. Our backups from the old website are in the process of being salvaged so we can get to the backorders so we can accomdate you with your parts. We are also taking phone orders for items we have in stock, anything we do not have in stock will have to be worked out some other way so please, feel free to contact us. If you currently have a pending or back order with us, please give us a call so we can expedite your order as soon as possible. Just because we do not have a website does not mean we are not around, we are still in the office ready to answer phone calls, PM's, IM's, e-mails, etc. As of right now, the most convenient way to make a transaction with us would have to be through Paypal or purchasing from our EBay store. If anyone has any questions regarding this security breach, please contact myself or anyone in the Nismo department regarding any questions.

Again, we deeply apologize for this inconvenience and we hope to hear from all of our customers as we get through this unfortunate event.

Andy K.
andyk@perfnissan.com
626-739-1922
Please contact me regarding any info regarding the security breach, order updates, part inquiries, etc. If you are contacting me regarding order updates, please be patient and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Jason M.
jasonm@perfnissan.com
626-739-1921
Please contact Jason directly if you wish to make a Paypal transaction, part inquiries, technical questions, etc.

Nicole C.
nicolec@perfnissan.com
626-739-1960
Please contact Nicole in regards to any shipping questions, I.E; tracking numbers, shipping quotes, etc.

Tony N.
tonyn@perfnissan.com
626-739-1964
Please contact Tony for any part inquiries or technical questions.

Eddie T.
eddiet@perfnissan.com
626-739-1968
Please contact Eddie for any part inquiries or technical questions.

Old 04-14-2006, 02:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
also another thread on this as well guys/gal

Old 04-14-2006, 07:57 PM
I just rec'd a letter today. Luckily I don't have any auto-bill pay on that cc and nothing fraudulent was charged, but I'm going to cancel it anyway and get a new card. It's really disappointing to see online vendors not investing in adequate security and infrastructure. We as consumers are basically under the assumption that they have done their due diligence to ensure that their sites are safe and secure. WHOOPS!

Old 04-17-2006, 11:58 AM
I got the letter too, Called and cancelled my card.

Old 04-17-2006, 06:19 PM
All I got to say is boycott that site. Never will I buy from them again.

Old 04-17-2006, 08:20 PM
got a letter as well.

i only made one purchase from them back in dec. 2004 and i cant believe they kept my CC on file. isnt there some law against that???

def wont be buying anything from them again.

Old 04-17-2006, 08:51 PM
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by ][ron|2icE
All I got to say is boycott that site. Never will I buy from them again.
are you retarded? why would you boycott a site that has done nothing but good for the g owners on this site. it is not their fault that some jackass hacked their site. you go ahead and go to your local dealer and pay full markup, but as for me, a company that provides great prices and good service deserves my future business. not only did they mail me a letter, they called to make sure my mrev arrived and i was the legitimate card holder. you can't ask more from a business, but to take care of their side of an unfortunate situation.

Old 04-17-2006, 08:54 PM
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by JaTe
got a letter as well.

i only made one purchase from them back in dec. 2004 and i cant believe they kept my CC on file. isnt there some law against that???

def wont be buying anything from them again.
you seriously think every company you have ever dealt with in the last ten years erased your cc # from their database. you are very naive.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Performance Nissan not working for anyone else?