G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Window Problem?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2006 | 07:30 AM
^^^ I dont really know what that means.

For what its worth, I just had my passenger window motor replaced yesterday, it took the dealer about an hour.

Old 06-29-2006 | 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by 1stG35inCTRY
sorry for the words , but are you guys crazy to replace the motor?! it is not the motor.. have you ever tried to close the window when the door is opened??? I have and it never goes down after engaging the auto function..

window motor function is to roll the window up/down and if it does there is a small chance it is broken, isn`t it ?!??
Oh, okay, so it's not the motor - I guess we'll all advise Infiniti that it is foolishly replacing $450 parts under warranty all the time when they could simply be applying more lubricant

I had problems with my passenger's side window getting stuck in the door, rolling all the way up then back down, stopping half way and then going back up/down, etc. It didn't matter whether the door was open or shut. The dealership replaced it under warranty at ~35K miles. My driver's side window is beginning to have the same problem, so I expect to replace the motor in it sometime before my warranty runs out in December.

Not to beat a dead horse, but this topic has been addressed many times. The window motor is the same between the coupe and the sedan. Since the sedan's windows are smaller and lighter, the motor was originally designed for that payload (because the sedan came out first). As a result, the extra heft of the coupe windows begins to wear out the auto-sense feature of the window motor more quickly than it should. Ask any Infiniti service manager - if they're honest they'll tell you that they replace these motors all the time. Unfortunately it appears that unless someone comes out with a stronger window motor one day, we can all expect to have to replace our window motors fairly often.

Old 06-29-2006 | 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by 1stG35inCTRY
sorry for the words , but are you guys crazy to replace the motor?! it is not the motor.. have you ever tried to close the window when the door is opened??? I have and it never goes down after engaging the auto function..

window motor function is to roll the window up/down and if it does there is a small chance it is broken, isn`t it ?!??
r u serious? Mine broke after like 2000 miles, and I'm finally getting it fixed tomorrow. i'll be pissed if that thing just keeps going out.

Old 06-30-2006 | 11:12 AM
My passenger side is going out as well, started a few weeks ago and only does it when it is really hot outside. I now have ~7200 miles on the car.

Old 07-01-2006 | 01:43 PM
mine's making a weird grinding sound... the dealer should fix that right?

Old 07-02-2006 | 12:53 AM
so i took mine in to get it fixed the other day. it was doing that thing where it rolls up then half way down when i used the auto up feature. turns out the window just needed to be adjusted, and they didn't need to replace the motor like other people have said. so far it has been working fine, so hopefully it doesn't just break soon.

Old 07-02-2006 | 01:07 AM
moter needs to be reset !!
remove door panel ..
find little black rubber buton on motor ( maybe under black adhisive sticker )
reconect window switch and close door. push in button and raise window using 1st click ( not auto up ) .
when window gets to top let the switch go and then release button. run window down with 1st click then back up with auto.
all should be good .
some early 350z had bad moters that would loose memory. but i have not replaced any motors for a very long time now.

Old 07-02-2006 | 01:10 AM
here is the ntb on the 350z

Classification:
EL04-024

Reference:
NTB04-089

Date:
July 29, 2004

WINDOW REGULATOR MOTOR RESET PROCEDURE

APPLIED VEHICLE:
2003-04 350Z (Z33)

SERVICE INFORMATION

If any of the below work items were performed, the Window Regulator Motor must be reset. To reset the Motor, refer to the Service Procedure below.

^ Removal and installation of the Window Regulator.

^ Removal and installation of the Motor from the Window Regulator.

^ Operating the Window Regulator outside of the vehicle.

^ Removal and installation of the Window Glass.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

1. Remove the Door Panel.

^ Refer to the applicable Service Manual for Door Panel removal instructions

2. With the door open, lift UP and HOLD the Window Switch until the Window is fully closed.

^ Do not use the Window auto-closing function

^ Do not release the Switch before the Window is fully closed

3. Get inside the vehicle and close the door.

^ You need to close the door so the Door Switch is fully depressed

4. Press and HOLD the Window Regulator Motor Reset Switch. While holding the Reset Switch, press DOWN and HOLD the Window Switch until the Window is fully opened.

^ Do not use the Window auto-opening function

^ Do not release the Switch before the Window is fully opened

5. Release the Reset Switch. Then, lift UP and HOLD the Window Switch until the Window is fully closed.

^ Do not use the Window auto-closing function

^ Do not release the Switch before the Window is fully closed

6. Open the Door to release the Door Switch. The Window Glass should partially move down.

7. Re-install the Door Panel.

Old 07-02-2006 | 06:58 PM
ive had this problem the battery or something on my g35 coupe messed up so i took it in and had it ready later the same day...warrenty took care of me