The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Losing the 'G love'? Or just a faze? - HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 03:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Losing the 'G love'? Or just a faze? - HELP

So here's the deal. I've had my G for almost 2 years now. The past year has been fun with the modding and stuff, but it seems like the car is just not as fun as it use to be. I've been contemplating going FI for awhile now, thinking it's the lack of power compared to some of the other cars out on the road these days. And like alot of you know, it's not cheap! Yeah I could just throw a Vortech on there, but is it worth it? Does it make that much of a difference? Those are some of my questions. I'm having a hard time talking myself out of either doing a simple FI job, doing a complete engine build with my G, or just getting rid of her and going with something that has the power. i.e. Corvette, M3, GTO, Charger SRT 8, etc. As you can see, I haven't narrowed any choices down, but I'm losing that 'G love'. Have I really lost the 'G love' or is it just a faze? Any advise out there? Has anyone else gone into this "I need more power, or I'm gonna lose the G" faze? Sorry for the venting, but it seems like I'm looking every where else, and thought I'd throw my thoughts out here.

I have tendincies to be an impulsive buyer, and I would hate to make a move and then regret it.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Old 05-11-2006, 03:37 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
No wonder you haven't been on the board or the meets all that much lately. Bro you got a sweet G. Your G is what helped me make my decision to get HKS. When I saw how sweet that **** looked at the Anaheim meet, I ordered it the next day. Hopefully it is just a faze and you get that G love back. I've had my G for almost a year now and I still can't enough of it. I love driving that car!

Old 05-11-2006, 03:40 PM
Just a faze Jon !!! There was a time where i didnt like the G... but when you start going to meets and seeing what you can do, it changes your mind... you just been too busy with work to enjoy the car and the meets. Wait for Jay to get his Vortech and then you can see if its worth it. Your not gonna find a car that is as sexy as the G... faster yes but not as sexy

Old 05-11-2006, 03:44 PM
Ask yourself, are you still in love with your G's look? If you still love the style then adding FI will give you that extra fun that is missing. If the passion is gone then just move on to the next one.

I say add a good body kit or full front/rear bumper + FI and it will change everything. Heck if I didn't add wheels/bodykit on my g, I would've been bored in 6 months. You need to stand out coz there's so many G out there.

try to do the math if you trade in your car plus another taxes when you purchase a new car, plus when you buy another car you'll probably start over again and start modding it. With all the money that you will be loosing, you can give yourself a bodyKit, and probably some more for FI. Just a thought.

Last edited by FI'ed G; 05-11-2006 at 03:48 PM.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:48 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If a bone stock G isnt fast enough for you for everyday use then you must drive very agressively. I cant see a real need for much more power. You may want more power but if thats the case you might always want more power no matter what you drive.

Humans generally never feel satisfied for more than about 2 minutes. You have to make an effort to suppress those hardwired feelings.

I live in Iowa. The low density traffic means I almost always can drive at or above the speed limit, even in the largest city of Des Moines. (Rush hour slows down but never stops). I can drive a few miles and have a long paved winding road with hills and twists all to myself and really open her up.. and you know what... the G is plenty fast and plenty fun.

Somtimes its good to stop, step back and take a look at your life and ask yourself what is important. I feel lucky to have a nice car like this. I understand when people with money want to change cars and enjoy themselves.. thats great, but never let this luxurious existance stress you out.

Old 05-11-2006, 03:50 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Save up and wait for the next Gen M3 or the Skyline Gt-R.

Old 05-11-2006, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by MikeyMike
Save up and wait for the next Gen M3 or the Skyline Gt-R.

That is great if money is not a problem.

Trending Topics

Old 05-11-2006, 03:54 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AthenG
That is great if money is not a problem.

Well, if the guy wants to do FI and possibly build the motor that ain't cheap.

Instead of going FI and investing anywhere between $7k to $20k on that...he could save that dough and trade in his G on his next car.

Old 05-11-2006, 04:04 PM
THE BATMOBILE
its turbo time

Old 05-11-2006, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by MikeyMike
Well, if the guy wants to do FI and possibly build the motor that ain't cheap.

Instead of going FI and investing anywhere between $7k to $20k on that...he could save that dough and trade in his G on his next car.
he will get about 24K trade in (from Edmunds.com). M3 is at least 65k with taxes and fees 65k - 24k= 41K... granted he'll be driving a new car plus it's an M3 and add more money for Mods at least $5K+ for his new car, that is about $46K added cost for him. So for $46K+ poured in his G35, he will have a car that will stand out no matter were he go and will have more fun than an M3. Ok Skyline is another story and we don't know how much it will be selling for.

He can just slap in a Vortech with stock boost or just below 400whp and he'll be good and that can hit M3 territory for less than $7K.JMHO

Last edited by FI'ed G; 05-11-2006 at 04:25 PM.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:24 PM
I fall in and out of love with my G at least 3 times a week! LOL No Lie!

Sometimes a crazy 720 or 1080 in a parking lot with the radio turned up reallllly loud will make you like your car again. That helps me when i think my car is slow and boring!

Old 05-11-2006, 05:19 PM
O man...

I had my first dip in G35 love strength last week. Now you guys have got me thinking about getting an M3 again.

Old 05-11-2006, 05:27 PM
You hit the nail on the head...

Originally Posted by Konsole
If a bone stock G isnt fast enough for you for everyday use then you must drive very agressively. I cant see a real need for much more power. You may want more power but if thats the case you might always want more power no matter what you drive.

Humans generally never feel satisfied for more than about 2 minutes. You have to make an effort to suppress those hardwired feelings.

I live in Iowa. The low density traffic means I almost always can drive at or above the speed limit, even in the largest city of Des Moines. (Rush hour slows down but never stops). I can drive a few miles and have a long paved winding road with hills and twists all to myself and really open her up.. and you know what... the G is plenty fast and plenty fun.

Somtimes its good to stop, step back and take a look at your life and ask yourself what is important. I feel lucky to have a nice car like this. I understand when people with money want to change cars and enjoy themselves.. thats great, but never let this luxurious existance stress you out.

You are sooooooooo right. I have to force myself to wait 24 hrs sometimes after I make a decision to buy something. It gives me a chance to make sure I really want something.

Old 05-11-2006, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by truplay8
its turbo time
i luv it how truplay's comments r always nice and straight to the point... but yeah, turbo ur car

Old 05-11-2006, 05:49 PM
Be happy with what you have, just drive it.....and get married......you have way too much time and money on your hands.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Losing the 'G love'? Or just a faze? - HELP