G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Holy Crappy Treadlife Batman!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 03:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got my Toyo T1s back in December of '05 and I think they have about 2k more miles in them at most. These are on the rear. However, if I hadn't done so many burnouts, drifts and other tire abusing things, they might have had a fair chance at living longer!

Old 10-28-2006, 04:57 PM
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by 98intrigue
I got 13k miles out of my 275/35/19 Toyo T1-s rears...that was with -2.9 camber. The rubber was down to the steel lining.
I found some pictures...

Attached Thumbnails Holy Crappy Treadlife Batman!-010.jpg   Holy Crappy Treadlife Batman!-014.jpg  
Old 10-28-2006, 07:00 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
14K miles on my Bridgstones and my rears need replaced, bad.

Damn turbo kits....

Old 10-29-2006, 11:24 AM
04 6MT, just replaced my stock michelin pilots at 43K. rears at wearbars, fronts still has some grip. i would have gone on if not for winter coming up and state inspection, im sure it'll not pass.

anyway, on contiextremecontacts all seasons now and they're good.

Old 10-29-2006, 11:27 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by G3NIU5
04 6MT, just replaced my stock michelin pilots at 43K. rears at wearbars, fronts still has some grip. i would have gone on if not for winter coming up and state inspection, im sure it'll not pass.

anyway, on contiextremecontacts all seasons now and they're good.

43k! damn, I only got about half of that.

Old 10-29-2006, 02:07 PM
that kinda sucks..? wtf?

my integra gets over 60k on front and 100+ on the rear.. its all about alignment, camber kit and no need to race everytime you see another g35 2 blocks away from,, on the other side of the street or you see another ricers and wanting to show off your car.

Old 11-18-2006, 11:24 AM
Traction Control System

I recently asked the service representative at my local infiniti dealer what I should expect in terms of tire life and what replacement tires they would recommend (other than the OEM Michelin).

The service rep told me that there were tires available from Bridgestone, BF Goodrich, and Avon, in addition to the Michelins. From a price standpoint he suggested the Avons.

The rep thought I could get 15-20K on the current tires. He mentioned that two current customers have different brands (front vs. rear) and that so far, everything was OK. I asked why it would matter and he said that the Infiniti (Nissan) traction control system measures tread depth and a big disparity between front and rear will trigger a fault. When this happens the car goes into some kind of limp mode and can only be driven up to 50 miles per hour.

Can anybody validate any of this?

Also, anybody had problems with flat spots in the (18" Performance tire package) Michelin OEM front tires? Any luck with Michelin's warranty?

Thanks!

Old 11-18-2006, 12:35 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by netblob
I recently asked the service representative at my local infiniti dealer what I should expect in terms of tire life and what replacement tires they would recommend (other than the OEM Michelin).

The service rep told me that there were tires available from Bridgestone, BF Goodrich, and Avon, in addition to the Michelins. From a price standpoint he suggested the Avons.

The rep thought I could get 15-20K on the current tires. He mentioned that two current customers have different brands (front vs. rear) and that so far, everything was OK. I asked why it would matter and he said that the Infiniti (Nissan) traction control system measures tread depth and a big disparity between front and rear will trigger a fault. When this happens the car goes into some kind of limp mode and can only be driven up to 50 miles per hour.

Also, anybody had problems with flat spots in the (18" Performance tire package) Michelin OEM front tires? Any luck with Michelin's warranty?

Thanks!

When I put new goodyear eagle f1 dsg3's on the back and left my michelins on up front, my vdc would kick in when I'd make high speed turns (interstate ramps). This is a little annoying from time to time, but its never really been anything I've cared about.

Old 11-18-2006, 12:35 PM
That isn't correct. At least in my experience. My front tires have a lot of tread left on them while my rear tires could be classified as racing slicks. I would consider that a "big disparity." My car has never gone into any kind of limp mode.

Originally Posted by netblob

I asked why it would matter and he said that the Infiniti (Nissan) traction control system measures tread depth and a big disparity between front and rear will trigger a fault. When this happens the car goes into some kind of limp mode and can only be driven up to 50 miles per hour.

Old 11-18-2006, 03:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have Michelin Pilot Sport A/S on mine, and after 20k miles, the backs are worn out. I'm probably going to get the Bridgestone Potenza RE962 Pole Position Tires. They are rated #1 at tirerack, and actually have a 40k miles warranty.

From what I understand, I don't think the issue is with the fronts and backs being different brand, so much as if they are different category tires. For example, don't mix Max Summer with Ultra-HighPerformance All-Seasons.