G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

1st time key

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 11:00 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
There is no reason. PERIOD! And if I see you doing it, your getting a flying tackle in the parking lot, a beat down, and then hauled off to jail. I WILL testify also.

Old 09-06-2006, 11:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
to op:
sorry to hear what happen, but at least insurance is covered, and the car was in a drivable condition when you got there. hope everything works out and your car will be back to her old self soon!

to vt_maverick:

there's never any valid reason for key a car, the fact what you would consider any reason as a valid one only degrades you from a civilized person to a lowlife punk.

What you gave as reasons for keying a car is basically following the "eye for an eye" style of thinking. If everyone thought that way, we'd all be blind.

if you really wanted retribution for someone parking over two spots or whatever, call the parking garage owner and get the car towed away instead if it irratates you to no end. Leave the petty vandalism to the punks.

Old 09-06-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by JBKFizzle45
Listen we can all pat ourselves on the back for paying our own way thru school, paying back parental loans WITH INTEREST, skipping meals to afford the monthly payments on the G blah blah blah ...
The bottom line is, whether you bought it yourself, or it was a gift doesn't make you more or less worthy as the owner ...
I totally agree with you here. I only made those statements because others seemed to believe exactly what you are criticizing - that somehow I must not have any respect because I didn't work for the car myself. I was just trying to rebuff that particular angle, not make the argument that people who didn't pay for it themselves deserve a lesser degree of consideration.

You want an analogy? Thats like me being bullied by a jewish kid at school and then spraypainting a swastika on the front of a temple or a Jewish person's home or keying one into his car - Yeah sounds drastic but according to your logic I would be well within my rights.
A Jewish person bullied me, I was subjected to their "stupidity and ignorance" and now to teach them a lesson, I deface their property.
This analogy is not appropriate either. If you tag something with a swastika symbol because you felt offended by a Jewish person, that's clearly a racially motivated hate crime. If I were advocating keying people's cars because I think their race are the scum of the earth, then your analogy would be more accurate.
Some people have some seriously warped concepts around right and wrong.
I don't think so. It doesn't seem like anyone here disagrees with me that jerk parking jobs are inconsiderate, it's just that they disagree with the level of retaliation that is acceptable.
If someone takes up 4 spots - shake your head and move on...that you would actually take time out of your life to go out of the way and destroy another persons property just because you think they are "inconsiderate" is absolutely ludicrous.
It actually doesn't take that long, since you can just hold the key out as you walk past. I'm not going for the gang symbol tag job - just a simple wake-up call.

Old 09-06-2006, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by noodleman
if you really wanted retribution for someone parking over two spots or whatever, call the parking garage owner and get the car towed away instead if it irratates you to no end.
You're right, and this is absolutely the first and best option. It's just that its not likely to ever happen in a mall parking lot, since people hate to offend customers. On the other hand, a parking garage makes its money based on cramming as many cars in the garage as possible, so they're much more likely to take action.

Last edited by vt_maverick; 09-06-2006 at 11:15 AM.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by Texasscout
There is no reason. PERIOD! And if I see you doing it, your getting a flying tackle in the parking lot, a beat down, and then hauled off to jail. I WILL testify also.
Remind me not to move to TX.

Old 09-06-2006, 11:25 AM
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by vt_maverick
Don't move to California either......

Old 09-06-2006, 11:26 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts

You in a heap o trouble boy!

Old 09-06-2006, 12:02 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
^^^ LOL....I like that one.
It's so sad there's ppl/punks like this in todays society.
If there wasn't these kind of ppl, we wouldn't need comprehensive insurance coverage.

$0 deduct. I could get that too, but it would be very expensive. The higher the deduct, the lower in premium.

Sorry to hear of your keying. I'd be so mad and would want to key that punks eyes out, but then I'd be stepping down to that punks mentality.

Old 09-06-2006, 12:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lest we all jump on the bandwagon, I'll take one for the team.

