G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

DEALER denied my WARRANTY!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 01:42 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
I'd go to that other Dealer like your dentist/ortho said too.
If they hassle you too...then go legal.

For the guy who was saying it's your fault b/c you're not oem on springs:
The Magnuson-Moss Act in a nut shell, says you are allowed to use/install any aftermarket parts and any failure/issue must be proven that the aftemarket part caused the problem. If it can't then warranty can't be denied.

Ironicaly, the Z springs are probably the closes thing to OEM than any other aftermarket spring. lol.

That Dealer is a jerk, I'd stop wasting my time with them and try the other.

G/L

Old 10-12-2006, 01:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Denying claim of shocks blowing out due to aftermarket springs -- okay.

Denying claim of car pulling to one direction with alignment in spec just because there are different springs on there -- not okay.

Old 10-12-2006, 02:13 AM
Go kick their A$$.. make another hole!! fckin stealership!!! I HATE THEM!

Old 10-12-2006, 02:49 AM
put back the OEM original springs..then take it back to them...

then when your ride drives straight,, change out the springs...

thats how you deal with WARRANTY issues...

YOU created this mess by MODIFYing your suspension....

plus why would the extend goodwill warranty towards to, you said your a DIY'er ...how Much service have you bought at that shop??

Old 10-12-2006, 03:42 AM
Infiniti USA dealorship employees, I literally mean all employees, should acknowledge that G35 is a performance car and in its home town "Japan", it is mod like crazy. It is supposed to be mod, revved, and enjoyed that way!

Have you heard any racer complaining, "I lost the race because my tech put in aftermarket springs, so I couldn't drive straight"

Some dealorship are ****. I called in for a diagnostic for my audio because my driver side's speakers wouldn't volume up and have static when playing CDs. I have learned in this forum that it was a design flaw with the head-unit and the stereo unit needs to be replaced. OK, so I called in Sxuth Bxy infiniti, scheduling an appointment. The dealorship refused to give me a loaner car unless it is major maintenance or warranty work. So I said, I think it is covered under warranty because a lot of G owners also have the same problem. This lady replied, "oh well, everyone's case is different" with a indifferent tone. I noticed that the dealorship probably doesn't even train the employees well enough to deliver good customer service, so I said "Alrighty, I will go to another dealorship then". Instantly, the lady said "OK!" and hung up without hesitation.

I called Cxrritxs, after hearing me out the same complaint about the driver side's speaker, the service manager immediately said "yes, it is a known problem and once we verify that we will place an order on the head-unit for you". She furhter explained that I can only be given a loaner when the work takes longer than 2 hours. However, the service manager's tone was nice enough for me to be willing to bring the car to that dealorship and wait for 1 hours without any loaner car promise.

I do not take customer service for granted, but definitely that is what an infiniti dealorship should give to its so-called "valuable customers".

Thumbs down to Sxuth Bxy! Two Thumbs up to Cerritxs!

Old 10-12-2006, 04:19 AM
daaaaaammm pretty gay

Old 10-12-2006, 06:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gotyamahas
put back the OEM original springs..then take it back to them...

then when your ride drives straight,, change out the springs...

thats how you deal with WARRANTY issues...

plus why would the extend goodwill warranty towards to, you said your a DIY'er ...how Much service have you bought at that shop??
+1000000000

Old 10-12-2006, 06:22 AM
For the guy who was saying it's your fault b/c you're not oem on springs:
The Magnuson-Moss Act in a nut shell, says you are allowed to use/install any aftermarket parts and any failure/issue must be proven that the aftemarket part caused the problem. If it can't then warranty can't be denied.

That is absolutely true but so what. In order to enforce this act you must take the Dealer to court which means getting a lawyer, setting a court date, and waiting months before the case is litigated. So what this means is lots of the guy's time and many months before the problem is corrected by the Dealer.

So what can be done that's practical? By far the easiest thing is to find another Dealer and see if they will honor the warranty. If that doesn't work you have to bite your tongue and look for compromises. One compromise would be to let Infiniti pay for the parts and you pay for the labor. Two hours of labor shouldn't cost more than a couple hundred dollars.

Bottom line is that if you mod your car, you give the Dealer an excuse to void your warranty. So if you mod, be certain to remove the mod if possible before taking the car to the Dealer. Otherwise, you may be in for a huge hassel.

