G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

10mm holes drilled into my front bumper!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2006 | 01:50 PM
|
Angry 10mm holes drilled into my front bumper!!

I've had my car for three weeks and had never got the chance to remove my ugly front license plate. So last night I remove my plate and mount to find two holes on either side of my two hook cover!! Needless to say, I was pissed. I can't believe my dealership failed to notify me that my plate was actually drilled into my bumper. So I will be calling them today and demanding that they swap out my bumper for another one in their inventory. What do you the probability is that they will comply with my request, even though I'm completely justified for asking for it to be fixed. If they give me crap and don't want to comply what should i do?? Thanks alot guys.

Old 08-01-2006 | 02:12 PM
Unless you told the dealer not to install the front plate in advance, I think they have to comply traffic law and install the front plate (regardless the method they use) for you. My guess is that wou will need to pay from your pocket and frefill those two holes.

Old 08-01-2006 | 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by unfadable
I've had my car for three weeks and had never got the chance to remove my ugly front license plate. So last night I remove my plate and mount to find two holes on either side of my two hook cover!! Needless to say, I was pissed. I can't believe my dealership failed to notify me that my plate was actually drilled into my bumper. So I will be calling them today and demanding that they swap out my bumper for another one in their inventory. What do you the probability is that they will comply with my request, even though I'm completely justified for asking for it to be fixed. If they give me crap and don't want to comply what should i do?? Thanks alot guys.

I notice your from Nor CAL. When I bought my car ( 3 months ago ) I had to sign a waiver stating that I knew there was no front plate on the car and if I got pulled over, I would be responsible for the ticket... Hope this helps...?

Old 08-01-2006 | 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by hydromaroc
I notice your from Nor CAL. When I bought my car ( 3 months ago ) I had to sign a waiver stating that I knew there was no front plate on the car and if I got pulled over, I would be responsible for the ticket... Hope this helps...?
yup me too....and I refuse to drive with a front plate. I can't see the holes while driving...

Old 08-01-2006 | 04:27 PM
|
Originally Posted by djvic
Unless you told the dealer not to install the front plate in advance, I think they have to comply traffic law and install the front plate (regardless the method they use) for you. My guess is that wou will need to pay from your pocket and frefill those two holes.
That's not necessarily true. The dealership is not required by law to pre-install all front license plates on vehicles that they sell. My guess is they mounted it to show off their dealership tags. I know for a fact that the last two mercerdes my family bought, they specifically ask you beforehand whether you want your front plates on or off. In my case I was never given an option to have my plate on or off, and they didn't notify me that it was drilled in. Otherwise I would have refused the vehicle before taking it to delivery. The car is only three weeks old, so this should be resolved. I'm still waiting on a call back from my salesperson at infitinit of oakland, so ill let you know how it goes.

Old 08-01-2006 | 04:30 PM
You'll be better off here:
http://www.bumperplugs.com/
than holding your breath until the dealer swaps bumpers for you.

Old 08-01-2006 | 04:36 PM
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d05/vc11713_17.htm

California - Vehicle Code
Front License Plate Bracket

11713.17. (a) Following the retail sale or lease of a motor vehicle for which the department issues two license plates, a dealer may not deliver the motor vehicle unless either of the following occurs:

(1) The motor vehicle is equipped with a bracket or other means of securing a front license plate.

(2) The dealer obtains a signed written acknowledgment from the person taking delivery of the motor vehicle acknowledging both of the following:

(A) The person expressly refused installation of a bracket or other means of securing the front license plate.

(B) The person understands that California law requires a license plate to be displayed from and securely fastened to the front of the motor vehicle and that the hardware necessary to securely fasten the front plate is available from the dealer.

(b) A manufacturer or distributor may not sell or distribute in this state a new motor vehicle for which the department issues two license plates, unless that motor vehicle is equipped or provided with a bracket or other means of securing the license plates.
Added Sec. 1, Ch. 365, Stats. 2004. Effective January 1, 2005.

Old 08-01-2006 | 04:46 PM
Dude calm down. Don't get your panties all bunched up. We all have that situation with our front bumper. Well most of us.

Old 08-01-2006 | 04:56 PM
HEHEHE,a bit of salt. I specifically asked NOT to have the bracket installed.

If it becomes an issue with the law I will look into the tow hook adapter.

Old 08-02-2006 | 11:38 AM
No holes, no front plate, no waiver!...I would have crapped a monkey if they had drilled holes in my bumper just to mount a stupid dealer plate..

Old 08-02-2006 | 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by uberchicken
HEHEHE,a bit of salt. I specifically asked NOT to have the bracket installed. .
At least your dealer let you decide.
The local dealer over here refused to honor such a request, even after I told them about the tow-hook-adapter. (Similar to how they refused to sell a car without the NW Protection Package bs).
So I told them to shove it, and bought my car from an out-of-state dealer.

Old 08-02-2006 | 11:48 AM
THE BATMOBILE
the dealer will most likely not give you a damn thing..........best bet is to grab some bumper plugs

Old 08-02-2006 | 12:05 PM
Overglorified Altima
bumper plugs. or you can fill the holes but thatll cost you a pretty penny. or just get an aftermarket bumper

Old 08-02-2006 | 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by avs007
So I told them to shove it, and bought my car from an out-of-state dealer.

Yep, I live in VA and bought mine from Grubbs (Texas) and I didnt have a front bumper on mine, cuz the dealer told me that Texas only requires one license plate.

Old 08-02-2006 | 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by KlokDeezal
Yep, I live in VA and bought mine from Grubbs (Texas) and I didnt have a front bumper on mine, cuz the dealer told me that Texas only requires one license plate.
He didnt know what he was talking, texas requires two plates, you got lucky.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 10mm holes drilled into my front bumper!!