G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Tell me what you think about our overlays

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 09:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue_Batmobile
Exactly! You want a refund, return the product, its that simple. I even offered the guy half a refund for the one overlay he had remaining too. I do my best to please my customers, many of you know that. As far as the tinter goes, it really doesn't matter how many days or years experience he has. Bottom line is, has he ever applied overlays like mine? It's not a TINT material, it's a vinyl overlay, a bit different. Many tint shps have installed my Overlays with no issues.

btw Chad. Nice effort on the Overlays .

Bat™
half a refund for a product that was miscut and would not work even if you, yourself, had tried to put them on... nice customer service, bat! with a warranty like that, why would *anyone* not buy from you?? c'mon, guy...your product was trash and your customer service was no better...

truth be told, it took you two and a half weeks to get them to me after having paid you and the only responses i got to my emails asking where they were was the canned "shipped! can't wait to see the pics! =)"

and to answer your question, yes, he's installed many overlays just like yours...and even had created his own until he realized that painting was a much better way to go... as i said, i've chocked it up to a lesson learned... but, please...do not try and defend your policies as they are horrid.

Old 06-23-2006, 09:13 AM
Official Sponsor of the Florida G35 Club
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Obviously, it was my fault on the mishipping, and I apologize for that. That does happen once in a while. I offered you a 2nd set, you declined, so I said I would give you a refund. All I asked for was the product back.

Bat™

Old 06-23-2006, 09:44 AM
Obviously, it was my fault on the mishipping, and I apologize for that. That does happen once in a while. I offered you a 2nd set, you declined, so I said I would give you a refund. All I asked for was the product back.

Bat™
half a refund is different than full refund... and having to pay for shipping back to you just to get half a refund of 45$ would put me at getting actually nothing back due to having paid shipping to begin with... it's simple math... half of 45 (22.50) - 8 for initial shipping and - 8 more for return shipping = 6.50...that would be my whopping refund after having done business with you on your terms! maybe you can understand why i opted NOT to ship it back?

i have chocked it up to lesson learned as stated before... but, i want others here that may be interested in purchasing your product to know that if they do, they'll be left out in the cold if something goes wrong...

Last edited by echephron; 06-23-2006 at 09:46 AM.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:16 AM
_jb
Photographer

No one is going to ship a full product and then give you a full refund because you say it went bad.

Any company would want the unused product returned to them to verify that you didn't install the product and then try to get a refund too.

Get over it.

Old 06-23-2006, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by _jb
No one is going to ship a full product and then give you a full refund because you say it went bad.

Any company would want the unused product returned to them to verify that you didn't install the product and then try to get a refund too.

Get over it.
a lot of people know me and my car here in ATL...and they all know that bat's vinyl is not stuck to it.

i will reiterate just for you since it seems you don't read before you post... it's not about the money..it's not about the ****-poor quality of the overlays that i bought...it's about CUSTOMER SERVICE. bat has NONE. and i just want others to know and make an informed decision BEFORE buying his product...

Old 06-23-2006, 11:33 AM
Yup, get over it.
This thread is about Chad's new overlay, not your whinning ground.

You want more than "ship it back and get your refund", then go to a retail store.

Old 06-23-2006, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by G35Luver
Yup, get over it.
This thread is about Chad's new overlay, not your whinning ground.

You want more than "ship it back and get your refund", then go to a retail store.

you are correct in one thing... this *is* chad's post...and i must apologize to chad for hijacking the thread... my apologies to you, chad...

by the way...the overlays do look good... i like how they cutouts actually have a center strip instead of coming to a "widow's peak" at the top and bottom...

Old 06-23-2006, 12:32 PM
Not really a big fan of those. I dont like the dark red, it just doesnt go with the body color. Maybe on a black car.

Old 06-23-2006, 12:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think I know where the problem is. When I was installing Bat's overlays, I too noticed that they do not align with the circles. Few people who see it up close said the same thing, but the thing I realized real quick even during installation, is that they do align, but you have to step back and look from the point other drivers behind you are looking at it. That's due to the circles being inside the glass housing. '06 overlays on the other hand should align perfectly no matter what angle you look at it.
Another point is, that I do wish they were made from tint material to give it a shine like clear coat has, but he did say they are vinyl and are not that bad so I'm happy, and actually I'm thinking about the headlight ones.

Old 06-23-2006, 01:05 PM
great point. It all depends on the angle you are looking at the Overlay.

Bat™

Old 06-23-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by echephron
half a refund is different than full refund... and having to pay for shipping back to you just to get half a refund of 45$ would put me at getting actually nothing back due to having paid shipping to begin with... it's simple math... half of 45 (22.50) - 8 for initial shipping and - 8 more for return shipping = 6.50...that would be my whopping refund after having done business with you on your terms! maybe you can understand why i opted NOT to ship it back?

i have chocked it up to lesson learned as stated before... but, i want others here that may be interested in purchasing your product to know that if they do, they'll be left out in the cold if something goes wrong...
Left out in the cold? I've been doing this for a few years now. You'd think if that were the case, I would even be here now. You didn't like the way they fit, you wanted a refund. I offered you a replacement, you declined. I said ok, just send it back and I'll refund you. You decided not to send it back. I did all I could to rectify the problem. What else could I do? Give you a refund without the product? I dont see any logic there. I'm human, I make mistakes like everyone else does, give me a break. As far as shipping goes, why not just send it 1st class with delivery confirmation, that's what $2?

