G SQUAD Events

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 08:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G SQUAD Events

I read the membership info and it says you have to attend atleast 3 events. What about the people lives outside of the NYC area? It's pretty hard to get to these things because I'm really clueless about NY and drive 4 hours back and forth. Are there events outside of NY closer to VA? Thanks.

Old 12-30-2004, 09:40 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by mbq62
I read the membership info and it says you have to attend atleast 3 events. What about the people lives outside of the NYC area? It's pretty hard to get to these things because I'm really clueless about NY and drive 4 hours back and forth. Are there events outside of NY closer to VA? Thanks.
Feel free to organize meets down south. The NY G Squad has a 3 meet minimum.

Old 12-30-2004, 10:56 AM
Another thing I don't think we want to happen is for you to make it to the 3 meets, achieve membership, and then never show again, that's not really what the group is about. 4 Hours is alot of travel time and you'll need to consider that. The meets are in the NYC area because 90% of the members live within 20 miles of the city, myself being one of the farthest outlyers. To have 40+ cars go all the way to VA would be just slightly out of the way, although you do sound like a very nice guy!

Old 12-31-2004, 03:47 PM
G SQUAD
To clear it up that is a valid point....and we are currently working on a system for people of other states to join G.Squad easier...
the three meet minimum is for the reason KOJ gave, which is right on point...
its for the factor of getting in and then losing support...however its not like we will hunt you down ...lol....but its just to separate those who are truly serious about being a part of it from those that would just like to come and hang out..(which is also fine) but membership comes with certain discounts and other things...so in light of fairness to all we just want all involved as members to show support whenever possible as a requirement of membership...because it wouldnt be fair to others who frequently show to events to get the same priviledges as those who show maybe twice and disappear....

but with the distance you have to drive we would consider other things to get membership status for you via the system we are working on...

If you havent already, please goto gsquad.org and put in an application and stay abreast of our commuications to all applicants and you will know of all upcoming events and changes that will be able to push you further towards becoming a G.Squad member....because we would like to have you in
plus it would put us on the map in VA!!!...which is also Great..

Old 12-31-2004, 08:00 PM
G SQUAD
Vance said ABreast!!!

Old 12-31-2004, 09:31 PM
Is There Anyway That If You Don,t Live In Newyork That We Could Start A G Squad Branch Aways Recognizing The Newyork G Squad As The Head Squad
And All Other G Squads As Under Squads?

Old 01-01-2005, 10:14 AM
I think this has more potential than any of us realize...

Old 01-01-2005, 03:05 PM
G SQUAD
Originally Posted by josahn
Is There Anyway That If You Don,t Live In Newyork That We Could Start A G Squad Branch Aways Recognizing The Newyork G Squad As The Head Squad
And All Other G Squads As Under Squads?
for a quick answer yes BUT!!!!
lol...theres always a but right...lol

but seriously....we have members in CT and PA and soon to be NJ as well also Z.Squad (<---that is looking for more members actually)
So we currently have different branches of G.Squad ...We have tried to repeat it that you DO NOT HAVE TO BE FROM NY to join but I can see with the logo and everything how those that dont know can be confused by that...and can easily assume thats the case , as I might do the same thing as well if I didnt know...

But we have members outside NY already...(KingofJericho is one of them)
Starting a branch however would mean running in representing G.Squad so it would adhere to the system and processes we have in place and the person running it would be in frequent communication with the G.Squad committee members...just so it all runs smoothly and in the SAME vein and Idea of G.Squad..

Its a lot of work and the pay sucks..LMAO...(well there is no pay..LOL, no payment in money at least)...so whoever would take on running a branch would get the backing of the foundation of G.Squad and would be expected to raise numbers of members, use our promotional tools, use the same logo, organize events and meets properly, get sponsers in that area and communicate with the people here in NY for assistance or whatever...so its a big thing and time consuming....but the good thing is that the foundation is there already and even though its a branch of G.Squad, its all one family so the numbers as a whole would grow...

Its just a matter of knowing what you're getting into by starting a branch...and how much time do you have to put into it....not that you'd be on a quota or anything but I've seen members in G.Squad try and organize an event or small meet and then be like "WHOA man!, I didnt know it was gonna be this much work"...so it either flopped or we had to step in and make it happen for them...and thats just a meet ,imagin starting a branch...lol but anyways
There is an organized process we have for all of it though...so the help is there and after 13 events in 2004 (spring-fall) we've learned a lot about what to do and what not to do...
so it is possible...and we actually have someone in PA now in the process of starting a branch there under these guidelines...

Last edited by NYCG35; 01-01-2005 at 03:10 PM.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the replies. I will fill out an application today. Hopefully something becomes available closer to where I live. Thanks again.

Old 01-03-2005, 07:40 PM
G SQUAD
Thanks for the replies. I will fill out an application today. Hopefully something becomes available closer to where I live. Thanks again.
Cool man,,,when we get it we will update you via email about processing your app from your state as things develop....thanks for you interest and inquiry though.....and stay in touch!!