G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

My G35 Need Performance Tuning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 01:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its called APS turbo(st or TT). Go to GT Motorsport. I got the APS st, for the same reason as you. Two of my friends has an M3 and the other has a black 06 sti. And now, i can say bye bye to both of them. =)

Old 08-24-2006, 02:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
10g's plus install for an APS TT is kinda steep. But we all can dream. =)

Old 08-24-2006, 03:18 PM
G35 Drummer,

what is your budget?
what aspects of performance are you looking to improve?
are you interested in track performance or street performance?
is your car a daily driver? or are you ok with sacrificing comfort?

Old 08-24-2006, 03:51 PM
workin...

regarding mileage, urban on the forums averages 27+ with vortech and now his aps TT

Old 08-24-2006, 03:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tekknikal
G35 Drummer,

what is your budget?
what aspects of performance are you looking to improve?
are you interested in track performance or street performance?
is your car a daily driver? or are you ok with sacrificing comfort?
i haven't created a budget for this yet it's definitely a longterm project on my daily driver vcoupe to get respect on the street.

Thanks aHero4Eternity for the info i just didn't know what FI meant and everyone kept saying go FI go FI. i'm definitely not dropping 10G's on soemthign that'll brobably void my warranty to i'll have to compromise alot on extreme performance but as for now i'll take things one step i mean Mod at a time.

Old 08-24-2006, 04:19 PM
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by G35 Drummer
i haven't created a budget for this yet it's definitely a longterm project on my daily driver vcoupe to get respect on the street.

Thanks aHero4Eternity for the info i just didn't know what FI meant and everyone kept saying go FI go FI. i'm definitely not dropping 10G's on soemthign that'll brobably void my warranty to i'll have to compromise alot on extreme performance but as for now i'll take things one step i mean Mod at a time.
Just about any form of FI will void your warranty since it does so much to your engine and there is tons of work involved on a clean set up. As for an STi they're fast, theres no doubt about that but they're not insanely fast.

My friend has a stock STi who refuses to race me on a freeway and im not even FI.. and hes a very good driver. The STi gets a lot of its speed from its short gearing but that and the fact its AWD make it useless for freeway or high speed racing. He'll pull about two car lengths on me until 80 then it cuts to a car length and then after 90mph i start pulling fast on him... about 120 im up a car length or more... thats freeway racing tho i dont know how often you have a chance to do something like that. However for a good set you can look into this

Kinetix V+ Upper Plenum
Cold Air Intake
UR Light Weight Pullies
Cat-Back Exhaust
Kinetix Test Pipes, or HFC (High Flow Cats)
After-Market Headers
MREV2 Lower Plenum
HKS Twin Power Ignition System
Iridium Spark Plugs
Light Weight Fly Wheel

and to make everything work good together go with a ecu remap from a company called technosqaure... this is the set up im aiming for and with it you can be looking at putting down some high whp numbers, maybe even as high as 280whp with the right tunning.. if you want to go all out on an N/A G you can get it up a little past 300whp on a 6mt but you need to start doing some internal work such as a port and polish... however these mods will set you back a couple thousand but your G will be really mean and could take more G's out there as long as their not FI but you could definately take out an STI even from a dig.

Old 08-24-2006, 04:28 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by engs12
My friend has just a WRX not a STI. I haven't raced him yet, but he's always bragging about how his car is faster. Would a G win against a standard WRX?
Then wtf is he talking about? You should be able to smoke his A$$ without even trying.

Old 08-24-2006, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Then wtf is he talking about? You should be able to smoke his A$$ without even trying.
not if the wrx guy spends $40 on a manual boost controller

Old 08-24-2006, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
vortech s/c = 400+ whp!!!

lol

but itll cost you around 5500+ plus about 1500+ to install

best part about vortech s/c is you can keep the oem hood so youll be a sleeper

but since im not f/i myself im no expert or anything lol might want to check on the f/i forums

you can learn a lot there

good luck man
Yep i vouch for that...............491HP and going

Old 08-24-2006, 08:30 PM
Vrt Vrt Vrt Vrt

Old 08-24-2006, 08:39 PM
THE BATMOBILE
either drop a turbo or stop complaining

Old 08-25-2006, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by truplay8
either drop a turbo or stop complaining
+1

This is the #1 mistake of a lot of people. If you're going to Mod your car you have to know what you want at the end. If you start buying those bolt-on $%#@& you'll end up spending the same amount of money and yet don't have the power to show. If you want to be able to hang with the M3's, Evo, STI then FI is the only way to go and just save your money, else just be happy you have a nice looking car and just stop dreaming of being able to hang with them.

10G is only if you want a Twin Turbo. You can install a Stillen/Vortech/Single Turbo and be around $6-7G. If you're afraid to put a turbo coz it will void your warranty then do you thing buying those bolt-on will not void your warranty?

Last edited by FI'ed G; 08-25-2006 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:23 AM
I think if even if your shifting skills aren't up to snuff stock vs stock you can smoke the wrx
^^smoke? no.. I came from an 02 wrx guys. They may be uglyyyy but that thing MOVED when it hit boost. Im driving an 06 coupe right now. The driving feel is hella different. The wrx FELT sooo much faster than the G, mostly cause of the boost hitting around 2.8-3k. But regardless our Gs feel like slow pigs until you get them moving to me. If i remember correctly the WRX was 0-60 in about 5.4 seconds and a 1/4 mile in 14.2. You wont be smoking a stock manual WRX, esp if your not shifting perfectly, assuming the wrx is being driven well.

^^ On a side note, i had some dumbass kid by me come up to me and go " I wanna race you now man. My dad just put an exhaust and a cold...cold..cold air..? (i answer in, cold air intake?) "yeah yeah" on his coupe. Hes got like 100 more horsepower now." I laughed, alot and then just replied..no, you're wrong, really wrong. and walked away. lol

Old 08-25-2006, 04:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Could a new E60 BMW M5 beat a F1 G35?

Old 08-25-2006, 05:03 PM
i think you should go turbocharger not supercharger...i heard they are better for your engine and have better acceleration..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My G35 Need Performance Tuning