Valid reasons to key a car:

1) Someone carelessly parks his/her vehicle (especially a big-a$$ SUV/truck) on the line in a heavily-used parking lot, preventing use of the next space or the ability to get in/out of your car
2) Someone diagonally parks their car NOT at the rear of the lot, thereby consuming 2-4 spaces that other drivers would love to use in a busy parking lot
3) You witness the car's owner key another car

Please feel free to add on your own...

Old 09-06-2006, 12:14 PM
Lest we all jump on the bandwagon, I'll take one for the team.

Valid reasons to key a car:

1) Someone carelessly parks his/her vehicle (especially a big-a$$ SUV/truck) on the line in a heavily-used parking lot, preventing use of the next space or the ability to get in/out of your car
2) Someone diagonally parks their car NOT at the rear of the lot, thereby consuming 2-4 spaces that other drivers would love to use in a busy parking lot
3) You witness the car's owner key another car

Please feel free to add on your own...

only if they keyed my car would i ever maybe ever key theirs, but a broken window might be just as good

Old 09-06-2006, 12:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man.. and you have to fix that clear bra on the hood also yikes man

Old 09-06-2006, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by Texasscout
Don't move to New Mexico either.

Old 09-06-2006, 12:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
about 2 yrs ago I was driving my aunts minivan on Rte.22 in NJ, doing about 55-60, this car doing maybe 40 on my drivers side floors it, gets in front of me, cutting me off & hits the brakes slowing down to about 20mph right in front of me
I slam on my brakes my front bumper actually touched his rear (very lightly) & he exits into Autoland parking lot. I almost got rear ended not to mention swirved & almost crashed into the median all for what? ....cuz this saswhole wouldnt miss his exit!!

1. I coulda focken died
2. my aunts insurance woulda went up
3. he woulda got paid cuz NJ stupid law is, no matter the circumstance if u rear end, its automatically 100% ur fault no matter what
4. 2 cars behind me almost crashed one almost rear ending me

I have never keyed a car before, but this IS a valid reason to do so!!!
needless to say after thinking for a min. I drove around the U-turn to come back & key his car, to my suprise he & his girl was still in the car talking (probly about him being an saswhole) when they saw me pull up their faces said it all.

long story short I punched him in the face & his girl called the cops but i was outa there before they came
if I didnt see him I woulda just keyed the car

though there are not many, THERE ARE VALID REASONS TO KEY SOMEONES CAR
(the reasons VT Maverick gave are not valid for keying)

Last edited by Paperchaser; 09-06-2006 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:45 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
If you want to do something about a person parking in 4 spaces, call the mall security and have their car towed, not key their car... destroying anyone's property for any reason is ridiculous.

Old 09-06-2006, 01:49 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Paperchaser
about 2 yrs ago I was driving my aunts minivan on Rte.22 in NJ, doing about 55-60, this car doing maybe 40 on my drivers side floors it, gets in front of me, cutting me off & hits the brakes slowing down to about 20mph right in front of me
I slam on my brakes my front bumper actually touched his rear (very lightly) & he exits into Autoland parking lot. I almost got rear ended not to mention swirved & almost crashed into the median all for what? ....cuz this saswhole wouldnt miss his exit!!

1. I coulda focken died
2. my aunts insurance woulda went up
3. he woulda got paid cuz NJ stupid law is, no matter the circumstance if u rear end, its automatically 100% ur fault no matter what
4. 2 cars behind me almost crashed one almost rear ending me

I have never keyed a car before, but this IS a valid reason to do so!!!
needless to say after thinking for a min. I drove around the U-turn to come back & key his car, to my suprise he & his girl was still in the car talking (probly about him being an saswhole) when they saw me pull up their faces said it all.

long story short I punched him in the face & his girl called the cops but i was outa there before they came
if I didnt see him I woulda just keyed the car

though there are not many, THERE ARE VALID REASONS TO KEY SOMEONES CAR
(the reasons VT Maverick gave are not valid for keying)
Even that doesn't justify you destroying his property OR hitting him in the face. You have no right to do so, so you almost crashed, key word almost, i've had people cut me off plenty of times causing me almost to crash, I didn't follow them home to punch them in the face... violence in reality doesn't solve anything, thats a 16 year old's solution to a problem

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1st time key