G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

I hate Infiniti

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 12:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HeadOrange
UPDATE:

Okay, picked up my G356MT this morning from the dealership. When I got in it was a mess, crap dripped all over the steering wheel, the seat had stuff in it, there was junk on the floor. I would have taken it back immediately but I was up against the clock to get to work on time. So in the end i just called them, I was told that I’d be "taken care of" I don’t know what that means, are they going to send a mobile detailer to me here at work?
dude - you need to stop f***ng around with these guys and call consumer affairs or better business and a lawyer. i'm sorry to hear about this but i think they're dicking you around until they can find a way out of it. don't let them...it's tough because this is your daily driver, but if you have to rent something do it and just start charging it to infiniti. none of this is your problem, don't make it yours. sorry to hear about your problems, it sounds like you got a bad engine. i've driven the snot out of mine and it never burns a drop, redlining it all the time. make them pay

Old 10-17-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by kev374
is this an isolated issue? Damn! I thought Infiniti was up there with Lexus as far as reliability
u r kidding right? Infiniti is NOT.. again, NOT in the same class reliability-wise as a lexus. Lexus is THE MOST reliable lux brand..just like their Toyota sisters.
Nissan/Infiniti have improved dramatically in every way, but it's still far from been the most reliable car. im not hating on infiniti but it just isnt a lexus, whether it's reliability, built quality, customer service etc.. is not in par with it. what it does have tho is the sexy looks, decent power, and value (which i believe its why we all own an G35 rightnow). Lexus not only is the most reliable but its customer service has always been rated #1 among lux brands such as BMW, Merc, etc...

Infiniti is still got a way to go, but it's getting better and hopefully one day it will be up there with the lexus, bmw, merc, and so on!

Old 10-17-2006, 02:19 PM
boy maybe some day... i haven't seen it myself.

Old 10-17-2006, 08:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bubbletea 4 me
u r kidding right? Infiniti is NOT.. again, NOT in the same class reliability-wise as a lexus. Lexus is THE MOST reliable lux brand..just like their Toyota sisters.
Nissan/Infiniti have improved dramatically in every way, but it's still far from been the most reliable car. im not hating on infiniti but it just isnt a lexus, whether it's reliability, built quality, customer service etc.. is not in par with it. what it does have tho is the sexy looks, decent power, and value (which i believe its why we all own an G35 rightnow). Lexus not only is the most reliable but its customer service has always been rated #1 among lux brands such as BMW, Merc, etc...

Infiniti is still got a way to go, but it's getting better and hopefully one day it will be up there with the lexus, bmw, merc, and so on!
So true. I won't ever buy a Nissan after my G35 again mainly because if their reliability issues. If it weren't for the fact that this car is an absolutely beautful machine I wouln't deal with her short comings. I've already had my transmission replaced at 18K miles under warranty because the gears were grinding. Kind of rediculous for a luxury car brand not to push reliability. It's not like this car is some ultimate sports car driving machine that is pushing the limit of its parts.

I'm going back to Toyota(Lexus)/Honda(Acura) if I ever own a Japanese car again. If I wanted the kind of reliability I get from my G35 I would've bought a BMW or Merc instead.

Old 10-17-2006, 08:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
On the flip side my dealership is AMAZING. The people that work there are wonderful. I get top notch service and they're just a class act. If any of you are from Dallas you need to get serviced or buy your car from Sewell Infiniti.

My saleswoman still calls me to see how things are going or sends me personal e-mails on occassion. If all the dealerships were like this one I think Nissan/Infiniti would jump up TONS in JD Power & Associates polls on service.

Old 10-17-2006, 08:55 PM
lazy a$$
HeadOrange...sorry about your experience. Looks like you grabbed a bad cookie in a jar

Old 10-17-2006, 09:00 PM
Damn , so much hate on the Nissan/Infiniti name. I mean yeah, nissan and/or infiniti has they reliablity issues here and there, but they did not force you all to buy there products/cars.. I understand Lexus/Toyota is so much reliable and all, but then seeing the pricing on parts just kills it. I for one love nissan/infiniti, i believe they do they best. As for the issue with the guys car, I would report to consumer affairs about it, because that is totally out of hand on what they did

Old 10-17-2006, 09:09 PM
Lightbulb ...

Yeah dude.. I know how you feel.. I had a lot of problems with Mazda Rx-8 (I know this is another company).. They gave me a rusted Rx-8 which i didn't notice until a couple of months ago... I sent it to the dealership that I bought it from.. and even other dealerships and nothing... I called Mazda and they were no help and one guy was even an ******* with me!!! anyways.. I directly called a lawyer and kept all the records and things are going well now.. (At least that's what I think) Mazda are gonna leave the Rx-8 with me AND give me all the payments that I gave them.. around 15,000$... So I really do suggest you get a lawyer and **** infiniti with that... Believe me when companies sees that you got a lawyer and you are right about whatever the problem you're having they WILL LISTEN to you!

Old 10-18-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by civic4982
So true. I won't ever buy a Nissan after my G35 again mainly because if their reliability issues. If it weren't for the fact that this car is an absolutely beautful machine I wouln't deal with her short comings. I've already had my transmission replaced at 18K miles under warranty because the gears were grinding. Kind of rediculous for a luxury car brand not to push reliability. It's not like this car is some ultimate sports car driving machine that is pushing the limit of its parts.

I'm going back to Toyota(Lexus)/Honda(Acura) if I ever own a Japanese car again. If I wanted the kind of reliability I get from my G35 I would've bought a BMW or Merc instead.
I agree. I have owned Toyotas, Hondas, Lexus and Acura with no problems.

My Infiniti is about as reliable as the Fords and GMs I have owned. None of which I will own again.

Old 10-18-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by MDR G35C
I agree. I have owned Toyotas, Hondas, Lexus and Acura with no problems.

My Infiniti is about as reliable as the Fords and GMs I have owned. None of which I will own again.
wow comparing infiniti to Ford and GM - i wonder if they dropped the ball on the 05+ years, i'm not hearing this many complaints about the 03-04s as far as major problems...all the other nissan/infiniti products have been stellar -customer service, not so good, but i usually don't go to the dealer

Old 10-18-2006, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by nogeeneeded
Damn , so much hate on the Nissan/Infiniti name. I mean yeah, nissan and/or infiniti has they reliablity issues here and there, but they did not force you all to buy there products/cars.. I understand Lexus/Toyota is so much reliable and all, but then seeing the pricing on parts just kills it. I for one love nissan/infiniti, i believe they do they best. As for the issue with the guys car, I would report to consumer affairs about it, because that is totally out of hand on what they did
Dude i have. They are little to no help. Did you read my full story?

Old 10-18-2006, 01:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear about your troubles. My '04 6MT is now at 20,000 miles and has been flawless, knock on wood, with an excellent local dealership as well.

Old 10-19-2006, 03:45 AM
dont blame infiniti, blame the dealership and their crappy service.

Old 10-19-2006, 03:49 AM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by thricex5
dont blame infiniti, blame the dealership and their crappy service.
I agree with him...

Old 10-19-2006, 02:24 PM
infiniti is the one telling the dealership not to fix it and they want/need another oil consumption report.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I hate Infiniti