G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Could this be real?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 03:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CVT Basics
Unlike traditional automatic transmissions, continuously variable transmissions don't have a gearbox with a set number of gears, which means they don't have interlocking toothed wheels. The most common type of CVT operates on an ingenious pulley system that allows an infinite variability between highest and lowest gears with no discrete steps or shifts.

Nows who's the douche bag?????

Old 06-12-2006, 03:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by echephron
you will see that the Skyline 350GT-8 comes with said transmission...

now maybe you should all email this poor fella and apologize for your douche-bag comments?
Okay, point taken. I briefly googled the term "Extroid" and everything I saw was for the XVL concept. But, the Skyline 350GT-8 is a Japan-only model, right, and therefore right-hand drive? Well, here's this dude's interior shot from his ad:

Clearly a left-drive model with the navigation screen in English. Therefore, my verdict: Douchebag.

Old 06-12-2006, 04:01 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
I concur Dr.

Old 06-12-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by binar
CVT Basics
Unlike traditional automatic transmissions, continuously variable transmissions don't have a gearbox with a set number of gears, which means they don't have interlocking toothed wheels. The most common type of CVT operates on an ingenious pulley system that allows an infinite variability between highest and lowest gears with no discrete steps or shifts.

again, please *read*

from the link i posted:

"At a test drive of Nissan’s soon-to-be-launched Skyline 350 GT, Nissan engineers were all ears. This model will be the flagship version of the new Skyline range which is currently headed by a 3.0 litre V6. Nissan designers had developed the world’s first production 8-speed Extroid CVT with dual paddles a la F1 style, and they wanted feedback from the assembled scribes and racing drivers.

Married to the new 350 GT-8, which boasts the same 3.5 litre V6 powerunit as that destined for Nissan’s upcoming 350Z, the Nissan generates 200kw (272ps) at a lofty 6000rpm, and 353 Nm (36.0 kg-m) of torque at 4800rpm. The all-new 8-speed CVT is an extension of the revolutionary 6-speed CVT Nissan introduced on its 3.0 litre Gloria model more than three years ago. That model set new standards in shift shock-less response."

this, btw, was an article from the year 2002. oh, and maybe that's what the 8 stands for in 350GT-8?

Old 06-12-2006, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by Sandman
Okay, point taken. I briefly googled the term "Extroid" and everything I saw was for the XVL concept. But, the Skyline 350GT-8 is a Japan-only model, right, and therefore right-hand drive? Well, here's this dude's interior shot from his ad:

Clearly a left-drive model with the navigation screen in English. Therefore, my verdict: Douchebag.
i would believe you correct on the right-hand side drive as the japanese do drive on the left side of the road... but, if it was designed for import, then i'm sure it would be suited for our roads, no? again, i don't think any of us will know for certain the truth behind the vehicle unless we went and looked at it...had the VIN pulled...etc... but, i don't believe that car to be a rebadged G unless he put loads of money dropping in the dual intake, extroid tranny, and exhaust setup...plus other goodies that come on the skyline...

Old 06-12-2006, 04:16 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
haha' maybe it's a special right hand drive jdm model. after all it also has an 8 speed tranny. lol

Old 06-12-2006, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by binar
CVT Basics

Originally Posted by echephron
again, please *read*

from the link i posted:

"At a test drive of Nissan’s soon-to-be-launched Skyline 350 GT, Nissan engineers were all ears. This model will be the flagship version of the new Skyline range which is currently headed by a 3.0 litre V6. Nissan designers had developed the world’s first production 8-speed Extroid CVT with dual paddles a la F1 style, and they wanted feedback from the assembled scribes and racing drivers.

Married to the new 350 GT-8, which boasts the same 3.5 litre V6 powerunit as that destined for Nissan’s upcoming 350Z, the Nissan generates 200kw (272ps) at a lofty 6000rpm, and 353 Nm (36.0 kg-m) of torque at 4800rpm. The all-new 8-speed CVT is an extension of the revolutionary 6-speed CVT Nissan introduced on its 3.0 litre Gloria model more than three years ago. That model set new standards in shift shock-less response."

this, btw, was an article from the year 2002. oh, and maybe that's what the 8 stands for in 350GT-8?
Did a little more research. It looks like the Extroid transmission in the Skyline 350GT can be run in a continuously variable mode OR in an 8-speed manual mode using paddle shifters, kind of like the 5AT's automatic vs. manual mode.

So, you're both right.

Old 06-12-2006, 04:47 PM
Not real.....dont care.....guys a dick.

Old 06-12-2006, 04:53 PM
looking at the steering wheel, he would have had to have gotten a new one with an Infiniti badge on it. it definitely wasn't rebadged...it had to have been replaced...if of course this isn't all BS.

Old 06-12-2006, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by Infiniti514
looking at the steering wheel, he would have had to have gotten a new one with an Infiniti badge on it. it definitely wasn't rebadged...it had to have been replaced...if of course this isn't all BS.

good point...that's what i was about to comment on... someone call him and get TEH VIN... :-D

Old 06-12-2006, 05:07 PM
ok, judging from steering wheel, i have to say that this is *not* a skyline... even if the steering wheel was replaced (not nissan badge as infiniti514 pointed out), it would still need the paddles for the Extroid tranny as seen in this Skyline's 350GT-8 pic, no? i have to rethink my position and change my vote to douche.

Attached Thumbnails Could this be real?-15.jpg  

Last edited by echephron; 06-12-2006 at 05:09 PM.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:07 PM
Just 2 things to point out:
1. Per a previous post, the Extroid is only available in the sedan ( http://www2.nissan.co.jp/SKYLINE/V35...ADE/main1.html )

and

2. the cars.com ad has the VIN and a link to the CARFAX report showing that this vehicle was leased in NC on 6/7/2005 and is currently for sale by a private owner in Crofton, MD.

Old 06-12-2006, 05:27 PM
What I'm sayin' is HOAX and this guy's a douche

Old 06-12-2006, 05:34 PM
"Nismo body kit and authenticity badge" All it has is the front lip on a stock bumper, this guy is a douche through and through. The LHD should be a dead give away. I also love that he's pushing the fact that it has a Calsonic exhaust, which is what every G35 comes with stock...

Old 06-12-2006, 05:34 PM
lets all just email him calling him a douche!!!!!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Could this be real?