G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Anyone with a september order?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 04:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Anyone with a september order?

I liked Devan too...I had been working with Brian who was a nice guy. But Harte offered $500 off and money talks...
I'm the Devon section of Milford in the Walnut Beach area...I'm in the brick condos on the water...

Old 09-22-2003, 06:07 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guess what...
Brian is the one who is getting the commission on my car...
He is really great, and since they were the closest, I decided to go with them.

Old 10-04-2003, 12:02 AM

Here's the update on my Sept order:

Dealer called today and explained that order had been placed, and that the car should arrive in JANUARY!!! Ouch! Just in time to enjoy these beautiful Connecticut winters! What in the world was I thinking when I ordered this thing in September...!?

Old 10-04-2003, 08:05 AM

for those with long waits, if you ordered common packages, tell the dealer you'd be willing to take a car they ordered for the dealership or if someone else backed out.

04 6mtC

Old 10-04-2003, 04:31 PM

I would bitch-slap my dealer if he told me that!!! Joking...I got my last car in on January and it sucked big time...the worst part was getting all that salty/muddy slush all over the fresh paint ON the drive home from the dealer in Bristol after taking delivery!
when did you order yours in september? I ordered mind early on...it might have been late august...to get in on the september allocation. They said they might be able to find one sooner for me though.
C'mon Harte...you're a big dealership...pull some strings for us!!

Old 12-17-2003, 06:31 PM

Is this Thread dead?
On Sept 26, I placed an order with Harte in Hartford for a TB, 6MT, Prem, Nav, Splash (No Aero by choice). They said in a month to 6 weeks I'd have a build number and from then about 6 weeks I'd have a car.
I've called them every 30 days since and got no build number.

Last Friday (12/12/03) I called and furiously demanded a firm date or my deposit back. They said the following:
a)Here is your build number, but it doesn't mean anything regarding delivery date.
b)The delay is probably due to the fact that Infiniti is building mostly FX's for this time of year.
c)Your G35 will arrive sometime in January and will very likely coincide with an Infiniti incentive financing package.

Of course by now I'm not pleased since I'm completely dehydrated from anticipatory drooling. Whenever I see a cool G35 Coupe, Black or Red or DG or whatever, I chase after it, darting around it from right side to left side to front to rear admiring like an idiot. When I do this, the "G35 driver" simply acts infinitely cool as if totally oblivious of the fawning attention his/her car is getting.

Since my order was placed at the end of September I knew that the car would arrive during the snowy season and I have no intention of breaking her in on ice. I therefore bought a 1997 Toyota Tacoma pickup at the East windsor auction.
The problem now is that I am currently insuring 4 vehicles. I have a '94 Acura Legend GS that I intend to transfer to my wife, a '92 Nissan Maxima with 230,000 miles on a V30DE engine (still drives beautifully-I'll take a picture when it reaches 234567) that I intend to sell, an '85 Chevy S-10 pickup I intend to sell and now the Tacoma I intend to keep.

I just about accused the salesman of selling "my " car to someone who was willing to pay him above MSRP in order to avoid the wait. He denied it of course.
I also reminded him that his reputation would be trashed on the internet if he tried to screw me. Since I have no confirmation of his honesty or treachery I am not revealing his name in this thread at this time.

After all that, my question is this, has any of the September orders been delivered yet??

KFF

Old 12-17-2003, 09:49 PM

Adnama,

I'm suprised that Harte has been giving you the run around. I talked to Bruce, the sales manager earlier this week, and he confirmed the delivery date of my red 6MT for January 16th (give or take 5-10 days). He also had a VIN for me. I never got a "build number", but I didn't think it was relevant information.

Here is the interesting part...everytime I talk to Bruce, he tells me that he remembers me because I've got the only 6MT coupe on order from October (late Sept orders are processed early October). If you do in fact have a car on order, then I really hope I'm wrong. Sounds fishy...who was your salesman?

'04 6MT, Laser Red/Graphite, Prem, Navi, 4-Piece Aero, BSM

Old 12-17-2003, 10:19 PM

statik is right... late sept orders are really oct orders, nov builds, and then supposedly dec shipments. Since yours is a month later than mine (which is a sept order#), you should get yours mid january approximately.

Definately try to find out more from someone OTHER than your salesman. Try to talk to a manager or something.

Oh and by the way, my car came in a couple of days ago.. picking it up this saturday.

Twlight blue/Willow 6mt on order. Options: Sunroof.

Old 12-17-2003, 11:13 PM

wizawuza......how much did you pay for it?

Old 12-18-2003, 12:16 AM

$1250 under msrp.

Old 12-18-2003, 12:26 AM

WOW...... may I ask where from???
was it an order??? or off the floor????

Old 12-18-2003, 09:11 AM

order.

Douglas Infiniti in Summit, NJ

Studlymobile told me about this deal (on this forum actually), and so I tried to call his salesperson, His salesperson wasn't there, and it was the last day for ordering, so I went ahead with another person.

The guy I ordered from did put Studymobile's original salesperson on the dealer statement as a co-salesman or whatever, so that's good at least.

PM me for names, but I rather not say names over a public forum.

Good luck.

Old 12-18-2003, 10:12 AM

I'm still waiting for mine from Harte in West haven and haven't gotten any dates yet. I origionally ordered the car in DP but changed my order to TB when I saw pics. Well...my DP came in a month ago...I was so tempted to just take it....but I waited....and am waiting....it's difficult!

Old 12-18-2003, 12:09 PM

Justme97,

If you changed your order, do you know when the dealer sent it through? Was it still an Oct order? If so, then you should have a VIN by now! (Oh...and nice move switching to TB...far too many greyish-silver cars in CT!)

'04 6MT, Laser Red/Graphite, Prem, Navi, 4-Piece Aero, BSM

Old 12-18-2003, 02:37 PM

I origionaly ordered in either august or july (can't remember) but I changed my order in the first week of september. I just called and they said the eta is mid January...so I must not have made the sept allotment.
So yeah...I think DP is an awsome color...contrasts great with the 6mt wheels and with the black leather....but it wasn't untill my order was placed that I started looking around and realized just how many silver tone cars there were in ct! So I made the change to TB...even with the delays I still don't regret doing so...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone with a september order?