G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Will Kp Window module void warrenty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 09:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will Kp Window module void warrenty?

i just installed it, and let me say that the customer service is the best ive ever dealt with, great product. My concern is that i remember reading that some coupes have a problem with the driver side window motor, is that true? if so normally it would get replaced under warrenty, but when they pull my door pannel off and see the module, will they give me a hard time? right now my window goes up about 75% of the way then makes three quiet bump type sounds, hard to explain, but ive noticed it. but it still goes up all the way.

any help is appreciated

Old 06-29-2006, 09:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
it depends on the dealership, but yeah they might. I took mine in and the dealership called me back and said "there is some aftermarket wiring in your door and we don't want to mess it up, can you come take it out for us, so we can get to the inside of the door."

It might be a good idea to pull it out before you go in for service, just to be safe.

Old 06-29-2006, 10:01 PM
did your motor burn out? id hate to take it out, i sodered everything and mounted it all nicely, maybe i can just tell them its a module to lock my doors automatically, and has nothing to do with the window?

Old 06-30-2006, 01:57 AM
Premier Member

Yes, it will if you have window problems and they narrow it down to that box then they will charge for the labor...

Old 06-30-2006, 10:08 AM
Its more what redwillow says. Depends on the dealership and even the tech who opened it up. If they decide to be difficult they will have a pretty strong reason to deny you coverage. Chances are they won't want to touch it either way, so if the window needs service you will probably be forced to pull it out before you take it in..... My motor was starting to burn out (was slow and got stuck a few times) so I had to get mine replaced.

Old 06-30-2006, 11:43 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Just tell the dealer "Well if you guys put this technology in our cars in the first place, I wouldn't have to install it myself!" Hey it's true...haha jk Like Red and Beo said, depends on dealership. Just cross your fingers that your motor won't burn out and if it does, take the mod out. Although it'd look fishy when the techs notice things were done within the doors.

Old 07-19-2006, 10:01 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
The module technically shouldn't void any actual window motor warranties. The module does NOT interface with the power window system, and therefore has no direct effect on the power window motors.

The KPtech window module sends a digital signal to the BCM and requests that the BCM raise the windows. The total current consumption of KPtech module should not exceed 20mA, obviously not enough to cause any damage to any motor. The high current motor control is completely, 100% controlled at all times by the OEM BCM. Because of this, the anti pinch function still fully works with the KPtech module, and the KPtech module will not over drive the windows when they re ach the top of their travel.

However, as stated above, its going ot come down to the tech working on the car. Most of them won't understand how the module works so their first instinct will be to claim it caused the problems.

If this were to ever happen, first ask the tech if he is aware of how common window motor/regulator problems are in newer Nissans. Then, ask him to put the warranty denial in writing. Next, contact KPtech directly and they will get involved by contacting the dealership directly and explaining the operation, with necesarry documentation to make sure you don't lose your warranty.

To date, we have never had to contact a dealership, but I somewhat look forward to the first encounter.....

Also, thanks for the kind words and enjoy!