Just installed my Injen SES exhaust, but now i have bad rattling....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 05:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just installed my Injen SES exhaust, but now i have bad rattling....

Hey everyone, the site is back up and lookin awsome i must say fist, but now the question. ive searched many forums and found many ways to try to fix my issue but we played with the pipes a whole lot and i dont think without the addition of new hangers i can get this exhaust to stop vibrating.... For all of you that have had the injen exhaust how did you go about fixing the rattling issue??? Ive seen that you need to get another L bracket and put it on the side that doesnt have it..... As of right now i think all my fitment issues are on the drivers side, passanger side pipe seems fine, i dont think it is vibrating. All of the vibrating started after it was off the lift so i havent physically seen where it is hitting but at low speeds, slowing down, and at a stop my exhaust rattles like a B*tch becuase its hitting that brace in the rear. Im bringing it in early this morning to try to fix it but im gonna check this post before i go and during our attempt to fix it..... My L bracket now is currently on the passenger side and the exhaust fits fine on that side, i have part numbers for an additional L bracket that when used on the other side suposidly fixes the issue, but than maybe i need spacerS??? if anyone has had this problem, please let me know exactly how you fixed it, im so pleased with the exhaust i just need this thing to stop rattling, thanks so much, feel free to post here or PM me with what you did, im open to all suggestions, thanks a bunch!!!! Later - chuck

Old 12-03-2004, 03:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fixed it today, martin (IllG35) was with me the whole day too, he had his car in infiniti fixing some stuff up and my shop is right there.... I wound up putting the spacers in on each side of the cross member, heated up and bent the pipe near the cat so it didnt touch the bottom of the car, flipped the bracket around on the left to pull the exhaust up more, and than heated up and bent the bar the rubber sits on to help it clear the differential, easy to do, but shouldnt be necc. on an expensive exhaust.

Now I have the fiberglass problem all over my bumper already, hmmmmmm INJEN needs to get yelled at....

Old 12-04-2004, 03:20 AM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chuckd05
Fixed it today, martin (IllG35) was with me the whole day too, he had his car in infiniti fixing some stuff up and my shop is right there.... I wound up putting the spacers in on each side of the cross member, heated up and bent the pipe near the cat so it didnt touch the bottom of the car, flipped the bracket around on the left to pull the exhaust up more, and than heated up and bent the bar the rubber sits on to help it clear the differential, easy to do, but shouldnt be necc. on an expensive exhaust.

Now I have the fiberglass problem all over my bumper already, hmmmmmm INJEN needs to get yelled at....
HAHA Chuck, damm fiberglass on it already?!?1 You saw my exhaust, its black as hell, i gave up on it! Anyway it was cool chillin with ya today/tonight, last night or w/e haha, i'll hit you up tomorrow!! Your car is a damm BEAST and it is sexy, fast as hell, i loved that 1-2 shift where we almost went sideways without FI, haha....