G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Comparing my coupe to sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 01:34 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Comparing my coupe to sedan

btw- G35Gnome, I agree... the "sleeper" effect is very important to me. Most of my true loves have been sleepers, because there's nothing better than blowing some a-hole in his mom's GT out of the water with a sedan [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint

Old 10-03-2003, 02:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Geo, I'm interested - can you PM it to me?

Old 10-03-2003, 03:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If their is one thing that I love about the sedan over the coupe, its got to be the door. The door on the sedan is feather light and the coupe's door is so fricking heavy. I have chip the side of my coupe's door so many times. I only wish that they have made them lighter.

Old 10-03-2003, 04:16 PM

I'm confused! Aren't we all G35 Enthusiasts?

When was the last time a Sedan guy started a post by saying the the Coupe's rear end is fat and ugly?

Could someone site a G35Driver post where a Sedan guy disrespects or bad mouths the G35 Coupe?

Both G35 Sedan and Coupe are great cars! Please pick the performance car from the following specifications.

Engine Size: 3.5 liters
Engine Type: V6
Horsepower: 235 rwhp @ 6000 rpm (rw = real world)
Torque: 224 ft-lbs. rw @ 4800 rpm
Drive Type: RWD
Turning Circle: 37.4 ft.
Ground Clearance: 6.3 in.
Curb Weight: 3435 lbs. MT - 3442 lbs. AT

Engine Size: 3.5 liters
Engine Type: V6
Horsepower: 235 rwhp @ 6000 rpm
Torque: 224 ft-lbs. - rw @ 4800 rpm
Drive Type: RWD
Turning Circle: 36 ft.
Ground Clearance: 5.51 in.
Curb Weight: 3398 lbs. MT - 3369 lbs. AT

I had a hard time, did you?

And by the way, while my AT Sedan is not yet a Gurgenmobile, it recently spanked a 6-speed 350Z. Some mods work real well as Gurgen has pointed out.

Old 10-03-2003, 04:19 PM

your numbers are out of wack. and i dont belive that you "spanked" a 6 speed z.. i smell bs

2003 6MT Laser Red Coupe, Premium, Chrome 18's

Old 10-03-2003, 04:30 PM

Why couldn't he beat a 6 speed Z, a couple of mods and it is a driver's race. In fact it is a driver's race without the mods. I should no, I have been there and done that. My girl has a 6 speed Z and I have a Sedan, needless to say she looses every time. I might know how to drive a little better but the numbers are not that far away.

Old 10-03-2003, 04:32 PM

6.2 and 5.4 . yes thats a big difference

Old 10-03-2003, 04:36 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin

Actually man, I took one yesterday-- neighbor's. It's mostly because he can't drive for crap, but the fact that he was whooped by a 5AT sedan probably didn't work for him. Maybe I'll film it some time or something and upload it. It's easy to beat 6MTs, as the driver's aren't usually perfect, that's the only real reason.

Which #s are out of whack, and can you show me the dyno that corrects it? I've never seen a comparison side-by-side of stock dynos, so I'm pretty curious... thanks man,
G

Old 10-03-2003, 04:42 PM

6mt sedan 5.6-5.9, 6mt Z 5.2-5.4. One wrong shift against a Auto and they are gone. You live in the Magazines not on the street. Magazine times mean nothing.

Old 10-03-2003, 04:47 PM

G35Fanatic,

Specifically, how are my numbers out of wack?

In retrospect I shouldn't have posted the race info. However, with all due respect, I really don't care what you believe. You weren't there.

The current mods on my Sedan combined with a slow shifting driver added up to two major wins for the home team. The Z guy was real surprised, but very cool about it. He wants to do it again when he gets his Jim Wolf intake and has had a little more practice shifting.

By then, I'll have more mods.

Edit: Loren's comment regarding the AT's is right on IMO. Until I got the ECU mod I felt the AT in "D" was the only way to go. Now that I have 7100 rpm redline, manual shifting around 6500 rpm works real well and I don't hit the new redline. The amount of additional power my Sedan now makes from the old redline to the new is very surprising.

DaveO

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by DaveO on 10/03/03 02:16 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 10-03-2003, 05:20 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin

You've been very respectful, Loren, no beef with ya. You know what you want, and go for it. My only problem is with those that have to dog everyone who doesn't make the same choice... eh, what can ya do about ignorance?

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

There is a single automatic equiped vehicle I would consider owning though: an FX45. Although if I had one, I would never use the manual gate.

<hr></blockquote>

A) If you really drove them and researched them hard-core, you'd get a 35. I'm just basing this on the fact that you seem to know your stuff and aren't swayed by just #s. A dealership will even tell you this if you've got an honest salesman.

B) Wouldn't use the shift gate? ooooh yes you would [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] Going into a hard corner at 40+, it's so satisfying to throw it down in gear and tear through it. I take the FX through the twisties every so often, and with a sports suspension and 21" wheels, it feels sooo good. Yes, I know they're 20" on Infiniti's site ([img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]), but they measure at 21.5". Odd. Regardless, it feels nice going through 90-degree corners on rails. As for up-shifting, eh, the gates don't really serve a purpose.

G

Old 10-03-2003, 05:31 PM

there is nothing wrong with AT sedan spank 6spd z... In order to beat AT sedan, z needs to shift perfectly or near perfectly due to same power(2-3% less drivetrain loss is almost ignorable here)... how many people can shift perfectly everytime, anywhere when ur racing somebody?
remember this, you will not get your personal best time on the street...

Old 10-03-2003, 05:33 PM

we have a fx35 fully loaded in the family too. just love it.. and now back to the sedan, im not ******* on it, its just not for me. If Infinti didnt come out with the coupe i wouldnt' have ever turned to the g35, probably would've ended up with a bimmer *yuck*. The sedan is a great car, im sure, but I have my bias for the coupe so im sorry for that!

Old 10-03-2003, 05:46 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin

Oh dude, no worries-- I just have problems when people say it's an inferior car just because it has four doors. Mechanicaly between the two, it's a wash, and has been proven to be quite often. People who bash it because it's not what they have? Those who live in magazines and essentially bought the car just for its looks? Sad.

If you're partial to coupes, that's what you like. It's those who say "I like coupes... and your sedan sucks!" that get my dander up. Where do they get these people? I'm partial to coupes, but I'm also partial to sleepers. I've now got a fun-as-anything coupe, and two sleeper sedans... and one bada$$ sleeper SUV [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

G

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Comparing my coupe to sedan