Custom Sub Enclosure for Coupe... interested??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2004 | 09:34 AM
G SQUAD
Re: Custom Sub Enclosure for Coupe... interested??

Hey Jason how does the box sound? Are you getting a lot of bass or what?

-Vin

Old 11-12-2004 | 09:51 AM
|
G SQUAD

Thanks for the compliments John... If you build it for the floor, you gotta relocate the BOSE amp/XM Satellite Receiver somewhere else. This was the semi-easiest way.

Vin: It sounds GREAT!!! My 10min drive to work was much more enjoyable this morning... nothing like BUMPIN' some HipHop or House in the morning to wake yo' **** up! The box sounds great, and I'm really impressed with the sound and the Fiberglass enclosure. Make me wanna listen to all of my CD's all over again... [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

The bass can be overwhelming (IMO) IF you turn up the bass on the Amp. I don't have mine set TOO high... & my HU settings for the bass is at -2 (don't want bass from el cheapo Blose speakers), and I'm getting nice TIGHT bass with my crossover hovering ~85Hz...

Just FYI for those who would want to build their own... this took me close to 50hours spanning ~3weeks in THE COLD!! If any of you wanna embark on the adventure of fumes/fiberglass, I can give you some pointers to ease the job a bit... or if some of you want one built, I can make one for ya, but I can't guarantee a quick turnaround as I'd be working on it only during my free time from now on (NOT much free time to begin with...lol)

You guys can check it out at the meet... [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img] I'll crank up the bass rolling in.... lol

Old 11-12-2004 | 09:59 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Staff Alumni

Jas

Lookin good dude. So now we can hear u comin when u hit the citi line on the hutch =)

Yeah Sunday would be a good day to put it through it's paces.

Old 11-12-2004 | 10:31 AM
G (enie) FUNK ERA

Looking awesome man! [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Now whenever we cruise, I can just follow your vibrations....LOL don't need the NAV anymore....LOL

MY G-ENIE

Old 11-12-2004 | 06:57 PM
G SQUAD

Phat with all due respect your a bastard you know lol . Now you got me thinking about this box and new JL equipment. I mean a 250/1 and a 10 inch w3v2 couldn't possibly pull that much power right? And I mean even though I was totally cool with getting a basslink, I love JL Audio. I mean would it really be fair to me and my coupe not to get the JL Audio stuff. I mean 3 of my older systems have been JL . So great now I m thinking about music as if wheels weren't bad enough. I m gonna get cursed out by a lot of people as I convinced them and myself that I was keeping this car totally stock and wasn't gonna do nothing to it. Good thing I didn't make any bets with people as I'd probably be in debt.

-Vin

Old 11-13-2004 | 12:17 AM
|
G SQUAD

Vin... I told myself that I'd keep my car stock as well!!! [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img] I'm sure a LOT of us started that way, but the curves of the G just yell... make me look even nicer/better!! lol

Had JL 10" in my accord....loved it! Regular MDF Sealed box. Having a custom sealed enclosure JL's in your G... [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] I know there are some more expensive, higher power, greater/better sub/amps... but my personal preference is I like the sound of JL's... My plan is to Dynamat the car, so basically the sound will stay "inside" and not for pissing off my neighbors... lol

My advise: FEED THE ADDICTION!! LOL

You can sit inside and check it out Sunday... [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] Might help you make a decision?? lol

- Bastard [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-15-2004 | 11:10 AM
|
G SQUAD

For those of you interested in a box being built for them after hearing it @ Sunday's meet... please PM me!! [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] I don't think I'll do any of them during the winter (but I could be wrong), but once it warms up a bit, I'll chug out a few for those that want one. I'd prefer to build/sell them for G.Squad members only. (No offense to those that I don't know, but I simply don't wanna invest my time for people I don't know as my free time is VERY limited, and I'm not looking to make a living out of this... just looking to help out fellow G.Squad). [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

However,I'd still be more than happy in assisting/giving out tips/pointers to those anyone that wants to embark on their own adventure of building their own. PM me with questions if you need pointers.

I got approached by several of you on Sunday, but I don't remember all of your screennames/real names. So please PM me with contact info and I'll let ya know when I can have one done for you.

Peace
~J

Old 11-15-2004 | 11:15 AM
|
G SQUAD

Can't F**n'ing edit my post...

btw,... I'm not doing this on my own... I will have Wizawuza helping out in doing this... so you have TWO "Engineers" doing a custom box for ya!! So you know we'll get down to the details!! I'm thinking ~$250... depending on time needed to finish it.

Old 11-15-2004 | 11:24 AM
G SQUAD

Jason ....you shouted a price out before you know your cost....lol....U know peeps are gonna say hey what happened to $250??...LOL

NAH man but the box sounded nice...Great addition and well worth it ....I do systems and Jason's box came out excellent and sounds great too....

On a side note....We wouldn't have to get Jason full of fiberglass resin and my posting 900 pics of how to DIY in the DIY section about the damn stereo....

IF INFINITI WOULD CALL PIONEER AND HAVE THEM DO THEIR DAMN SYSTEMS.....LIKE LEXUS DOES!!!!!!!

CAUSE I dont know WTF Bose was thinkin about ....
or maybe it was the designers of the coupe.....but someone needs to get that "knuckle-head" slap to the back of the head when he faces the damn tweeters into the DASH....Dumbass!!