Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 05:18 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
cru its ur turn to reply

Old 09-29-2006, 05:18 AM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by G35obsessed
Yo i am 18 years old and i have an 03 MT coupe with minor mods (Rims, Cool air intake, injen exahaust, tinted windows) and i decided one night that i was gonna go to a local "ricer" get together to show them all whats up. And after i stay'd a while and got all the oo's and aa's i wanted i decide to leave. So i pull up at a stoplight near the parking light and take off quick... then i have to make a sharp turn around a median and i fish tail it around just to show off. (keep in mind ive done this multiple times before) and all of a sudden i see blue lights behind me from an undercover 2006 V8 mustang. He gives me a wreckless driving ticket and a court date? I am paying for an attorney to try and drop the charge... what kind of luck do i have of getting it reduced to nothing keeping in mind that its my first charge on anything.

Any imput would be appreciated

Old 09-29-2006, 05:20 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
^gj :d

Old 09-29-2006, 06:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You must fight the ticket, and getting an attorney is essential. In most states, reckless driving is not a traffic offense, it's a misdemeanor--meaning it's actually criminal. Obviously, you don't want that on your record. Of course, I'm putting aside the obvious insurance implications, but that's just money.

Old 09-29-2006, 10:13 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kromax
You must fight the ticket, and getting an attorney is essential. In most states, reckless driving is not a traffic offense, it's a misdemeanor--meaning it's actually criminal. Obviously, you don't want that on your record. Of course, I'm putting aside the obvious insurance implications, but that's just money.
^^^^^^ what he said, you are lucky you were not arrested. You need an attorney, entering a guilty plea is terrible advice. Any decent attorney should be able to get it reduced for you to something like just a fine and no ins points, etc.

Good luck.

Old 09-29-2006, 11:23 AM
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Hey, I think your age could be real helpful here... What if you were just a little excited, the car is fairly new and you didn't expect all the power that the "G" suddenly released when you went around the corner? You weren't actually trying to do it... it just happened. Depending on whatever else the cop saw, they may chock it up to lack of experience.

Old 09-29-2006, 11:42 AM
mom's ticket

My mom just got a ticket a few weeks ago for going 110mph on the i10 in SoCali in her little BMW x3.

I have to accompany her to her court date, I was wondering where I could find a decent attorney in SoCal? Would I look through my local phone book or what?

and p.s. Behnjol - its Reckless (without the W)

Old 09-29-2006, 11:44 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sliderg35
Hey, I think your age could be real helpful here... What if you were just a little excited, the car is fairly new and you didn't expect all the power that the "G" suddenly released when you went around the corner? You weren't actually trying to do it... it just happened. Depending on whatever else the cop saw, they may chock it up to lack of experience.
Yea right -
Judge to Jr.:
'How do you plea'

Jr. to Judge:
'Guilty with an explanation, Sir."

Judge to Jr.:
'And who is this you have brought with you?"

Jr to Judge:
'My lawyer, Sir.'

Lawyer to Judge:
'I'm Joe Lawyer for the Defense, Sir.'

Judge to Jr.:
'Son this is juvenile traffic court. this must have been pretty bad for you to feel a lawyer was needed, but lets continue anyway.'

COP says to Judge:
'I was closely monitoring more than 20 kids in a parking lot - having some kind of 'meet and greet' for about an hour. All the cars were race cars and cars that were souped up, loud stereos etc, so it wasn't a good mix. I was just waiting for something to happen and wanted make sure nothing bad would happen, such as a fight or worse, as is common with these get togethers. A few cars left and were showing off a bit, as is common as well - but no real harm or foul until Jr. here pulls out, goes real fast burning rubber and looses control. I just couldn't ignore the lack of responsibility and immanent danger to public safety - as is my sworn duty, Judge.'

Judge to Jr:
'Are you seriously going to try and fight this? A police veteran of 20+ years, with an exemplary record, says you were driving recklessly. I sure hope this story is good...I've heard them all.'

Yea - the lack of experience idea is great!!!

Old 09-29-2006, 11:54 AM
Yeah guys I appreciate all your input, ive been kicking my self in the a$$ since i did it. And the worse part is that my dad took my G away till after the court date. (Oct. 17th) Hopefully everything goes ok... I dont even have to go to the court date because my attorney is going for me. My dad says if he can't get this reduced to almost nothing than im gonna have to sell my baby. Wish me luck

Old 09-29-2006, 12:20 PM
Yeah guys I appreciate all your input, Ive been kicking my self in the a$$ since i did it. And the worse part is that my dad took my G away till after the court date. (Oct. 17th) Hopefully everything goes ok... I dont even have to go to the court date because my attorney is going for me. My dad says if he can't get this reduced to almost nothing than im gonna have to sell my baby. Wish me luck
I don't mean to be an a s s here...BUT selling it could just save a life...maybe yours!!!

I'm all for driving for fun, but honestly at 18, you don't have the ability to understand what the car can do and how. It is really dangerous and why I think kids should NEVER have cars like these until they are old enough to buy it with their own money.

I've been racing since I was 15!!! I know what your going though and I love it too...it's why I have my car...but grow up a bit and be responsible. You need more experience...I've seen lots of talented kids drive - after training and awareness though.

Rick

Old 09-29-2006, 12:27 PM
I dont even have to go to the court date because my attorney is going for me.
Not necessarily a good idea. If you have a mohawk, tatoos and look like trouble - I understand, but if your clean cut and somewhat innocent looking - it is to your advantage to show up. It shows your responsible for your actions and have been humbled by your mistake.

The Judge will not like you being represented to begin with, and your humbled words could make all the difference. Having the lawyer show up for you shows your spoiled and couldn't care much about him and what he does - at this age, you should show him and the officer some respect...that IS how the whole process will start...so you'll be at a negative to begin with.

Think about it...

I've been to court to fight LOTS of tickets in the past 21+ years - and have never lost and have NEVER used a lawyer...and some of my tickets were far worse than yours.

Rick

Old 09-29-2006, 12:30 PM
depends if your lawyer is jewish or not..

Old 09-29-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by focker
depends if your lawyer is jewish or not..

Old 09-29-2006, 01:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good; you deserve a ticket for driving stupidly.

Old 09-29-2006, 01:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Yo i am 18 years old

GUILTY!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wreckless Driving Ticket