G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Clicking in the rear axle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 04:32 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I had mine fixed last week and all is good *crosses fingers* for now. Had the seat creaking noise fixed (for the second time) and the noise came back. It's currently at the dealer right now as they don't have a clue how to fix it, even after numerous tear-down ane rebuild of my seat If they say it's fixed and it isn't for my third time, the fourth time I will yell bloody murder at Infiniti, since they said Infiniti won't replace the entire seat so they literally have to fix by trial-and-error

Old 09-08-2006, 06:50 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
^ Def cross your fingers. I have had mine done twice.

Old 09-08-2006, 07:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they have to order the bolts that put the rear end back together. They said (not sure I would believe them if it were my dime, but...) that the bolts are one time use b/c the stretch during assembly (similar to head bolts) and *should* be thrown out and replaced each time.

The clicking is the axle getting dry at the spline. At least that's what the tech who fixed mine said.

Old 09-08-2006, 08:22 PM
Brian
Originally Posted by mkerley
they have to order the bolts that put the rear end back together. They said (not sure I would believe them if it were my dime, but...) that the bolts are one time use b/c the stretch during assembly (similar to head bolts) and *should* be thrown out and replaced each time.

The clicking is the axle getting dry at the spline. At least that's what the tech who fixed mine said.
Ok, that makes sense if it's something like a crush washer that they use when tightening up the assembly.
Axle clicking is a problem that needs to be addressed, don't ignore it if it happens to you.

Old 09-08-2006, 10:55 PM
_G_
Just took mine into the dealer for clicking on the right side. They fixed it for free and it took about 2 hours. Definitely take it to the dealer.

Old 09-09-2006, 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by AthensBlueG
Ok, that makes sense if it's something like a crush washer that they use when tightening up the assembly.
Axle clicking is a problem that needs to be addressed, don't ignore it if it happens to you.
The question is should it be addressed as soon as possible or during the next oil change?

Old 09-09-2006, 01:11 AM
MIC
I have a '05 and I'm getting the same clicking sound also. I'm going to set up an appointment for next week.

Old 09-09-2006, 01:34 AM
Brian
Originally Posted by NY350GT
The question is should it be addressed as soon as possible or during the next oil change?
Why delay? Your warranty will cover this. Bring a printout of the TSB to the dealership when you go in. Call them first to make sure the dealership you're taking it to at least claims to be familiar with the issue (you don't want to be the car they learn on!). Besides, they can give you a loaner if you schedule an appointment ahead of time. Why WOULD you wait?

Old 09-09-2006, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by AthensBlueG
Why delay? Your warranty will cover this. Bring a printout of the TSB to the dealership when you go in. Call them first to make sure the dealership you're taking it to at least claims to be familiar with the issue (you don't want to be the car they learn on!). Besides, they can give you a loaner if you schedule an appointment ahead of time. Why WOULD you wait?
The dealership i prefer is Devan Infiniti in Fairfield CT which is about an hour from the Bronx (Manhattan Infiniti is horrible and Pepe is known for destroying rims and not payin for them). And considering I work from about 7:30 to no earlier than 6 (equity research) it's a major inconvenience.

Old 09-09-2006, 02:53 PM
Brian
There are some good Infiniti dealerships on Long Island, wouldn't that be closer? Infiniti of Massapequa and Competition Infiniti in Smithtown are closer than 1 hour...aren't they?

Old 09-09-2006, 05:05 PM
To those folks who've taken theirs in once for the clicking issue: Was it fixed and remained fixed after the service? I've taken mine to two dealers for the clicking issue (twice) to be fixed, and both times as I pull out of the dealer lot its still clicking like the day before i took it in. Why is mine being stubborn?

Old 09-09-2006, 09:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Brought mine in and was delayed twice due to missing parts but once it was finally fixed, no more problems. It's been about 2 months now with no issues.

Old 09-10-2006, 12:20 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by stillen_i30
To those folks who've taken theirs in once for the clicking issue: Was it fixed and remained fixed after the service? I've taken mine to two dealers for the clicking issue (twice) to be fixed, and both times as I pull out of the dealer lot its still clicking like the day before i took it in. Why is mine being stubborn?
No mine was good for about 6months, and then it started again. But it has been over a year now since the second fix and no problems so far.

Old 09-11-2006, 07:25 PM
What is a TSB??

Old 09-11-2006, 07:36 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kraken316
What is a TSB??
Technical / Technician Service Bulletin (TSB)....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clicking in the rear axle