Custom Sub Enclosure for Coupe... interested??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2004 | 09:00 PM
Re: Custom Sub Enclosure for Coupe... interested??

As a follow up to my earlier joke of a post, I have seen the enclosure first hand and it is definitely top notch. I even went so far as to touch the enclosure and it feels nice. If I did not intend to build my own I would definitely opt for this over the 4080. You guys will see it at the next meet, it's worth it.

2004.5 Black on Black 6MT, Aero, Premium, Navi

"It's a celebration bitches" - Rick James

Old 11-01-2004 | 09:24 PM
|
G SQUAD

Xlac... you must be psychic or something... Me and Mr. Glass Pro (Wizawuza) thought of the same idea... MDF ring, thin cotton cloth over the board, then mo' hairs of my arm, I mean Fiberglass layers. The hot glue would just be a sealer for the ring as I'd be using the Fiberglass/Resin for strength...
I've finally finished my final layers!!!! All I got to do is the ring, Fiberglass the front, and carpet...

Bigmp: Sorry... I molded it to my Coupe, so it won't fit the stretched G... [img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Cram: No biggie... I didn't take any offense to it... [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Evan: Thanks for the complements btw... and yes, the quality is top notch!! [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img] If you need help with your box, let me know... I only request a beer for every hour I'm on the job... and if you have some hot female friends, invite them over as cheerleader while we inhale fumes and get high of it...!! lol
p.s. --> We gotta do this cruise thing every weekend while the weather is still good... lol [img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img] (Damn VDC!)

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by Babiephat on 11/01/04 06:38 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 11-01-2004 | 11:14 PM

Sorry I haven't posted in here at all, but due to my lack of being a true G-Squad member (I PROMISE to try to make it out nov 14th, but I may have a committment that I cannot break), I didn't want to seem like I was trying to sell something.

But Bigmp, personally, I LOVE doing this stuff, so I honestly wouldn't even mind making a mold out of your sedan, and if jason wants to get more fiberglass on his arm hair (c'mon, you're chinese, you don't have nearly as much as me to begin with!), I'd like him to help me. If not, understandable. Especially after we froze our asses off tonight working on it.

Of course I'd have to use your car as a mold, since I kinda don't have my own sedan. If you want to talk details like that, PM me or Babiephat, don't want to take away from the current thread.

Take it easy guys.

---
2004 TB/W 6mtC. Sunroof only.
Bel Vector 985
Grounding Kit
Splash Guards
Custom Carputer
Custom FG Sub
Infinity KapPerf6.1, Ref 6002si, 5760 6-ch AMP.
30% Huper

Old 11-02-2004 | 12:19 AM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver

J man that's messed up, your goin cruisin without me?!?!? HAHA hit me up one weekend, me and Drew are alwasy down for a little race =) Trash in my car? I dont have one spec of dust in my car, only added weight is an impoirt tuner with a TT g35 in it haha!

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
0-60 5.4 - 1/4 Mile 14.16 *GTech* and on 19's!!

Old 11-02-2004 | 12:28 PM

Jason - The weekly cuises are a definite but this weekend I'm off to NH where the roads are PERFECT for cruising (banked turns, long stretches, and cops who only use radar). Also, the New Hampshire maximum speeding fine is $87.

PS- VDC my ***, any thoughts of modding my car just went out the window )

2004.5 Black on Black 6MT, Aero, Premium, Navi

"It's a celebration bitches" - Rick James

Old 11-02-2004 | 03:01 PM
G SQUAD

LOL....wow I love how things work out....LMAO

Old 11-02-2004 | 03:56 PM
|
G SQUAD

Vance... what are you doing next week??? LOL Wanna help with my Amp install?? [img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img] Nothing like these DIY's...

My box should be done by then... The Amp kit (4 & 8 gauge wiring) is coming tomorrow, the carpet the following day, and I'm guessing/hoping the front will be done by this week... [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-02-2004 | 04:54 PM
G SQUAD

J,

You mean this coming weekend?
I am down for that, there would only be one thing stopping me...but if I dont have that than I can make it.

And I didnt mean to doubt your skills Jason...I know you are an engineer...So engineer it.....LOL

Old 11-02-2004 | 05:07 PM
|
G SQUAD

V,

I'll PM ya on details... [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img] Should take no more than 2-3 hours (hoping).... I'm not sure if I'll be done with the box quite yet by this weekend, but heck... if so, then I'll give you a ring...

Hey.... I helped my Professor (***. Dean of Engineering) research on Photonics devices (manipulation of light waves)... so how hard can measuring simple sound waves be?? lol [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Actually, that's going a little extreme and would take waaay too much time to calculate, measure, analyze... much easier to use my acoustically tuned ears to fine tune the sound with the JL Amp... That's why I'm paying the peanuts to JL for, so that they do the engineering so I don't have to... lol

Old 11-03-2004 | 08:27 PM
|
G SQUAD

BUMP (like how Angel keeps bumping his thread... lol)

It's hard to work on this damn custom box in the COLD!!! Hey, at least I have a tentative deadline... Nov. 14th so I can have some tunes down for my drive down!!

Old 11-03-2004 | 11:42 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver

I need a damm iPODDDDDDDD, can someone hook me up with one, liek get a hookup on a used one or maybe you know someone? Funds are low right now, i bought too much Shi t t t and i dont have liek 300 right now!

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
0-60 5.4 - 1/4 Mile 14.16 *GTech* and on 19's!!

Old 11-04-2004 | 09:25 AM
|
G SQUAD

Marty... this is the wrong Post Whoring Thread... lol

Let's keep this thread to the topic so this doesn't turn out to be another 300 post thread... [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img] lol

-J

Old 11-11-2004 | 11:35 PM
|
G SQUAD

It's FINALLY DONE!!!!! OMG, I LOVE THE JL's!!!

[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] <== "Ear to Ear Grin"

I think I'm going to stay away from the fumes and fiberglass for awhile. It was the missing link for the sound system in my car.. Here are some pix. Didn't take much cause it was so damn cold outside!!

384662-1.JPG

Old 11-11-2004 | 11:36 PM
|
G SQUAD

384663-2.JPG

Old 11-12-2004 | 12:44 AM
G SQUAD

Wow, nice work Jason!! Damn, I thought you were building it for the floor, that's why I didn't want in! Oh well.. too late now. Good job though man, can't wait to check it out at the meet! [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

John

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Custom Sub Enclosure for Coupe... interested??