G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Is the G35 coupe losing ground?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 04:36 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jayelleseven
no need to check. they have the title of 'best car of the world'

Im not saying Infiniti isnt doing well Im jus saying that their 3 Series cant be beaten by Nissan or Lexus or even Mercedez. and I never said that a car is better b/c costs more.
Again, I would only say it for Him...where's your sounce on this? You said no need to check but he asked you to state it.

Anyway, I like the all the cars...comes down to looks AND price. Of course, there's a new player here, even though it is a sports car, which is the Cayman. The new entry level is suppose to start about $45k? I've seen those cars and they are way better looking then the IS350, Benz, and most definetly the BMW's 3 series. It's a toss up, but I think it looks better then my coupe

Old 08-14-2006, 04:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im not saying Infiniti isnt doing well Im jus saying that their 3 Series cant be beaten by Nissan or Lexus or even Mercedez. and I never said that a car is better b/c costs more.
I don't have either the time or inclination to be test driving as many cars as do the Car magazines. Hence when there is a consensus about a partcular model, and if you've been reading the car mags for the last ten years you'll see that nearly everyone rates the 3 seies at the top, I accept their conclusion. Hell, even Lexus and Infiniti acknowledge that BMW is at the top by constantly comparing their offerings to BMW.

Granted the price of BMWs is higher than their Japanese counterparts, but when you include the 4 year/50K free service, it's not as bad as it seems. If you follow Infiniti's recommended service intervals, you would get four A services, and two B and C services in four years. At my Dealership this would add up to around $2K in service charges over four years and 50K miles.

Old 08-14-2006, 04:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i dont undersatnd why everyone sais the 3 series is so much better than a g35! i mean ive driven quite a few 330's and 325's. the 325 is just really slow, no comparison to the G the 330 is faster but still no G. no im not one of those people who praisee the g35. its just that if your camparing our car to somethign else at least compare it to the new is350 which is a lot nicer than any 330. 330's are wayy overpriced and the interior is horrible not sure about the e90 but the e46 dosent handle well at all. just my 2cents

Old 08-14-2006, 07:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I cant believe you would take a 330i over a 6MT. You wouldnt feel like your getting ripped off at the end of the day, paying that much more money?

not askin you to one way or the other, just asking, why, knowing the prices difference

Old 08-14-2006, 07:45 PM
Location: socal--not leavin this place, jus takin over it one venture at a time.
Originally Posted by JEVERYDAY
I cant believe you would take a 330i over a 6MT. You wouldnt feel like your getting ripped off at the end of the day, paying that much more money?

not askin you to one way or the other, just asking, why, knowing the prices difference

When did I ever say Id take the 330i? haha. I chose a 05 6MT coupe vs a 3 Series last yr when I made my purchase...

It was difficult but no regrets, def. enjoy the G :]

As far as the argument, the 3 Series overall is a better vehicle but not exactly a better VALUE_ thats all

and for sources, man I shouldnt have to cite them, doesnt everyone see em.. like Everywhere? Commercials included_

Old 08-14-2006, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by pdjafari
^^please site your sources. dont just make claims w/o a source. Infiniti has been named on the top 10 for most reliable behind lexus. the coupe also has the best resale value of any car (2003-2005)...go check edumunds for the 'sources'. and since when does something which costs more money=its better??? please....

Listen to this man...the Infiniti G35 sedan/coupe both are ranked 2nd in highest resale value, and they have consistently been in the top 10 rankings of most lists from Car&Driver to Edmunds.com. Regardless, the G35 coupe was designed to compete in the market against the BMW 330ci...and for the money....you pay considerably less for the G35 coupe for more car.

YES...the new BMW 3-series will have an option for twin-turbo, but I am sure infiniti will not stand still for such a "hostile" act (haha). Have faith in our cars people...afterall our parent company are the ppl that came out and will come out with the new Nissan Skyline.

On a side note...i am waiting for the day our car comes out with the new V6 350HP Twin-Turbo Infiniti G35 Coupe. wishingand waitingand hopingand praying

For fun...here's the video for the new Infiniti G35 coupe...purely exterior...no specs released: http://www.automobilemag.com/multime...coupe_concept/

Old 08-14-2006, 09:31 PM
It's always important to notice the correlation of car company ads in a particular mag with that mag's reviews of anything to do with said company.

just a fact, take it into consideration when reading.

dp_prime - HOLY **** THAT VIDEO. oh man, i want one.

Old 08-14-2006, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by Nismo G
GT-R is going to be the twin turbo VQ35 engine i believe. Thats whats going to compete with the 335i (kick is ***). Even though the GT-R will wear a nissan badge in the end nissan and infiniti are the same thing.
i really dont think the gtr is going to compete with the 335. If the gt-r is going to live up to its hype the 335 has no chance.

Old 08-14-2006, 10:32 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JEVERYDAY
AND furthermore, the price comparrison is COMPLETELY ridiculous between the two. My mother just bought a 06 BMW 325i and paid the same as I did for my 05 G35C 5AT, and I can DEFINATELY out perform hers. Lastly, the 330i and 335 are definately over 40K.
My friend bought his 325i over a year ago when they first came out for $27K. A pretty basic one, but when talking about BMW you have to say what options the car has because BMW charges you for all kinds of useless options which to me is the "overpriced" part. Like active cruise control, assist, comfort access, etc. If your mom paid for her 325 as much as you did for, say, a loaded '05 5AT, she overpaid by a LOT.

Originally Posted by savefatkids
its just that if your camparing our car to somethign else at least compare it to the new is350 which is a lot nicer than any 330. 330's are wayy overpriced and the interior is horrible not sure about the e90 but the e46 dosent handle well at all. just my 2cents
I will agree with you in that I'm not a fan of the e90 interior or exterior. But to say the IS350 is a lot nicer than the 330 is subjective. Personally I'm not a fan of either car, love the IS interior but the 330 steering and handling and overall road feel blow the IS away.

Old 08-15-2006, 03:56 AM
Location: socal--not leavin this place, jus takin over it one venture at a time.
lets jus leave it.. every car has its disadvantages for whatever price.

pick up Road n Track mag. and read the review of the Porsche 911 Turbo vs the Corvette Z06 vs the Ferrari F430.

the Z06 did better and jus about every part of the track they tested them all on and Obviously its the best overall value. but it placed 3rd.. everyone has their own opinion_

Old 08-15-2006, 12:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Finiti35
My friend bought his 325i over a year ago when they first came out for $27K. A pretty basic one, but when talking about BMW you have to say what options the car has because BMW charges you for all kinds of useless options which to me is the "overpriced" part. Like active cruise control, assist, comfort access, etc. If your mom paid for her 325 as much as you did for, say, a loaded '05 5AT, she overpaid by a LOT.
31K base(BMW 325i) vs. 33K base(G35). Still way too much, in comparrison to the G. But like you said BMW over charges you on options. I think they overcharge on all their autos PERIOD, IMO. Did my mother over pay, YES, but buying a BMW period, your going to overpay. Your friend, I doubt in FINAL PRICE was 27K. Also, he probably didnt get anything and stuck to the 3 BASIC colors of which they might have charged him another $500 for the PREMIUM paints. Dont get me wrong. I love BMW's but they just are not worth their money in comparrison to other cars, except for maybe their M series.