G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Sell G35 for the EVO IX???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 09:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excuse my ignorance, but what does everyone mean when the say TT?

Old 08-31-2006, 09:41 AM
TT- Twin turbo
FI- Force Induction
CXW- Crazy X wife

ppp

Old 08-31-2006, 11:45 AM
Evil Bastard
Isn't there an EVO X coming out?

Old 08-31-2006, 11:50 AM
yes evo X is comming out...

If i recall it was estimated late 2008.

expect it to be $$$$$ bumped from sticker price.

tonz of new tech & luxury in it, plus bugs.

I think it'll even have cruise control !

ppp

Old 08-31-2006, 12:12 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Evo's are for boy racers.... Ill stick to my G. Perfect blend of luxury, comfort, and performance

Old 08-31-2006, 12:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
keep the g and wait for the evo X

Old 08-31-2006, 12:55 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Evo's are fast as hell and kick *** at the track, but based on what I've seen with everyone I know who owns a Mitsubishi.... I wouldn't want to deal with them for warranties, and parts purchasing for repairs.

Wait till the new Evo comes out, test drive it and then you'll have a better idea where you stand with that car and your G35.

Old 08-31-2006, 02:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by usuckpoo
U gotta be kidding an Evo is much better equipped than any sti. Fundamentally it has a stronger engine, stronger gearbox, and its quicker point to point too.
the evo also runs24psi compared to the STi's 16... i think the interior on the STi is better (neither compare to the G's) and i think the STi's seats grip much better than the evos recaros. in what way is the evo's engine stronger??? everyone i know whos owned a mitsu will fess up, their cars are not very reliable in comparison to many out there. only reason for the evo i see being betteis because its lighter. honestly i wouldnt want to be driving around a car with 24psi. subaru dealrship near me in irvine also offeres increadible customer service and are mod friendly

Old 08-31-2006, 02:23 PM
I don't see how an EVO is "much better equipped than any STi". At least I have cruise control in my STi. However, the EVO is a better handling car that is much more responsive to mods. The EVO is good for over 500hp with stock internals. The gearbox is weaker than the STi though. Just look on the EVO forums for all the tranny problems. EVOs are a hair quicker, but the STi has a much better powerband for everyday use because of the extra .5 liter. Mitsubishi also has more crappy dealers. It's not a clear victory for either side. The EVO MR is an awesome car if it weren't for the higher price.

You will miss the luxury of the G though. One of the reasons I chose the STi over the EVO was because of the poor interior layout and quality in the EVO.

In the end, drive what YOU want. Don't base your decision on how others perceive you. I have a STi and I really don't see what's so hard about ignoring the asshats that want to race all the time. What are we, 12? I can ignore some juvenile peer pressure. Having a G35 and a STi in the garage, I've realized that the G35 is all about form over function, while the STi is all about function over form. For you folks who think that the STi and the EVO are just boy racer cars, I suggest you take one for a test drive or at least go for a ride in one. Your opinions will change. I love the "I don't give a damn what you think" attitude that the EVO and STi convey.

Old 08-31-2006, 02:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Keep the G... Real grown man

Old 08-31-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by LIUser
the evo also runs24psi compared to the STi's 16... i think the interior on the STi is better (neither compare to the G's) and i think the STi's seats grip much better than the evos recaros. in what way is the evo's engine stronger??? everyone i know whos owned a mitsu will fess up, their cars are not very reliable in comparison to many out there. only reason for the evo i see being betteis because its lighter. honestly i wouldnt want to be driving around a car with 24psi. subaru dealrship near me in irvine also offeres increadible customer service and are mod friendly
I think you're one of the few people who think the STi seats are better than the EVO's. I would trade my STi seats for the Recaros anyday if they had side air bags and came in blue. The Recaros are amazing compared to the too-wide STi seats. All else you said is pretty much true. The STi runs more like 14.5 psi. I think the suspension set-up on the EVO is a bigger factor than the weight though.

Last edited by rasetsu; 08-31-2006 at 02:29 PM.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:31 PM
I'll just sell you my G for 40K with only 15,000 miles on it. You can look good have luxury and spank the Evo!!!

Old 08-31-2006, 02:45 PM
I wanted an STi but decided on the G. In my opinion, at 50K (in Canada) the STi is way way overpriced. It's like 25% more than the converted US price. That and the 04, 05's didn't come with HIDs in Canada. Although I know it (STi) would be a crazy fun car, when it comes to daily driving the G is way more than I need. Lots of passing power, good handling, little bit of luxury. I don't regret anything.

If I wanted a weekend track car, I might get a STi or an EVO (assuming the ever sell them in Canada). On the other hand, why not get an M3? Best of both worlds (well maybe not but still pretty nice).

Old 08-31-2006, 02:48 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by JDM V35
I'll just sell you my G for 40K with only 15,000 miles on it. You can look good have luxury and spank the Evo!!!
now thats what im talking about!!!

Not only would an FI G35c spank all the stock evo's and STI's out there, it looks 100034345454 times better than an evo and sti could ever look.

Its only fair to compare a SC or TT G35c with evos and sti's as they are also TT

Old 08-31-2006, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by Woblin_Goblin
I wanted an STi but decided on the G. In my opinion, at 50K (in Canada) the STi is way way overpriced. It's like 25% more than the converted US price. That and the 04, 05's didn't come with HIDs in Canada. Although I know it (STi) would be a crazy fun car, when it comes to daily driving the G is way more than I need. Lots of passing power, good handling, little bit of luxury. I don't regret anything.

If I wanted a weekend track car, I might get a STi or an EVO (assuming the ever sell them in Canada). On the other hand, why not get an M3? Best of both worlds (well maybe not but still pretty nice).

Since you live in the Canada, I don't blame you. The price on the STi is horrendous there, but you get a trunk pass through. There have been several people who travelled down to get the STi in the US and bring them back up to Canada. The taxes they have to pay are still cheaper than if they bought it in Canada. Crazy.

I think the G offers the best balance of luxury, style, and sport for the price.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sell G35 for the EVO IX???