G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

07 G35x - story so far

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 12:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 G35x - story so far

I will not disclose dealer's name for the time being since they have been very polite and always provided a loaner.

Dealer Visit 1 - 10/2007
Complaint: TPMS light comes on while tire pressure is at 33psi.
Response: Customer is responsible for checking tire pressure. Reset TPMS.

Dealer Visit 2 - 2/2008
Complaint: TPMS light comes on while tire pressure is at 33psi.
Response: Set tire pressure to factory spec 35psi <my comment - factory specifies 33psi on the door sticker>. Customer is responsible for checking tire pressure. Reset TPMS.

Dealer Visit 3 - 8/2008
Complaint: TPMS light is always on.
Response: No fault codes. Reset TPMS.
Request: Oil change and tire rotate/balance.
Response: Oil changed, tires rotated and balanced. (my comment - Rear end vibration became noticeable after they rotated and balanced the tires)

Dealer Visit 4 - 2/2009
Complaint: TPMS light is always on.
Response: Reset TPMS.
Complaint: Rear end vibration. (see previous dealer visit)
Response: Vibration is caused by Rear differential. Replaced rear differential under warranty - rear end vibration fixed. (my comment - immediately noticed front end and steering wheel vibration)

Dealer Visit 5 - 6/2009
Complaint: TPMS warning light is ALWAYS on unless tire pressure is ABOVE 37psi causing uncomfortable and rough ride, please check TPMS and sensors.

Response: No fault codes stored. Reset TPMS. Set tire pressure to factory recommended 35psi (!!!!!). <my comment - WTF, factory recommended is 33psi its on the sticker! and it causes yellow warning light to come on>

Complaint: Front end vibration at over 65mph (see previous dealer visit)
Response: Confirmed frond end vibration, pulsating brake pedal. Front rotors out of round. Resurface front rotors (under warranty). Still brake pedal pulsation. Rear rotors out of round - resurface rear rotors (under warranty).
Response: Confirmed steering wheel vibration. Check rims for damage - rims OK. Balance all tires (charge client $85). <my comment - most likely they caused the tires to go out of balance during the previous visit)

Dealer Visit 6 - 6/2009
Complaint: TPMS warning light is ALWAYS on (NOW I AM REAL PISSED but speak with the mgr calmly) please check TPMS.

Response: Replace faulty TPMS sensor (under warranty)

All I can say is I really like my car but WWWTTTFFF!!!!!

Old 06-24-2009, 01:30 PM
I've had that same issue with TPMS a few times, but now it seems to be ok?

Under the Lemon Laws shouldn't they be required to replace those sensors? I doubt something like that qualifies for a new car - but at this point they should replace the sensors. All that vibration is disappointing, too bad they took so long to finally get it done.

Tell them to replace the sensors or you'll take advantage of Lemon - states that if after three times they can't fix a problem you're entitled to a new vehicle (in this case probably just new sensors)

good luck with it though!

Old 06-24-2009, 01:56 PM
MANY people have posted the same issue with those dang TPMS sensors...mine just stays on and will not go off unless I inflate my tires to over 37psi - btw not good if you live in Colorado and drive around in snow/ice at that psi...

I leave mine inflated to 33 psi

Also - please post back and let us know if replacing the sensors is a fix or not for you....

Old 06-24-2009, 03:24 PM
My TPMS problem is now fixed. TPMS warning light was caused by one bad sensor which they eventually replaced under warranty.
It is my opinion that most TPMS problems are caused by faulty sensors.

According to their Service manager the TPMS warning light should only come on when tire pressure falls below 29 psi.

The outrage is that two years and six visits later it took them 45 minutes to troubleshoot and replace the faulty sensor.

I also think they caused vibration problems by improperly balancing the tires and then charged me to re-balance them to correct the vibration issue.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:11 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by iggs
Complaint: Rear end vibration. (see previous dealer visit)
Response: Vibration is caused by Rear differential. Replaced rear differential under warranty - rear end vibration fixed. (my comment - immediately noticed front end and steering wheel vibration)
Sorry to hear it iggs...

Listen, about this "rear rend vibration"...can you elaborate more to this vibration?

Does it happen at a specific speed range?
Does it happen going straight, turning?

I have a vibration problem myself, I'm wondering what exactly you experienced so I can let them know.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:38 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
It only took 6 visits . That's terrible.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by johnnyzee
Sorry to hear it iggs...

Listen, about this "rear rend vibration"...can you elaborate more to this vibration?

Does it happen at a specific speed range?
Does it happen going straight, turning?

I have a vibration problem myself, I'm wondering what exactly you experienced so I can let them know.
This particular "rear end" vibration became obvious when going straight at speeds over 60 mph. It was felt through the seat and the floor, but not through the steering wheel. It did not affect handling very much and strangely became less noticeable at speeds over 80.
Dealer "fixed it" under warranty by replacing rear differential - BS in my opinion since It started right after they rotated and balanced the tires.
My theory is that this was a way for them to make a few extra bucks off of Nissan.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:50 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Interesting, good to know...thanks for the input

At least I know the rear diff COULD be an issue if this gets worse for me.