G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

10mm holes drilled into my front bumper!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2006 | 05:21 PM
thank god i bought my car in tennessee where there is no front plate law. you'll have no case against the dealer - they have to install the front plate, unless you specifically tell them not to...

Old 08-02-2006 | 05:29 PM
I bought my car in San Diego, Cali... where you have to have front plates and legal tint.. i.e. no tint on the front and side windows.

My dealer never put on the front plate or drilled any holes...they gave me the mounting equipment for it.. AND they even tinted my windows.. illegally dark all the way around

They told me.. if I later wanted the tint removed or front plate put on, they would do it for free..

I still remember the tint conversation... they came out with all the tints on a display and asked what I wanted.. I pointed to the limo for the back.. they said what about the front or front sides.. I said.. well that's illegal... they laughed.. so I picked the same for up front

Bought my 06 in Nov 05.. no pullover's yet

Old 08-02-2006 | 06:17 PM
Banned
this is the dumbest thread i've ever read, the dealership is going to laugh at you

Old 08-02-2006 | 07:51 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
dealers HAVE to install a front plate by law.. even if you do sign a waiver it can still come back at them if its taken to court.. all of the dealers that i know drill plates into ALL new cars as soon as its off the truck during the predelivery inspection...

Old 08-02-2006 | 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by Klumzyee
dealers HAVE to install a front plate by law.. even if you do sign a waiver it can still come back at them if its taken to court.. all of the dealers that i know drill plates into ALL new cars as soon as its off the truck during the predelivery inspection...
That can't be true. Sometimes it would be illegal for the dealer to mount any plates at all, let-alone a front one. When I bought my car from out-of-state, the dealer legally cannot collect taxes on behalf of another state. So you would be required to go to the DMV yourself and pay for the taxes and get your plates. If the dealer collected the taxes from you, got the plates, and installed it for you, they would be in violation of federal interstate commerce laws.

Besides, from what I understand, they are only required to supply the mounting hardware.... Doesn't say anything about the hardware actually having to be on the car... So when I bought my car, they just threw the brackets in the trunk.. (I just tossed it in the garbage when the car was shipped to my house)

And with the case of my local infiniti dealer, they refused to even install the tow-hook-adapter for the front plate, and said that they only drill holes on the front bumper. That's retarded.