I'm sorry you weren't happy with my product or service. I always look at incidences like these, which are very rare, and learn from them. Unfortunately, I cant see what I could have done better in this case. I did my best to rectify the problem by offering you a replacement or refund.
Best of luck in the future.

Bat™

Last edited by Blue_Batmobile; 06-23-2006 at 01:20 PM.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:34 PM
Lexus IS350
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a lot of people know me and my car here in ATL...and they all know that bat's vinyl is not stuck to it.

i will reiterate just for you since it seems you don't read before you post... it's not about the money..it's not about the ****-poor quality of the overlays that i bought...it's about CUSTOMER SERVICE. bat has NONE. and i just want others to know and make an informed decision BEFORE buying his product...
You have got to be kidding me! Bat has some of the best customer service out there. He's an individual running his own business. When you contact him, whether its a positive or negative experience, you talk directly to him. When is the last time you bought something from a website or a store and were able to talk directly to the owner/CEO/manager/etc about the product you bought? Bat not only has excellent quality products but he has some of the best, if not the best, customer service.

I bought some overlays from him a month or two ago and messed up installing one, I contacted him and he offered me a significant discount on the replacement. I then decided I didnt want to make the effort installing them so I wished to return them. Long story short, he did what he could to make me, the customer, as happy and pleased as can be.

I personally think its lame that others are copying Bat's overlays. Im happy to see that his are the lowest priced out there and the highest quality product.

Old 06-23-2006, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by extreme4377
You have got to be kidding me! Bat has some of the best customer service out there. He's an individual running his own business. When you contact him, whether its a positive or negative experience, you talk directly to him. When is the last time you bought something from a website or a store and were able to talk directly to the owner/CEO/manager/etc about the product you bought? Bat not only has excellent quality products but he has some of the best, if not the best, customer service.

I bought some overlays from him a month or two ago and messed up installing one, I contacted him and he offered me a significant discount on the replacement. I then decided I didnt want to make the effort installing them so I wished to return them. Long story short, he did what he could to make me, the customer, as happy and pleased as can be.

I personally think its lame that others are copying Bat's overlays. Im happy to see that his are the lowest priced out there and the highest quality product.
*place golf clap here* kudos to you getting great customer service... i did not. end of story.

Old 06-23-2006, 02:02 PM
Left out in the cold? I've been doing this for a few years now. You'd think if that were the case, I would even be here now. You didn't like the way they fit, you wanted a refund. I offered you a replacement, you declined. I said ok, just send it back and I'll refund you. You decided not to send it back. I did all I could to rectify the problem. What else could I do? Give you a refund without the product? I dont see any logic there. I'm human, I make mistakes like everyone else does, give me a break. As far as shipping goes, why not just send it 1st class with delivery confirmation, that's what $2?

I'm sorry you weren't happy with my product or service. I always look at incidences like these, which are very rare, and learn from them. Unfortunately, I cant see what I could have done better in this case. I did my best to rectify the problem by offering you a replacement or refund.
Best of luck in the future.

Bat™
you'd like for people to believe that... but, by your own admittance, you were going to offer me HALF a refund... it's not a high-end product, bat... your cost vs. what i paid for it is a ridiculous difference... TRUE customer service is offering a FULL refund when product is not as described / advertised... again, i refer to my math which you so conveniently ignored... that said, anyone with common sense can see that it was NOT worth my time to return it to you for a half refund...

Old 06-23-2006, 02:25 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Let me preface this by apologizing to Chad for perpetuating this stupid argument. BlueBatmobile has a real job like the rest of us and does the overlay thing on the side. Despite that, he still produces a quality product at a very reasonable price and provides top-notch customer service. He has hundreds of satisfied customers. Perhaps the overlays didn't fit because he sent you the wrong model of overlay. I don't know because I wasn't there so I'm not going to call your installer incompetent. Plenty of people install the overlays themselves. It's not for the faint of heart but just takes patience. As far as your expectation of a complete refund with no effort on your part goes, I think your expectations are unrealistic. You shop much on the internet? I do. Most business will require you to pay return shipping when you return something. Notice I said most, not all. Lastly, I think you're talking out your a$$ when you claim the product has "...****-poor quality...", is "...trash...", and is "...thin and cheap."
nor am i trying to bash his product...(even though the quality, from my standpoint, was non-existent)
If it bothers you so much, write your congressman. Create a website like www.BlueBatmobileSucks.com so whiners like you can share horror stories. Fact is that BlueBat has one of the best reputations on this entire board. So I suggest you put on your asbestos suit if you want to continue calling him out here.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tell me what you think about our overlays