G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 Coupe resale looks better than 350Z's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 05:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 Coupe resale looks better than 350Z's

Yap, just was check'in it out on autotrader and it appears the resale is somewhat higher on the coupes with roughly the same mileage and options.

Looks like we win AGAIN !!

[img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
hehehe

Old 09-30-2003, 05:20 PM
Re: G35 Coupe resale looks better than 350Z's

We got lucky :P

Nissan's resale value is horrible, yet ours is even worse. Why can't we be like the IS300 and S2000, their resale value kicks ***.

I was talking to my salesman, and in about 4 years.. A G35c 6MT w/ roughly 50k miles will be worth approximately 17-18K

My Infiniti G20 which was bought in 99 for around 28K is now worth a little over 9K... BAH!

-wicked
-Black/Black G35 coupe

Old 09-30-2003, 05:51 PM

that was then ... this is NOW.

I dont think we will drop, any car as good and is in as high demand as this one will retain its value.

Its more so up to the sellers out there.

If you sell your car, SELL HIGH.

Plain and simple.

Old 09-30-2003, 08:26 PM

don't forget MT will get worse resale value compare to AT... Not that many people want MT these days include me lol... roughly 24% of sale are MT in coupes(last time i check was august sale)... and i don't know why but coupe gets worse resalve value compare to sedan also... i guess sedans are more popular...

Old 09-30-2003, 11:35 PM

I don't think resale value will be worse for 6MT. G35C is afterall a luxury sportcar. Only demanding drivers will opt for the stick. And there are a LOT of us out there. Besides, the 6MT are more rare. If someone would be looking into the market to purchase a used one, it will be harder to come by.

I think hot cars will retain their values. I think Nissan is starting to get the picture.

G35C 6M BS/G
Revved to 6k, looking for 7th gear!

Old 10-01-2003, 12:47 AM

i'm sorry but MT will get worse resale value on almost every single car out there... check kbb.com or edmunds.com for more info... and AT drivers are out numbers MT driver so bad it's not even funny... and 6MT are more rare than AT because not that many people want MT... it's real obvious that dealer stock the cars that can sell easily

Old 10-01-2003, 01:42 AM

I'll correct my statement that MT will hold as same as AT resale value but not better...
i just checked with kbb.com
98 supra TT with 10000miles with same options came out
auto:29350
MT:29850 considered that u mentioned 3k + premium and i think MT was little bit more expensive which one got better resale value?
then NSX same thing with 02NSX with 10000miles with same options came out AT and MT identical!!
and Acura CL type-S both MSRP are same and MT are much more rare, again AT and MT came out indentical resale value...
and for the RX-7 manual holds $200 more than AT.. I'm not sure if MT was more expensive than AT but considering that you mentioned it's hard to sell slushbox for sports car 200 is almost ignorable.. it's really depends on the model but MT won't hold much better than AT... this means included G35 coupe also... When MT gets higher values it means MT version of that model was more expensive(usually 1k+) and MT won't hold 1k difference than AT versions which means AT got better resale values...remember G35 MT is more expensive than AT more than 1k... we'll see how much difference will come out once kbb.com updates our car.. i bet less than 1k differences...

Old 10-01-2003, 02:26 AM

I think Loren is correct.. The 6speedMT Gcoupes are made much less.. roughly 20 some percent as according to my dealer .. And instead of manual being the lower end, the 6MT is the best Gcoupe you can purchase, it comes with everything instead of needing to add wheels like the AT.

It is also tru that the AT are in more demand, tht is why more are made... But remember, only the 6MT have Brembo brakez available.

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 10-02-2003, 08:52 AM

similar to how some AT's have added the aero kit, added the wheels, added brakes, added the kitchen sink, you get what you pay for.

The loaded 6mt has more to offer that a "loaded AT" and therefore will have a higher resale regardless if some website or you believe it or not.

It comes down to the buyer and the seller and what they are willing to part with.

Let me ask you ONE THING.

if you were to be in the market for a G in the future (if you didn't have one lets say) and you were looking and found some which were AT and MT loaded ... considering all the options that come with each. Since it is known the MT is the top of the G line which one are you gonna get or more so WANT.....

The 6MT.

but, not you, because I get the feeling you can't drive stick, so your just trying to validate your choice on the AT.

all the best bud.

Old 10-02-2003, 10:51 AM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

98 supra TT with 10000miles with same options came out
auto:29350
MT:29850 considered that u mentioned 3k + premium and i think MT was little bit more expensive which one got better resale value?

<hr></blockquote>

When it comes to actually going out and finding a nice 98 Supra TT most owners are selling them way over the KBB value simply because of supply and demand.

And I agree with Loren04, Supra TT 6MT’s usually sell for $3K or more than the AT’s because more people are after them and trust me your not gonna find a 98 Supra TT 6MT with 10K miles for only $30K most of them with that many miles and in mint condition go for $40K+

Old 10-02-2003, 01:57 PM

basically you repeated what i just said b4... i said g35 MT is more expensive which obviously in high trim level than AT... of course higher level trim will get more money.. but don't confuse with more money when you sell = higher resale value vs. look at the price difference b/w two models when they are new and how much they get after certain years later... i will agree that MT g coupe will get more money when you traded in or sell to private party but my question is how much more than AT? g coupe MT has about 1k higher MSRP than AT.. so if you get 1k more than AT when you sell your car it doesn't mean you got the higher resale value... both AT and MT remained same resale values... do you see my point?? if not i'll give you an example...
Car A MSRP cost 20000
Car B MSRP cost 25000
after x years resale values:
Car A worth 15000
Car B worth 17000
now if you think Car B has better value than you are dumb azz not worth of driving any g.. MSRP difference was 5k and now only 2k difference... which Car A holds better resale values...
so i wanna see how much MT coupe will get more $$$ than AT after x years... if there is more than 1k difference i'll say MT got better resale value but less than 1k it means AT got better values... I'm not defending AT tranny i couldn't wait 3months to get MT(AT was in stock) and i prefer more relax driving rather than control everything... an g coupes are in high demend regardless of tranny which will hold pretty good resale values.

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by uheenada on 10/02/03 11:05 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 10-02-2003, 02:22 PM

Everyone great info!

2003.5 G35C BL/GR, NAV, PREM, AERO, TINT, SPORT, Valentine 1

Old 10-02-2003, 04:15 PM

I really love it when people call me a dumb azz on the net.

I reminds how fricken lucky I am to not be mentally handicapped.

I know exactly what it is you are trying to say. I agree and its going to be a test of time... which we will soon most likely see.

But, like the subject reads G35 Coupe resale looks better than 350Z's.

I think you need to have a drink, and breath my son.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 Coupe resale looks better than 350Z's