Some moron hit my PARKED car!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 05:45 PM
An Army of One...
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry Some moron hit my PARKED car!

Man, this is some ****.
I got home at 10am today (I gave myself the day off ) Park (there is a large moving truck parked pependicular to my parking spot on the other side of the road, but there is enough room for cars to get by)
So at around 130pm, my neighbor from across the street knocks on my door and says "Did you know theres a dent in your car?" Apparently her movers told her. I say NO!
Go outside and see this:

Ugly dent, with scrapes and BROWN paint! Thinking of the paint, I remember that a UPS delivery came this afternoon, left the package and was gone before I could answer the door. So I call the main office and explain that MAYBE the delivery truck hit my car and may not have known it. She takes my info and says that she will relay it to the home station (Savannah) of the delivery truck.
So I am pissed, but not worried because I have a ZERO deductable for comprehensive coverage. I then walk the one way "loop" though my Townhouse complex (of about 40 units). No brown cars!!
I then call the police, they come out and investigate. They suspect it is the moving truck that did the damage. The rusty hub bolts on the front wheels are about the same height as the dent. After about 20 minutes of looking the truck and my car over, he concludes that it was NOT responsible for the damage! I tell him about the UPS truck and he says "Its not like a UPS driver to hit and run, they are good with reporting stuff becuase they have too much to lose if they get caught" So he fills out the report and says it is open and he will be looking around. Pretty much case closed.
After he leaves I call my insurance company and make an appointment to get the damage appraised on Monday.
I then get a call from the Savannah UPS hub infoming me that they will be sending the driver out to my house for me to look at the truck with him to see if he did it. I didnt think it would be helpful, since I was sure if he did do it, he had cleaned the truck up by now.
About 30 minutes later the UPS truck pulls up, I am outside with the neighbor talking, and SCCRRAAAPPEE!! He swipes my next door neighbors car! He pulls up between the moving truck and my car (and stops becuase he can not safey make it through) and gets out. I ask him if he knew he just hit my neighbors car and he said no! We go look at it and , yup, he hit it.
Here is a pic of that:

I then call the same officer to come out because I have the UPS truck here AND he just hit my neighbors car. The cop shows up about 20 minutes later and inspects the truck and the cars.
Some pics:

This one you see the moving truck

Thinking he caught me with the rear end leaving making the right turn around the loop.

Hinesville's finest!

Issuing the tickets!

He states, yup, the markings on the other car are consistent with the damage to the G35! They were at the same height and everything. The UPS truck was all dented up everywhere, so it was hard to tell (he had hit alot of other things) So he charged the UPS dude with two accidents. He was lucky not to get one hit and run. The driver kept saying "Im gonna get fired!" Oh well, lifes a biaaatch!

Just a cool pic I took...

Well, monday.. estimate then pick a bodyshop...crappy start to a weekend!
Oh, should I take it to a boddyshop, or the Nissan dealer (my infiniti dealer doesnt have a bodyshop!)

Last edited by Real_G; 04-28-2006 at 05:52 PM.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder what everyone thought of you taking all those pics.

Old 04-28-2006, 06:13 PM
Glad you cought the guy!

Old 04-28-2006, 06:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
April is seriously the official bad luck month for G35's

Old 04-28-2006, 07:01 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seriously....

Old 04-28-2006, 07:14 PM
Sounds like this is one of those experiences where you fell all warm and fuzzy inside at the end of it instead of bitter and sour...then agian it could be the beer...

Glad you cought the guy, I had my run in with a few hit and runs myself and it just pisses you off everytime...

Old 04-28-2006, 07:28 PM
damn, that was some CSI sh*t

Old 04-28-2006, 08:25 PM
Someone Just Hit My Parked Car Too!!!!!! Arggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not Too Bad Though!!

Old 04-28-2006, 08:36 PM
An Army of One...
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Update.. the UPS Regional Manager and Savannah Hub manager just came out doing their "investigation" apparently they are going to try to fight it on both cases. BS man, I discussed the case with them and they said their insurance company would be contacting me to conduct their own investigation. I told them that the accident investigation team from the PD came out and they said the UPS truck did it.. so I really dont care what they are trying to do! I pick up my copy of the police report on Monday....

Now I gotta drive the wifes Montero till I get the G fixed! Cant drive the IP like that!

Old 04-28-2006, 08:56 PM
Wow...Hope everything works out...pretty ironic that the same UPS guy came back and hit your neighbor's car.

I wonder if the UPS "Brown" has a paint code...and if the shop you take it to could match it...based on the scrape. If somehow they could...then I don't see how UPS could possibly fight it

Old 04-28-2006, 08:57 PM
Sorry to hear about the bad luck. Man that looks like a lousy place to park. Hope it doesn't happen again.

Old 04-28-2006, 09:06 PM
I used to work for UPS, back in the day, and they sure do have a paint code. They are very proud of the Brown. It should be really easy to tell if the paint is UPS Brown. I would be surprised if they fought you over this. The cop is right. UPS is very good about reporting accidents. Too much bad publicity otherwise. If the driver is worried about being fired, he should be. Hit and run is very serious. Obviously the guy can't drive. He has no business being a UPS driver. Good luck!!!

Old 04-29-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by gspothawaii
damn, that was some CSI sh*t
Haha...I was gonna say the same thing !

Old 04-29-2006, 04:52 PM
WRAH
Just watch out if he does get fired.

Old 04-29-2006, 05:18 PM
i think u handled that very well.. sounds like u didn't get rude or obnoxious and just handled ur business.

good for u.

sorry bout the G

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Some moron hit my PARKED car!