G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Qs about a potential G35c purchase

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 01:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qs about a potential G35c purchase

I have a couple of questions about this '03 G35c (36k miles):

- The seats say something like SRS Bags on a tag on the side. Does this mean that it has side impact airbags? Most cars that I have seen that have side imact airbags actualy have plastic "panels" on the side of the seat where the airbag is stored, but this G35c is leather all around

- How much are replacement seat headrests & top console door, & where is the best place to get them. The previous owner installed his own (crappy) DVD system (not nav) in the car. The monitor is on the top of the center console where that little curved "door" is. That door is missing, and I'd like to get a replacement. He installed DVD screens on the back of the headrests, and the screens look like a crappy instal. Very sloppy. So I'd like to get a pair of replacement headrests.

- Heated seats *seem* to do nothing. Is this covered under warranty (nice thing about the car is that it stil has a full year left on the bumper to bumper warranty).

- The aluminum colored door handle on the driver's side is showing signs of real weaR IN TERMS OF THE "ALUMINUM" FINISH RUBBING OFF. (sorry, caps lock). Is this piece of plastic easily replaced? Or is it a real pain in the ***?

- in the back seat there is that little console between the seats. The "door" that opens up to the storage compartment underneath loks pretty worn. Is there an aftermarket replacement? Something that would look more like a real armrest?

- The driver's side seat has a smal 1 inch rip in the leather right near where the seat & seatback meet, but on the side. Is this something that is easily fixable w/o looking like a patch?

Other than that everything looks great about the car.

Thanks!

Brain21

Old 09-05-2006, 09:58 AM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by brain21
I have a couple of questions about this '03 G35c (36k miles):

- The seats say something like SRS Bags on a tag on the side. Does this mean that it has side impact airbags? Most cars that I have seen that have side imact airbags actualy have plastic "panels" on the side of the seat where the airbag is stored, but this G35c is leather all around

- How much are replacement seat headrests & top console door, & where is the best place to get them. The previous owner installed his own (crappy) DVD system (not nav) in the car. The monitor is on the top of the center console where that little curved "door" is. That door is missing, and I'd like to get a replacement. He installed DVD screens on the back of the headrests, and the screens look like a crappy instal. Very sloppy. So I'd like to get a pair of replacement headrests.

- Heated seats *seem* to do nothing. Is this covered under warranty (nice thing about the car is that it stil has a full year left on the bumper to bumper warranty).

- The aluminum colored door handle on the driver's side is showing signs of real weaR IN TERMS OF THE "ALUMINUM" FINISH RUBBING OFF. (sorry, caps lock). Is this piece of plastic easily replaced? Or is it a real pain in the ***?

- in the back seat there is that little console between the seats. The "door" that opens up to the storage compartment underneath loks pretty worn. Is there an aftermarket replacement? Something that would look more like a real armrest?

- The driver's side seat has a smal 1 inch rip in the leather right near where the seat & seatback meet, but on the side. Is this something that is easily fixable w/o looking like a patch?

Other than that everything looks great about the car.

Thanks!

Brain21
1.yes
2.do not know,but i would try a junk yard first www.car-part.com
3.the door panel has to come off to replace it.pita
4.no
5.check with a upolstering shop(i know its spelled wrong).

Old 09-05-2006, 08:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For your headrest question you can find ones that tilt forward for 200 each. Might be a little pricey, but the oem headrests don't move forward. Only up and down.