G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

HELP! Stinking DEAD MoUse in my new G35!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2006 | 12:12 AM
|
HELP! Stinking DEAD MoUse in my new G35!!

It SMELLS SO BAD!! I've had my beautiful red G35 for about 4 months now, and have already put 10,000 miles on it. I love it....but a freakin' mouse got in somehow and built himself a nest under the back seat...we found that. But the little f#@Ker has died somewhere and we can't find it. We have pulled out the back seat and all the trunk parts... I have pulled up the passenger seat and carpet...found evidence,,insulation chewed away,,but no body.....

WHERE is THe In-Cabin Filter?? and how do I get into the ventilation system??? We are planning a drive to Las Vegas on Sunday, and the car stinks too bad to drive...ThIS SUCKS!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.....

Old 09-22-2006 | 12:13 AM
Brian
HOW did that happen? lololol I can't even imagine...

Changing the Air Cabin filter (I did a search and found this for ya)
http://g-owners.com/article_read.asp?id=29

However, I kinda doubt changing it will help. It's only a dust filter, not an odor filter. It's not a carbon-activated filter that will take away stink. I think you need to air out your car with the windows open and tear it apart top to bottom to find that little rodent! Good luck!

Last edited by AthensBlueG; 09-22-2006 at 12:21 AM.
Old 09-22-2006 | 12:17 AM
My G35 > Your G35
rofll my bad dude that completely sucks take it to the dealership for an analysis or something.. wow i know how that feels my mom left old food in it for 5 days and i didnt know there was food in my car till i cleaned it out and found it. My best advice is go to a carwash and buy those spray vanilla air fresheners for the road trip. Those do wonders and i LOVEE them. but for permanent treatment take it to the dealership so they can look everywhere and turn your car inside out.

Old 09-22-2006 | 12:50 AM
check the air cabin filter..ppl have found traces of mice in there before, he may be there. it coulda got stuck and wasnt able to get out.

Old 09-22-2006 | 06:01 AM
|
Now why couldn't I find that? Thanks for the link. I searched, really I did. Tomorrow morning I will check out the filter first. Some of the chewed insulation I found was right up there. I think the little critter may have climbed up into the ventilation system from the heater ducts under the passenger seat... (I think it may have gotten in by either being in some boxes I carried, or maybe it just jumped in the car).
I will let you know how it goes.....I have to find it. The stench is unbearable.

Old 09-22-2006 | 07:00 AM
GTT
G35 Twin Turbo
Try to use cat or dog to tell you where the ****er is !

Old 09-22-2006 | 07:20 AM
Originally Posted by AthensBlueG

Changing the Air Cabin filter (I did a search and found this for ya)
http://g-owners.com/article_read.asp?id=29

However, I kinda doubt changing it will help. It's only a dust filter, not an odor filter. It's not a carbon-activated filter that will take away stink.
You poor guy! I smell your pain! By the way, even though the factory unit is just a plain old dust filter, there is an activated charcoal replacement available from Infiniti. However, unless you find and remove that dead little stinker it's not going to make a difference what kind of cabin air filter you have. Good luck!

Old 09-22-2006 | 10:06 AM
Poor Little Mouse.

Old 09-22-2006 | 10:30 AM
Methane probe. Tell the police that Hoffa’s ring finger is in your car. They will tell you its just a mouse. You will say “my bad…but thanks”

Old 09-22-2006 | 11:16 AM
Fourlix,
Same thing happended to me ! Had the car for like 4 months... the mice built a nest in the cabin filter, and had babies. I took off in the G and must have cooked the babies or something... the smell was sooooooo bad I took it to the dealer and they replaced the filter and put some weird smell in my NEW car .... Sucks but I bet that the nest is in the cabin filter.
DEATH TO ALL MICE!!!!

Old 09-22-2006 | 11:33 AM
man that sucks. i was in college and a mouse died in our couch. we tossed in the dumpster, but i guess you can't do that with the G

Old 09-22-2006 | 11:35 AM
damn bro sorry to hear that.

Old 09-22-2006 | 11:52 AM
|
Well I found acorns and more loose insulation in the cabin filter, tore out the passenger seat and carpet. I took out the ash tray in the rear of the center console and...WHEW!!! Stink-O-Rama! SO he must be in the center console, which I can't figure out how to get out. I saw a thread somewhere about putting an MP3 player in a G35 which had detailed instructions on how to dissassemble the center console......Any help finding that thread would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-22-2006 | 11:57 AM
a.k.a kleicoupe
sucks man, just go to the dealer

Old 09-22-2006 | 01:02 PM
Love Poker!!!
That's similar to the car on pimp my ride where they found a big a$$ rat living in the car

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HELP! Stinking DEAD MoUse in my new G35!!