Who is interested in an Infinity Basslink ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 06:32 PM
GSQUAD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who is interested in an Infinity Basslink ??

I tried to work something out for the G. Squad but its the lowest on the internet from a reputable dealer. The price is $238.35 shipped to your door, call it in and ask for Shawn, mention me so they dont charge you the $2.95 handling charge.

for the people that don't know about this subwoofer it is a powered 10" subwoofer. I've had this exact subwoofer in many of my cars and loved the sound. It generates 200w rms power which is perfect compliment to our standard Bose system.

I think its a good time to buy because now that the new Infinity Basslink II is around the corner, Infinity is not producing this model anymore making difficult to get later. The new Basslink has 250w rMs but the size is slightly bigger according to the specs from Crutchfield and they also want a lot more $$$ for hopefully same sound.

Ive already measure the original Basslink and it fits perfect without the legs in the drivers side trunk corner. This placement is perfect because the amplifier is facing away from the trunk wall and it just looks better. The subwoofer will be held in place with simple over the counter Velcro you can buy at Home depot.

Ive been wanting to do this mod for quite a while and was hoping and waiting for a decrease in price which was possible before. Right now this is the cheapest I can find so if you can find it anywhere else cheaper I would pick one up.

Ill keep you inform

Lou

Old 05-17-2005, 07:42 PM
G SQUAD
AND just so everyone knows....one of our members CRAM_ I_ AM has this in his coupe...so yeah it fits fine...

sounds cool too I heard his....there are pics of it ...on GSquad.org if you look in the May 22 meet i believe not sure though....Or maybe the Nov Atlantic Infiniti meet Car wash Part 1.

there are like a BILLION pics....but if you look you will find it...

LOU is like the G-Squad salesman...LOL

if it aint something off his ride its something else...lol

Good lookin out for the Squad man!

Old 05-18-2005, 02:04 AM
GSQUAD
Thanks Vance !!

sorry I didnt run it by your guys first but I just get too excited

also I know that other members were interested in this mod when Paul was gonna get a bunch for us via group buy.

I have been tracking the prices for the bassllink and they use to sell them for $175 plus shipping $25 from ebay. Guess what ?? those deals are not around anymore and they came out with a new version that is listed at $399. In my opinion the old version has proven itself and has been around for a while, the new one has a whopping 50 watts RMS more and they want $200 more.

beauty of this piece is all you need is a power 8 gauge wire and a 8 gauge ground wire. The rest is supplied and it gets its signal by tapping into the rear speakers which also turns the unit on when senses music avoiding a remote wire from the radio. Its a breeze to install and added to our 225 watt stock Bose system it will make it a whopping 425 watt clean bass system.

Its a no brainer if you ask me.

Remember if you call ask for Shawn and tell him Lou who bought the basslink and then you wont get charged the $2.95 handling charge, I think I could of gotten a better deal for us but I didnt know how many people are interested and alse he told me he is barely making anything on it.

here is the link
http://www.techronics.com/index.cfm?...product_id=807

Lou

Last edited by louG35; 05-18-2005 at 02:11 AM.
Old 05-24-2005, 02:26 PM
Vance is part right...I HAD one in my car until November or so. (I got Drewer's box and an Elemental Designs Sub and amp...whew!)

Basslink does a good job of respectable bass fill, but if you want to bang, it just ain't gonna get you there. It definitetly improves over stock!

My used one is available...pm me.

Old 05-24-2005, 06:00 PM
G SQUAD
well there u have it from a previous Basslink owner..

Old 05-25-2005, 11:43 AM
GSQUAD
I installed it last night, took me about hour and a half. The install came out perfect and the sound is night and day to stock. It compliments the system absolutely perfect. Im in the tunning stage which is the toughest part for me but I can tell you it sounds great already. Furthermore I will be installing some dynamat on my trunk lid to prevent any rattles and now I have to do something with my license plate because thats rattling like crazy. Overall I cannot imagine more bass with the stock system than what the Basslink offers, I have the levels on the radio to zero and still rocks.

Ill post pics of the power wire and the complete install later today.

Does anybody have a helm book of the G35 ???? Im looking for the input signal wire from the headunit to the Bose. The basslink sounds great but IM using the signal after the amp which was designed for the rear 6x9. I would like to try to tap into the input and hear what that sounds like.

