G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

black car scratch removel, black car compound, not possible? what to use?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 01:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation black car scratch removel, black car compound, not possible? what to use?

hey guys i just got my g35 coupe black obsidian last week

my old g35 coupe was white and i compounded it no problem...

well a few days ago someone dinged my rear bumber, i tried to compound as much out as i could, everything came out expcept the chips in the paint which can be touched up

i noticed that when i shined light at night on the rear bumper the whole section around the chips where even worse. after compounding, it looks like a frost dull spot on my bumper with little scartach line marks apeared.

i tried glazing and waxing but it didnt help.... did i scratch the clear coat too much, i never had this problem on my white coupe and i compounded the **** out of that car, can i reverse this effect any way, is there a certain compound to use on black cars?

Old 09-13-2006, 02:54 AM
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Old 09-13-2006, 09:44 AM
but whats good for black because now i have all mothers products and they didnt help

Old 09-13-2006, 10:59 AM
My pick, 3M Professional Products, 3M Hand Glaze PN39007, 3M Perfect-It Swirlmark Remover PN39009, 3M Perfect-It Show Car Paste Wax PN39526, 3M Detailing Cloth PN39016.

I have a black 04 and no swirl marks at all thanks to this system.

If you are buffing your car out with the perfect-it compound then be sure to use the foam buff pads they recomend, you would do this after a wet sand and before glaze and swirlmark remover.

Last edited by Mountian Pirate; 09-13-2006 at 11:03 AM.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:48 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mountian Pirate
My pick, 3M Professional Products, 3M Hand Glaze PN39007, 3M Perfect-It Swirlmark Remover PN39009, 3M Perfect-It Show Car Paste Wax PN39526, 3M Detailing Cloth PN39016.

I have a black 04 and no swirl marks at all thanks to this system.

If you are buffing your car out with the perfect-it compound then be sure to use the foam buff pads they recomend, you would do this after a wet sand and before glaze and swirlmark remover.
THis is great info and with product codes! I'm going to try the swirl mark myself.

Old 09-13-2006, 12:59 PM
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by ebuy929
but whats good for black because now i have all mothers products and they didnt help
I posted in a another post, this past weekend I did 2 coats of Z-PC fusion (with the 7424 machine) , 1 coat Z1, 1 coat Z5, a coat of Z8 and one coat of Z2 followed by another Z8.. I am sure if you did this routine on your car it would greatly help! The Z8 or Z1 would probably take care of it. I cant gaurantee it but I would give it a good shot. I too have no swirl marks .. just a mirror dark black finish that you can see yourself in pretty clearly. Seriously, I see the post about 3m and while experimenting is good and tempting.. I think I am a zaino user for life.... car looks outstanding after I did this routine...

Chris

Old 09-13-2006, 01:42 PM
The black paint on the G's is fussy to polish. If not done properly, you will get a haze from polishing which is what you are seeing. Search for posts by picus and you will find one where he did his black G. Basically you need to step down to a finer polishh and softer pads.

Old 09-13-2006, 01:45 PM
i used the sonus pads on my pc7424 and the sonus sfx1,2 its pretty gentle. Takes a long time though still no problems with the haze..Is it also possible that you pads are dirty or have some contaminants in them?

Old 09-13-2006, 02:30 PM
i dont want to polish it anymore lol i wanna get rid of that hasze asap

Old 09-13-2006, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by LI-G35Driver
I posted in a another post, this past weekend I did 2 coats of Z-PC fusion (with the 7424 machine) , 1 coat Z1, 1 coat Z5, a coat of Z8 and one coat of Z2 followed by another Z8.. I am sure if you did this routine on your car it would greatly help! The Z8 or Z1 would probably take care of it. I cant gaurantee it but I would give it a good shot. I too have no swirl marks .. just a mirror dark black finish that you can see yourself in pretty clearly. Seriously, I see the post about 3m and while experimenting is good and tempting.. I think I am a zaino user for life.... car looks outstanding after I did this routine...

Chris
detailing black cars for 30 years (yes i've played with zaino, I like the 3m better) and I don't think 3m is experimenting...it's a pro system
you won't find at pep boys, pro auto refinishing supply only for the most part....

ok, ok..so mebbe the pep boys comment was outta line (I know ya can't get zaino there)..my bad.
I'm just a die hard 3M user for many years and have had nothing but good results with their systems.

Last edited by Mountian Pirate; 09-13-2006 at 05:21 PM.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:34 PM
ahhh i dont want a system or anything i watn to easyly fix this haze ahhhh help please

Old 09-13-2006, 05:57 PM
U need to refine the polishing in order to get rid of the haze. Basically your pads or polish or both were too aggressive. Step it down to a softer pad and less abrasive polish and you will remove your haze.

Old 09-13-2006, 06:00 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Dude let me tell you...im putting a thread up about this as we speak. My black Coupe has 70,000 miles on it so you can imagine the swirl marks that are in it....considering i have not taken them out since i got the car.

A while back maybe a month ago or so i baught some Nu Finish scratch and swirl mark remover for clear coat finishes. I just got around to doing it today since it was overcast out and nothing to do. I washed the car 2 times to make sure that everything was off of it and i started the project of the day. Im doing this all by hand because my buffer blows it was like $30.00 at K-mart. I have only done half of the car since im doing it by hand and it is taking so damn long, but wow is all i can say. (This is for all you owners out there that had the problem with the tire shine on the paint....People were having problems getting tire shine on the paint and it was causing almost a liquidy look underneither the clear coat i put some one it and rubbed it in really well then waited maybe 10 minutes for it to dry and it was gone...so for those that have had this problem i highly HIGHLY recommed this Anyways, back to what i was saying all the swirl marks are gone as well as fine scratches its freaking amazing. I tried what you did with the compound and it F ucked up the area where i used it and i applied this stuff and it took it right out.

Im seriously thinking about writing the company to tell them how impressed i am with the product. I give it a A+ for sure.

I will post pictures up soon

http://www.autobarn.net/scratchdoctor.html --- Thats a picture of it there!

Last edited by Nismo G; 09-15-2006 at 11:26 AM.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:09 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Easy fix.......

First of all throw your rubbing compound away! It's
not good for clear coat paints. Find a good detail
shop in your area and pay the guy $20 to polish out
the hazed area your talking about.....your done......
problem solved. When you get home have a soda,
wax the area in question and relax.

Old 09-13-2006, 06:22 PM
nismo g u are the fukin man (hope ur not a female lol)

i just ordered that nufinish stuff i hope it removes the haze my copmpound left

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: black car scratch removel, black car compound, not possible? what to use?