G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Things that bug you

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 02:48 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Things that bug you

"It's called a sports car...it has a sport suspension".
Why does a brand new G35 coupe bottom out? Your explanation is because it's a "sports car"? I also had a Porche before a "sports car" but never bottomed out no matter how hard I drove it or driving on that dip on my way to work.

"Your Integra and TL are not sports cars". I know that these cars are not sports cars just comparing old technology to a new one.

"If you don't know how to, or are not willing to learn the driving differences between regular cars and sports cars, then maybe you should go back to your TL". I guess being a member of SCCA pro circuit and pro rally club is not going to cut it in this car. I have to wait and learn from other G35 drivers like you to learn how to drive a "sports car". Oh I can't go back to my TL "cus I traded the damn thing for the G35C

"This car was made this way for a reason." What reason might that be? Can you explain to me further why it was made or designed to bottom out on a dip with sport suspension on it?

"You have to adjust your driving habits." And what kind of driving habits should I adjust too?

"It's like saying, I bought a Yukon Z71 and it doesn't go around corners like my Honda Accord did...it's suspension sucks." Well a Yukon can go 4 wheeling on rough terrain as well, but an Accord can't ....so what's your point?

"Have you never driven even a lowered car before...?" My 91 Integra has a 1.5" drop with 17"rims on it. The Porche was lower than the stock setup for the G35. E-class, 540 that I owned was dropped as well. Heck My G right now is dropped....!

Hey Hosh relax man this is not to bash the G35 or anyone for that matter. If you remember this thread is titled "The things that bug you" and those are the things that bugs me on my G. This is not necessarily true for everyone but for me these are what things that I observed on my car.

<font color=blue> </font color=blue>

Old 10-17-2003, 02:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it bugs me that people can't spell Porsche.

if you really owned one i think you would know how to spell it.

BTW i don't think of the G as a "sports car". i bought it over the 350Z because it was less harsh and a little more practical.

it is a luxury ok near luxury sports coupe. i do like it a lot, it is a good compromise of sport and comfort...and looks.

Old 10-17-2003, 03:32 PM

I actually agree with everything that Z06ified said about things that bug him! Those are all very true, and another thing that bugs me about this car...is the stock BLING BLING front nose grill....looks like butt...IMO, no offense.

What else bugs me is:
1.) the plastic cover that is over the outside temp, compass, and the AC details...mine is scratched to shat, cuz i wiped the dust once from it, with a damn rag!! cheap plastic.

2.)Cheap shift **** paint, that is really dumb...cuz that should be painted more durable since ur gonna always have to be touching it.

3.)And the gauges are really to simple in my case...i dont like them too much, should have a little more character to them.

4.)No Seat memory positions.

5.)Cheap plastics in the interior!

but besides all that i really like my G35, dont love it...just really like it! The only G i love is the GTR!

2004 G35 Coupe 6MT
www.zombie-house.com

Old 10-17-2003, 03:54 PM

---"My 91 Integra has a 1.5" drop with 17"rims on it. The Porche was lower than the stock setup for the G35. E-class, 540 that I owned was dropped as well. Heck My G right now is dropped....! "---

In a previous post you wrote:

"My integra had stock suspension 'til i changed it last summer it never bottomed out on that dip'"

Which one is it...? did it bottom out or not...? Was it lowered or stock...? So you're saying that it bottomed out once you lowered it...? Then you really have no argument because then it's a lowered car, just like the G (yes, I realize the G is not 'lowered' but it is lower than the majority of the cars on the road).

"Operator, give me the number for 911!"
- Homer Simpson

Old 10-17-2003, 03:57 PM

The integra never bottomed out stock or lowered.

Old 10-17-2003, 04:02 PM

Sorry if the spelling bothered you that much. No hate bro I'm not perfect like some other people...!

Old 10-17-2003, 04:39 PM

ahhhh...I don't know...you sure seem like quite the perfectionist the way you picked my post apart line by line...

- Homer Simpson

Old 10-17-2003, 04:55 PM

Sorry man no hate on this like I said this are just things I observed on my car. It just annoyed me when my car did that with about 700 miles on it. Anyways, I still love my G in fact I can't wait to get home take the cover off and just drive around. Peace!

Old 10-17-2003, 05:16 PM

Hey...no worries...it's Friday for God's sake !!!! Time to get drunk and forget about the work week. Have a good one. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

- Homer Simpson

Old 10-17-2003, 05:32 PM

I liked Z06ified's post, and agree with his list of 10 items, though some are no big deal, like the NAV lack of touch screen.

When I first got the car, the NAV was yelling 'open door' at me, just as he mentioned. It took me quite a while to figure out that the trunk was open.

The only other beef I have, that hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet, was that the air intake for the A/C gets some hot air mixed in from the engine compartment. I know there's a DIY fix in the forum, and I have read it, but not sure I really understand it.. Some pics would have been helpful.

Oh.. and the Bose system sucks ****.. but I'm in the process of having that 'fixed'.

but.. I do love my G!

Old 10-17-2003, 06:34 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

After owning quite a few cars in my 54 years I think it's funny that with all these complaints about pretty much trivial stuff, this car is hot as a firecracker!, still in great demand and just about everyone loves it! Let the complaint list get longer... I personally think after all the expensive german cars I have owned... this is a great value with performance and looks to go with it! I'll live with the strangling seatbelt! By the way... those $120,000 + Mercedes have MAJOR quality issues as well. (not to mention the cheap interior plastics)

04 G35C/IvoryPearl/5AT/Premium

Old 10-17-2003, 07:01 PM
Seat Belt Problem SOLUTION...

My number one concern when I test drove my G35 Coupe was the seatbelt digging in my neck. If you are 6' or taller it is not as bad, but for those of us who are a bit shorter, here is the solution.
If you will notice, the seatbelt buckle (next to the console) is attached to a long metal bar.
While sitting in the seat, BEND the metal bar toward your hip until it is as close to your hip as possible. I am 5' 8" and 165lbs. My seatbelt no longer rubs my neck in any way....
(This should work on the passenger side as well) Of course, I've never sat over there.

Hope this works for you who need it....

Black/Graphite Coupe
6-Speed
Premium/ Non Navi
Aero Package

Old 10-18-2003, 02:56 AM
Re: Seat Belt Problem SOLUTION...

the Bose sounds like a POS

Old 10-23-2003, 06:23 PM

OK - here's a nit-picking complaint I haven't seen elsewhere. The upper glove box, the space you get if you do not have the NAVI, is just a tad too small to take two CD cases side-by-side. If the designer had allowed maybe a quarter inch more width in the back we could hold 6 CD cases in there.

Bad designer, bad.

Old 10-23-2003, 07:27 PM

I really love my G but these are things tht could be IMPROVED, IMO.

1) Bose Tweeters...
2) Nav slot space like mentioned above
3) Could have like clearcoated the plastic interior or made it real metal so it would look nice AND be durable...
4) I'm short @ 5'6; I have no problems with it cutting off my neck, BUT I don't like how it scratches up the side.. They could have made the belts attach into the seat like some BMW's.
5) Wish they had full gauges.. (ie Tire pressure, oil pressure, battery, stopwatch maybe ... ) kinda like the 350z.. I was thinking about putting the gauges where the NAV should go since I don't have one.

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Things that bug you