G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Someone Keyed My G...need Advice Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 02:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Someone Keyed My G...need Advice Help! NOW PICS of my "racing stripes"

WTF i just picked up my '04 caribbean blue 6MT about 2 months ago, was in pristine condition...freshly waxed.....now some a***ole keyed my car all the way around a few hours ago damage includes one large deep wavy line over my hood, both my fenders, both doors headlight and both rear quarter panels.....i am so upset and distressed and F'in pissed

whats done is done
what you guys think i should do
how much would it cost to fix
i have full coverage, would it make my rate rise a large amt, would the ins. co. pay for a completely new paint job, if so should i go with a custom blue?
help someone please

just adding a few pics
sorry its via camera phone

Last edited by papiloco21; 10-11-2006 at 01:04 AM. Reason: pics
Old 10-10-2006, 02:48 AM
well you should go through insurance and accidents happen man...did you have any beef with anyone??? and wouldnt it cost the deductable to repair it.

Old 10-10-2006, 03:29 AM
GTT
G35 Twin Turbo
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i hate those ****ing jealous people

Old 10-10-2006, 04:08 AM
Go through insurance....toss the bodyshop a few extra bucks, and paint your G a custom color!!!! Seriously, that's what I would do...but make sure to take your car to a VERY HIGH quality bodyshop to ensure a top-notch paint job. Complete paint jobs are wayyy too expensive for me to justify paying entirely out of pocket, but if something as unfortunate as this happened to me....I would make the best of it and seize the opportunity to "Mod" or create something truly unique. Might I suggest a JDM Skyline 350GT color...or some other color that you can't readily obtain here in the states. Just some food for thought...

Old 10-10-2006, 04:39 AM
same sh*t happened to me. Some jealous sucker tried to make an infiniti logo on the trunk next to the real logo, then took a key along the side of the door.

wtf? to my brand new '06 6MT.

I luckily, they must have been really weak b/c I was able to use 3-5 coats of Zymol to make it disappear, then used newfinish to buff it over.

+1 to what ShaneXman said... only, you better cover the car in clear film to avoid that bs in the future!!

Old 10-10-2006, 07:13 AM
I've been in this situation my advice go to the best body shop in town expect it to cost a few thousand (my damage came to about $3500) and insurance wont pay for a complete repaint of the entire car they only fix the damage areas, but a good body shop you'll never be able to tell it was even keyed. Your rate shouldnt go up (mine didnt) its a comprehensive claim. Do you have any clue who did this? If they hit the entire car its probably someone you know and doesnt like you, I never caught the person that did mine but I think it was an ex g/f just couldnt prove it

Old 10-10-2006, 08:03 AM
da*m

doesn't look like someone i know, i mean it was one unbroken line all the way around, not broken jagged marks that would hint that it was someone was letting out anger or rage......i just can't believe my sh*t luck

i swear it was some punk kids hanging out here, whats worse is i didnt have one nick or scratch on the car not even from anyone hitting me parking in NYC....oh well

hopefully the ins. co. will pay for or at least most of a complete repaint and ill go with a slightly darker blue, maybe like those on early 350z 's (03-04)

Old 10-10-2006, 08:49 AM
post pics

anyone wanna post pics of different shades of blue to possibly repaint the G?

Old 10-10-2006, 08:55 AM
A complete repaint is going to run probably at least 6k from a reputable shop

Old 10-10-2006, 09:09 AM
In my opinion, I would refrain from custom colors. It would be a pain to try to match in the future, God forbid, that anything else happen to your car.

Old 10-10-2006, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by NismoSER
In my opinion, I would refrain from custom colors. It would be a pain to try to match in the future, God forbid, that anything else happen to your car.
As long as you have a paint code...you should be good. Paint is hard to match in general, so you may as well go for something that will satisfy your appetite for at least getting something from such a crappy situation. LOL

Old 10-10-2006, 09:34 AM
My condolences....I have the same car as you ('04 Caribbean Blue 6MT) and it looks so hot I worry about it getting keyed. CB just attracts attention. CB is very difficult to get an exact match. Do cars like Mercedes ever get keyed?

Old 10-10-2006, 10:03 AM
Go To Impressive Autobody In Oceanside Long Islan, THEY DO ALOT OF WORK ON G35'S IN THE NYC AREA, THEY DO WORK ON MINE AND A LOT OF OTHER FORUM G3 OWNERS. 516 536 1222

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Someone Keyed My G...need Advice Help!