G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Follow up to my situation...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 04:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Follow up to my situation...

As many of you may have heard, the G got wrecked about 4 months ago. basically what happend is that some idiot in an Evo MR lost control of his car, and smashed into the driver's door with me sitting in the driver's seat. there were those who laughed at the situation, those who simply said "i wonder if he's selling his rims?", and those who were saddened by the misfortune of another proud G owner and wondered if i was ok. to those who wondered if i was ok, initially i was not. but after months of 2.5 months of limping around in terrible pain and taking pain killers, i'm glad to say that i'm feeling much better, with no residual pain and that i've been going to the gym getting myself back to normal. the only pain now is when i see a G on the road whether its stock or modded, i still get nostalgic...to those who were wondering if i was selling the Volks, unfortunately all of the upgrades went with the car, either to the junkyard or to the auction warehouse as the car was deemed a total loss. to those that laughed, good for you, i hope it was well worth the laugh. one day something tragic will happen to you or someone you know and there will be people that laugh too, its a fact of life. and about the car insurance, no i was not commiting any type of fraud, i told the insurance company exactly what happend, and they said "we will cover you for this accident, but please keep in mind that we will stop covering this type of situation very soon." there was no need to make up any stories or hide anything, and that is not how i operate, so please stop b*tching that my case will drive up your insurance rate because it didn't even drive my own rate up. didn't you hear, "Geico lowered their rates...again!" case closed

in any event, without going into gory details, the car was totalled, i am in good health, and i do have a few parts for sale:
18" stock rims with pilot sports, 6K miles on em.
stock suspension (shocks, springs, about 4K miles on em, and sways)
17" ASA KA3's with Blizzak WS-50's (about 40% tread on em).
stock floor mats.
make an offer for any of these items, metropolitan NY area preferred, but i'm willing to ship if you pay for it.

As for "what to do now?" i quit my job, and am going back to school full time to get my Master's and become a P.A. (any physician's in here that need a hand managing their patient load or put me up for an elective in your practice during my clinical year? critical care and/or cardiothoracic and/or plastic surgery preferred) i have settled on getting a honda fit as a commuter (i know...but at 38 mpg on regular gas its the most practical choice right now)...hopefully when i graduate and am making the big bucks i'll come back to the G and fully deck it out, or maybe the new GT-R would be nice.

in any event, thanks to all that were concerned, and thanks to all that gave positive feedback and advice, and thanks to the clowns who gave a good laugh from time to time.

Last edited by Profile4; 09-15-2006 at 04:52 PM.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:49 PM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
bump for the parts...

Wow P.A. is a good profession dude. My gf is in school for that right now and hopefully (*crosses fingers*) she'll be making alot too. Probz more than me

Good luck w/ the sale and school.

Old 09-15-2006, 07:51 PM
I assume that this was the video of the wreck involving the Evo and your G at a track event? If so that didn't look funny to me in any way shape or form. I'm glad to hear you're doing OK now. Good luck.

Old 09-15-2006, 08:10 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bravo! Good to read that you are better, now. I trust that your new direction will be quite productive. Go get em!

Old 09-15-2006, 08:13 PM
Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts
Just a little car info. The Toyota Corolla gets 41MPG is bigger and has more horse power and, due to the Fit being new, can be found for a similar price or cheaper. Just a little suggestion.

Old 09-16-2006, 12:24 PM
yea, unfortunately that was my (more like the G's) 15 minutes of fame on the internet...that video made top of the list on streetfire, hehe...5150DS, thanks for the suggestion, i'll look into that option as well...

Old 09-16-2006, 02:57 PM
a.k.a kleicoupe
Glad to see your okay, good luck with school!