G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

have you had the rear axle clicking FIXED? please reply....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 10:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow have you had the rear axle clicking FIXED? please reply....

On the rear axle clicking TSB issue; Has everyone that had this repair completed experienced that the repairs are done without new parts?
In other words, is it just adjustments/lube or has some of you needed any replacement part(i.e. axle, etc.)

I've read this but wonder what your experience has been:
( http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownershi.../ITB05-002.htm )

I wondering if my dealer will have to order parts? Its an 1.5 hour drive there i don't wanna make unless they have what is needed.

Thanks in advance....

Old 09-13-2006, 10:50 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
If you make an appointment to have it fixed with them, they will have the parts when you drop it off there. Just make sure you tell them on the phone what the problem is and that there is a TSB for the issue. They had my car back in a day when I brought it in for the Axel click work.

Old 09-13-2006, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by partyman66
If you make an appointment to have it fixed with them, they will have the parts when you drop it off there. Just make sure you tell them on the phone what the problem is and that there is a TSB for the issue. They had my car back in a day when I brought it in for the Axel click work.
Thanks for the reply. Thats what i assumed BUT the jerk in service at the dealer told me opposite. He said they wont order or get anything until they determine the prob.
I explained the issue and explained to my knowledge this common prob always ends up as the TSB axle issue, but he stuck to his reply.

Hence my question to you guys.

Did they say they replaced anything for yours? And has the noise came back?

Old 09-13-2006, 11:27 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
They replaced the screws on each side of the rear axel I believe. Mine was doing it from both sides.

The noise hasn't come back yet, but I just had it done like 800 miles ago. I don't think I've heard of anyone who had the repair having any issues with it returning... at least not from reading these boards.

Take pictures of your rims before you bring the car in. When I brought mine in, they scratched the insides of my lug holes up pretty bad as well as chipping a few spots around the lug holes with their air gun. I made em fix it and now it looks good as new.... but something you might want to prepare for in case they are sloppy at your place like they were at mine.

Old 09-14-2006, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by partyman66
They replaced the screws on each side of the rear axel I believe. Mine was doing it from both sides.

The noise hasn't come back yet, but I just had it done like 800 miles ago. I don't think I've heard of anyone who had the repair having any issues with it returning... at least not from reading these boards.

Take pictures of your rims before you bring the car in. When I brought mine in, they scratched the insides of my lug holes up pretty bad as well as chipping a few spots around the lug holes with their air gun. I made em fix it and now it looks good as new.... but something you might want to prepare for in case they are sloppy at your place like they were at mine.
Right on.

Old 09-14-2006, 01:09 PM
I just had my Coupe in this week for the TSB and they didn't have to replace any parts just lube the part that is shown in the TSB. Took about 1 1/2 hrs from start to finish and I got my car washed too.

I have to go take a peek at the wheels to see if everything is OK thou.

Old 09-14-2006, 05:26 PM
I had the rear axels clicking and it started abt 2 months back... about a couple of weeks back I took it to the dealer to get them fixed along with my service.... they did it in and it took a little more than 1/2 a day .... i enjoyed the loaner till then... they did put in some parts which they had in stock and it was done under warranty.... I didnt even have to mention the TSB.

The problem is fixed and I dont hear it anymore.

Old 09-14-2006, 08:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Replacement parts were on back order twice. My 04 AT was clicking on both sides. Fixed 2 months ago and no problems since.

Old 09-14-2006, 08:48 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Yup. Have had it done twice. The first fix lasted 6months or so, and it has been a little over a year since the second fix. Recently, I have started to notice a faint clicking sound again from the rear axel. Not too noticable right now, but I am going to keep an eye on it. Can you say lemon.

Old 09-14-2006, 11:39 PM
EF1
Dealer replaced both axle bolt sets at my 30,000 mile service..... around 2000 miles have past without the clicking returning. They only had one set in stock so I had a new G35 sedan loaner for 4 days until the parts came in from California.
2005 G35 Coupe MT

Old 09-14-2006, 11:48 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Optional
Fixed my right side and no clicking since the repair. They knew exactly what I was talking about and it was done in a couple hours.

No noises from the left side yet

Old 09-20-2006, 11:27 PM
good info so far, thanks....

Old 09-21-2006, 12:02 AM
i went to the dealership to have it fixed three times without success then i went to another dealership and they found out it was the tps that broke off into the wheel and thats what was causing the noise. they both sound the same. so that could be another possibility

Old 09-21-2006, 12:13 AM
done twice, after the second time i have yet to have any problems.

Old 09-21-2006, 01:54 AM
...done at 25K, have 58K now and no problems... They kept car overnight but I had a nice G sedan to use.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: have you had the rear axle clicking FIXED? please reply....