I recommend it.

total cost was $200+ for sub and $35 for Monster 200W amplifier kit and the car sounds amazing. For example last night while I was tuning my car the bass was so loud it set off an alarm which my car never did before, and the car was in front of my car

Lou

Last edited by louG35; 05-25-2005 at 11:45 AM.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:00 PM
Lou - buy a sheet of rubberized cork at like home depot or sumtin and trace your license plate over it (obviously take the plate off first). Now cut it a lil smaller and use some 3m tape or sumtin to adhere to back of plate in a few spots. Or you can pick up some rubber washers to use where the screws attache and buy a few more or some rubber "feet" to stack near the bottom of the plate just above where the rear bumper tucks in. should stop all vibration noise.

Trending Topics

Old 05-25-2005, 05:00 PM
GSQUAD
Ok I just finishing tuning it and I must say it sounds really nice with the stock system. I have all the settings to about half way and it still pumps enought to have my ears hurting. Maybe its that Im getting old but this is certainly enough bass that I would like to hear day in and day out, anything more is excessive.

with the settings at half way I dont hear that many rattles, except the stupid rear view mirror Im replacing Saturday.

overall its perfect for the G. as I anticapated and it didnt put a hole in my pocket like some of my previous systems. Its not as loud as those but to compliment the stock highs even the basslink is too much.

Im gonna pic up some door edge trim in black and run it around my plate frame which has worked before. The dynamat is still necessary just to make the bass a little cleaner. I still think I might try to tap into the line in before the stock bose amplifier since I really dont know how good it is reproducing the signal.

need the helm book with the wire diagram, anybody has one for the G.

most people dont even know what the helm book is

Old 05-25-2005, 05:48 PM
G SQUAD
Lou maybe you wanna pop a pic up for those that dont know...or too lazy to search for it..

just a suggestion (tryin to help)

Old 05-25-2005, 06:41 PM
GSQUAD
fawk they dont make a helm book for Infiniti there goes that idea .....guess its gonna stay as is...LOL

these pics I took last night while I was still working on it. I like this spot for the gain remote but still not sure

the wires have been cleaned up and put in a black plastic coil to match the trunk. It's not placed in the corner all the way because the sound was being muffled too much.

Last edited by louG35; 05-25-2005 at 07:08 PM.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:04 PM
G SQUAD
Yo Lou... Here's the diagram I had when I did my system.

DEFINTELY tap BEFORE the BOSE Amp!! If you're going aftermarket for a better sound, then you should reap the benefits of the Infinity Basslink (uncluttered by the BOSE Amp... whatever it does). Shouldn't even be an afterthought!

All the diagrams you'll need for complete haul-over of a system...

Attached Thumbnails Who is interested in an Infinity Basslink ??-av-audio-05.jpg   Who is interested in an Infinity Basslink ??-av-audio-06.jpg   Who is interested in an Infinity Basslink ??-av-audio-07.jpg   Who is interested in an Infinity Basslink ??-av-audio-08.jpg   Who is interested in an Infinity Basslink ??-av-audio-09.jpg  

Old 05-25-2005, 07:06 PM
G SQUAD
Yo... Lou... my man... What's up with these wires sticking outta everywhere trying to claw its way out into your trunk?? Clean that up buddy... LOL...

What happen to a stealth install...??

Attached Thumbnails Who is interested in an Infinity Basslink ??-114-1458_img.jpg  
Old 05-25-2005, 07:13 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jas

Nice, wouldn't expect anything less from an engine neer. Now you need to post directions for Lou on how to read all of that or give him the ones with more pictures. Lou knows pictures

Old 05-25-2005, 07:43 PM
G SQUAD
I don't know how much more simple it could be... it's just pictures with labels: Black, white, red, etc... I tried avoid using words and let the picture do the talking. LOL

Lo and behold... they match the same darn colors on the amp wires... hmm... how things work well together. Lou's a smart boy *cough*... he'll figure it out.

No seriously... if ya need help, I'll take a look. But Vance is much closer.... lol

AV-AUDIO-6 is the one you'll need...

J

Last edited by G35PhatS4; 05-25-2005 at 07:46 PM.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:41 PM
GSQUAD
got it !!

thanks Jay for the info , I dont know what voltage is running through the input wires but Ill try the high output connection first, if that fails Ill splice a RCA wire into the speaker inputs and check.

in no way is the sound quality bad right now but I know that getting signal input directly from the head unit is always gonna be cleaner than signal latter.

Ill check in later with results and of course better "finished project" pics.

Ill say it again the G. Squad has some of the brightest and coolest car fanatics around.

Lou

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who is interested in an Infinity Basslink ??