G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Those w/MT: Breaking your tires loose after 1-2 shift

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 05:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you may break loose from 1st to 2nd... dont be scared to take vdc off. people rely on it to save their cars so much its scary....

Old 06-10-2006, 04:50 PM
perfect postttt

yessss, i never thought to post and ask this. I've had my 06mt coupe for about 3 weeks now, and basically from the 2nd day in I would start chirping into 2nd. I figured it was from letting out the clutch too quickly, so now I just let it out slower...all because i dont want that f**king VDC to come on. Honestly, its so damn sensitive, its irritating. The fuel cut off just drives me nuts when it comes on. I was worried about shutting the VDC off though, because I am used to AWD (wrx) and have never driven a RWD car with this much HP before. So just to get this straight, no one has had problems on dry pavement shutting off the VDC going straight, while doing some "spirited" driving, mainly while shifting 1st to 2nd? The VDC on this G is what caused me my largest embarrassment in a car before...losing..horribly to an "E430 4matic" on a straightaway off a light... still recovering from that one...f-ing vdc ....

ps..yea brand new G and driving it hard...psst (no break in period on a lease )

Old 06-10-2006, 06:57 PM
VDC off to me is as natural as brushing my teeth in the morning. do not be afraid my friend. i actually feel more in control with VDC off, even when spinning

Old 06-10-2006, 09:32 PM
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by hotsand5
It has happened once, but I think from my own personal experience, that I was not aggressive enough with the sifter. The higher in the rpm range, the harder and faster you need to pull on the shifter. I this is my 4th car w/ a manual, but the worst was with the VW. Again, never a problem in this car...only when it's my fault. I either get too lazy and am either not pushing the clutch to the floor or am shifting too "light." It does suck missing a shift though, as others will notice your RMP hitting the limiter and you not going anywhere. Cloud 35, did you notice anything different that you were doing while this was happeneing?
Well it was all pretty quick but I am pretty sure I pulled it into second pretty hard and it still locked me out. I felt is an instantaneously let off the gas so I didn't bounce off of the limiter. I tried to duplicate it again but I guess I subconsciously over compensated and started to pull harder into second and couldn't get it to lock me out again.

Anyone has any solution to the notchiness and make it easier to engage second gear?

Old 06-10-2006, 11:10 PM
I've noticed some difficulty shifting hard into 2nd gear a few times, but at this point I'm attributing it to my lazy shifting habits. lol In my maxima I have the clutch set to disengage from the flywheel very quickly and I think the habit of just tapping the clutch to disengage has carried over. So probably tomorrow morning I'll be adjusting the clutch pedal in the G. Hopefully this will fix my issue otherwise I'll be scratching my head with you guys.

Old 06-11-2006, 08:18 PM
When I launch hard from a stop, with VDC off of course, it's pretty easy to break the backend loose. It's not bad like a muscle car, but the rear end definitely gets wagging.

Old 06-13-2006, 08:30 PM
yeah, i've launched before and had some right hand drifting of the rear until it caught traction (VDC off of course) then it straightened back up.

Old 06-14-2006, 10:15 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
VDC can be really dangerous if your driving spirited, and for some odd reason you go sideways a lil or "Out of line", VDC cuts power, which means, whichever direction the car is pointed, your going, regardless! The tires chirp because torque drops off immediatly once you let off the throttle, so if you get back on really fast, tires break loose if there is enough torque being transmitted to the wheels. I can get my pretty much stock coupe midly sideways going into second, on dry pavement. VDC must stay on in the rain, or if its damp outside. I made the mistake of having VDC off when it was midly damp comming out of a toll booth in second at mid range RPMs (2500-3000) tell you what, first and last time!! Plus if its dry, and you need to get out of the way really quick, (Traffic up ahead comes to a dead hault out of no where, and a tractor trailer is behind you, and the other lane is wide open) VDC will hinder you from doing that, which could cause some SERIOUS trouble!!

Old 06-29-2006, 09:11 PM
Dangit, as another poster stated you guys are making me jealous. Should have gotten a 6MT.

Old 06-30-2006, 01:34 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I have chirped tires many time vdc off going from 1st to 2nd. I have never lost control.

Old 06-30-2006, 01:58 AM
Its normal actions of that motor and tranny, depends a lot of the driver as well.

Old 06-30-2006, 08:52 AM
I haven't had a 1-2 or 2-3 chirp with the VDC off yet. First reason, I don't really shift as fast in my GC6MT for some reason. Second reason, the flywheel feels pretty heavy in this car and the revs don't drop that quickly. Oh well, I guess in my old age (38) I'm becoming a little more tame with my driving. Now when I take out my 570rwhp Mustang, not only does it chirp, but it spins going into 5th at 80mph

Old 06-30-2006, 09:29 AM
wait till you get boosted. im breaking loose in 4th

Old 06-30-2006, 11:22 AM
I have no problem with breaking the whole rear loose between 1-2 and geting a nice long chirp everytime going 2-3, and I can even get a chirp going 3-4 sometimes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Those w/MT: Breaking your tires loose after 1-2 shift