G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

winter...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 05:59 PM
a.k.a kleicoupe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
winter...

I was thinkin about winter today, mabe cuz its just around the corner . And i wanted to know if anyone on the forums takes there G off of the road for the winter, cuz thats what im thinkin of doin(from like Nov. till Mar.) I thought about gettin snow tires, but even if i got the i still wouldnt wanna drive the car is heavy snow. Also i have an 03 mazda tribute i could use for the months it is off the road. Im just scared im gonna take it off the road and regret doing it .

Old 09-24-2006, 06:26 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
i couldnt live without my g for that long. lucky for me, im in socal

Old 09-24-2006, 07:05 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by kleicoupe
I was thinkin about winter today, mabe cuz its just around the corner . And i wanted to know if anyone on the forums takes there G off of the road for the winter, cuz thats what im thinkin of doin(from like Nov. till Mar.) I thought about gettin snow tires, but even if i got the i still wouldnt wanna drive the car is heavy snow. Also i have an 03 mazda tribute i could use for the months it is off the road. Im just scared im gonna take it off the road and regret doing it .
If you've got another ride for the winter, then take the coupe off the road.
C.

Old 09-24-2006, 07:45 PM
just get snow tires and you'll be fine. i was able to drive my coupe all winter last year. there was only a few days where i had to leave it at home and that was when there was a snowstorm and the roads havent been plowed yet.

Old 09-24-2006, 08:45 PM
a.k.a kleicoupe
the other thing is that i would save a ton on insurace, cuz the mazda dsnt need collision, and is a whole lot cheaper to insure.

Old 09-24-2006, 10:07 PM
Personally I park mine for the winter for my own peace of mind. I know that I can get winter tires and probobaly have no problems, but there is always the chance something will happen. I'm more worried about the way other people drive. We had a huge snowstorm on thanksgiving last year and that was the day the G began hibernation. Incidentally it was also the day that I was t-boned by a woman who couldn't stop at a stop sign in the snow. Luckily I was in my Bronco, so no worries. It's also good because I can look forward to the spring when i can drive the car again.

Old 09-24-2006, 10:10 PM
Call the Cops
i used to be worried too
but i drove my coupe through 2 winters already, with the summer tires/19s

think about it, its not like its going to snow 24/7...
we never get any snow in november, so you dont have to worry about that month
in december january and febuary, its gonna snow like once or twice every two weeks. and its usually at night, and the roads are plowed by the time you go to work/school.

last winter, i left my coupe in the garage for only 3 days

Old 09-24-2006, 10:29 PM
^^^ where are you in CT? I never see any other coupes, I don't know about you. I think it's time for a connecticut G club There will be like 4 of us

Old 09-24-2006, 10:42 PM
well im from brooklyn so i kno wat ur goin thru..i wound up buying a set of used wheels with blizzak's for the winter, i personally don't think it's worth it to use another car for the whole season, unless it's already insured and u'd use it for the real bad snow days. if that's not the case then i say buy a set of wheels and tires

Old 09-25-2006, 12:11 AM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
I take mine off the road by fully winterizing it(long list of winterization steps that I won't get into here), and covering it up from mid November until about mid or late April. I don't unregister it or deinsure it though because it would cost me an extra 80 bucks to reregister the car in April and I want to have some coverage on the thing in case a tree were to fall on it in the yard or someone were to try to steal it or vandalize it in my yard(plus it sucks getting a new license plate number every year). I may drop my coverage on my G to a lower level though a bit during the winter months this year by dropping my collision coverage for the winter months altogether, reducing my per-incident maximums to the lowest level, and just keeping comprehensive in case of the above mentioned perils which could happen while it's parked in my yard. I'm not sure how much that would save me, but it's something I should definitely look into over the next month.

Old 09-25-2006, 02:19 AM
My G35 > Your G35
jsut move to socal.. i wish it would snow here sometimes.. in al my life ive never seen it snow here.

Old 09-25-2006, 02:24 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Msedanman
If you've got another ride for the winter, then take the coupe off the road.
C.
++111

Old 09-25-2006, 02:39 AM
My G35 > Your G35
jsut move to socal.. i wish it would snow here sometimes.. in al my life ive never seen it snow here.

Old 09-25-2006, 03:15 AM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by SeZkI
That's what I would freakin love to do. It's expensive here, cold, roads stink, and not enough people care about staying in shape in Mass.... not too mention over-the-top insurance rates, taxes, and corruption.

Old 09-25-2006, 09:50 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The G is my only car so I bought winter set of rims and tires, and I had a blast. I was expecting some problems in the winter, but with snow tires it gave me none, and I got a lot more respect and love for the G after the winter. Drive safe, use common sense, and you can have some fun. Enjoy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: winter...