G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

My G35 Need Performance Tuning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 08:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My G35 Need Performance Tuning

I'm sick and tired of getting smoked by my buddy's 06 STI i know he can't out drive me, it's just that his car is faster.

Are there any copmanies out there that have created packages in stages to tune our g35 coupe to compete with cars such as the STI and EVO?

I'm talking pre-tuned setups in stages like they have it for these other cars from start to finish.

I know i'll probably need to take out a mortgage to get it done but i have to start somewhere.

Old 08-24-2006, 09:08 AM
You should have done your research before you bought a G if you wanted to drag race and win. Our cars have a nice balance of power, handling and luxury. They are not incredibly fast. You are not going to beat an STi unless you race a really bad driver or get a supercharger.

After he beats you, just say "Nice interior with the gay blue seats and ridiculous wing" and remind him its a Subaru! J/K, STi is a nice car, it's been debated a million times, our cars are just nicer in every way except for acceleration, and maybe a slight handling edge by the STi.

Old 08-24-2006, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by Alphaking
You should have done your research before you bought a G if you wanted to drag race and win. Our cars have a nice balance of power, handling and luxury. They are not incredibly fast. You are not going to beat an STi unless you race a really bad driver or get a supercharger.
Yeah i did my research and because of that i bought my coupe overall i know my coupe is the better buy, it's not everyday you want to drive a STI to work. lol

Originally Posted by Alphaking
After he beats you, just say "Nice interior with the gay blue seats and ridiculous wing" and remind him its a Subaru! J/K, STi is a nice car, it's been debated a million times, our cars are just nicer in every way except for acceleration, and maybe a slight handling edge by the STi.

Yeah good one next time i see him on the road i'll tell him.

However, Like the thread says PERFORMANCE TUNING that's what i'm talking about there's alot of potential under the hood of our coupe i'm just asking if anyone knows of companies that created packages/kits/stage upgrades to increase or let me say tap into that potential. Tuned Performance. i'm not talking just headers and exhaust (even thought that may not be a bad start).

Old 08-24-2006, 09:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you can setup your car to beat any factory car in production today, sub $200k... and many that cost more than $200k.

it all depends on your budget.

Old 08-24-2006, 10:19 AM
FI is the only way to go.

Old 08-24-2006, 10:27 AM
My friend has just a WRX not a STI. I haven't raced him yet, but he's always bragging about how his car is faster. Would a G win against a standard WRX?

Old 08-24-2006, 11:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I had my modified '97 Mitsu. GSX, I capatilized on it's assets as often as possible when racing. With 350HP or so, that was off-the-line performance that gave such an advantage that the other car couldn't catch up on the streets.

You'll have to take the same principle but different approach. Don't go from a standstill, as that AWD launch can eat you up. Instead, try to get him to agree to a rolling start where you're in 2nd gear. If he truly understands and values how much AWD is helping his launch, he probably won't go fot it. I mean, afterall, that's the attraction of the STi. But it's worth a shot.

If you want the power to smoke him, you'll have to go FI and have a HP goal that's sufficient enough to run him down after that AWD launch.

You could also run him at highway speeds as is.

Old 08-24-2006, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by engs12
My friend has just a WRX not a STI. I haven't raced him yet, but he's always bragging about how his car is faster. Would a G win against a standard WRX?
I think if even if your shifting skills aren't up to snuff stock vs stock you can smoke the wrx

Originally Posted by GT-Ron
You'll have to take the same principle but different approach. Don't go from a standstill, as that AWD launch can eat you up. Instead, try to get him to agree to a rolling start where you're in 2nd gear. If he truly understands and values how much AWD is helping his launch, he probably won't go fot it. I mean, afterall, that's the attraction of the STi. But it's worth a shot.
Well i did do that but our stock low end torque is still no match for an STI (which comes stock with turbo) turbo maximizes the STI lowend torque depending on it's tuning. Our coupes seem to have more high end torque (or maybe i'm just dreaming lol)

Originally Posted by GT-Ron
If you want the power to smoke him, you'll have to go FI and have a HP goal that's sufficient enough to run him down after that AWD launch.
FI????? more info please....

Old 08-24-2006, 11:33 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
vortech s/c = 400+ whp!!!

lol

but itll cost you around 5500+ plus about 1500+ to install

best part about vortech s/c is you can keep the oem hood so youll be a sleeper

but since im not f/i myself im no expert or anything lol might want to check on the f/i forums

you can learn a lot there

good luck man

Last edited by Calvin; 08-24-2006 at 11:36 AM.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:40 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've had an 05 STi before my G, and I can tell you this, 2nd gear in the STi around 15-20MPH is NOT A JOKE. People think its mainly the launch that gives it the advantage, no, its aggressive gearing. On the highway, you should be able to pull some, but not from a dig, and you might have a hard time from a roll. The STi was a great daily driver though, if you don't mind a little stiff suspension day to day. As for the G, FI is the only way I would go if you are thinking about that performance level, cause trust me its going to pi$$ you off when you drop $2K on bolt-ons and pick up around 30hp, and he drops the same and picks up 80.

All in all, theres more shock and awe watching a G35 Turbo put NJ Transit bus lengths on someone then an STi doing it!

Old 08-24-2006, 11:46 AM
With the supercharger, say goodbye to your mpg.

Old 08-24-2006, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by RockG
With the supercharger, say goodbye to your mpg.
Not really, lots of SC'ed even Turbo has kept the MPG the same. Plus you don't have to boost all the time, you can drive it without hitting boost for daily driving.

Old 08-24-2006, 12:42 PM
Who is this FI person i hear of?

FI FI FI FI Can someone tell me or give me a link or something please.
What is FI? a company, a person, a turbo kit?

Old 08-24-2006, 12:56 PM
Overglorified Altima
forced induction..turbo...supercharger...

Old 08-24-2006, 12:57 PM
Overglorified Altima
heres the link to the forced induction forum

https://g35driver.com/forums/forced-induction-24/

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My G35 Need Performance Tuning