Old 10-12-2006, 06:59 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
At a couple of points the dealer did come up with a compromise - that I could go back home, put the OEM springs back on, drive back up there, wait 2+ hours for the work to be done, then come back home and put the Z springs back on it.

Bullsh!t.

It's not worth taking more vacation time from work, spending 4-6 hours removing and reinstalling my springs, and 3-4 hours driving time over a 2 hour job. As far as taking it to another dealer - same story. I'm 2 hours away from the next closest dealer. It's simply not feasible for me to be driving all over the state for this. I brought it to the dealer to have other issues fixed and have some service done before the warranty went out. I'm not going back just for this one issue, regardless of it's importance to me.

If the dealer is willing to drag me through the mud over this, then he better be prepared for me to return the favor. Oh, and as for the "threaten them with court, that'll wake them up" comment - they don't give a crap about somebody saying they'll take them to court. The only time they pay comments like that a second thought is when the summons arrives in their mailbox. I did tell them I contacted a lawyer and that he couldn't give me any definite info over the phone (as I posted earlier), as well as the agencies I contacted. You know what his reaction was? None.

Old 10-12-2006, 08:11 AM
If the dealer is willing to drag me through the mud over this, then he better be prepared for me to return the favor. Oh, and as for the "threaten them with court, that'll wake them up" comment - they don't give a crap about somebody saying they'll take them to court. The only time they pay comments like that a second thought is when the summons arrives in their mailbox. I did tell them I contacted a lawyer and that he couldn't give me any definite info over the phone (as I posted earlier), as well as the agencies I contacted. You know what his reaction was? None.

dTor - What you have to do is to evaluate the situation and make a judgement as to what is the best course of action, knowing full well that none of your options are good IMO. Believe me I understand that you are pissed and want to cause the Dealer some pain, but you have to make the decision if it's worth the hassel. Personally I'd never take the Dealer to court over such a small issue. My time is too valuable to make it worthwhile.

Last edited by FAST1; 10-12-2006 at 08:14 AM.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:36 AM
It's amazing the differences in dealers for the same brand of car. Lokey Infiniti here in Clearwater, FL installed my Tein springs, Crawford plenum and high-flow cats, etc., and still honors the warranty with no problems.

Old 10-12-2006, 09:44 AM
Says who? Have you crawled under this guy's car to diagnose the problem? There's a lot of awfully self-righteous folks trying to pin this whole problem on the OP; how can you be so certain it's his fault?

This is what we know: He replaced the springs with another Nissan OEM spring set. The car pulls hard to the right. The dealership is denying him warranty service due to the springs. The dealership has not been able to conclusively demonstrate that the springs are the problem. The dealership has changed its story multiple times.

As others have pointed out, the MM Act places the impetus on the dealership to prove that an aftermarket upgrade caused the problem. This proof must be presented to the consumer and be able to stand up in a court of law. Whatever you suspect that the real problem may be, the dealership still has not offered this guy conclusive evidence. Until that happens, I suggest you guys get off the white horse.

I know this isn't necessarily how life works, but why should it matter? The dealership will get reimbursed for the warranty work if it turns out to be a warrantiable (sp?) item, so it's not like it costs them any money. A better example of a situation in which he would be asking too much would be for him to ask for a discount on something like a transmission replacement. But in this case he's asking for repair work on what sounds like a pretty minor problem - why should they give him such a hard time when it would cost everybody involved so little for them to go ahead and do it?

Old 10-12-2006, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by FAST1
dTor - What you have to do is to evaluate the situation and make a judgement as to what is the best course of action, knowing full well that none of your options are good IMO. Believe me I understand that you are pissed and want to cause the Dealer some pain, but you have to make the decision if it's worth the hassel. Personally I'd never take the Dealer to court over such a small issue. My time is too valuable to make it worthwhile.
^+1 - You'd probably be suing in small claims court, which is basically a total waste of money. By the time you drag Infiniti into court, pay a lawyer, and pay court costs, you'll be out of more money than the original repair bill. Pretty much the only reason to go to small claims is to make a point.

I think the best course of action is just to look for another dealership, even if you have to drive pretty far away to make it happen. Maybe you have a friend that lives a few hours away that you could visit to get the repair work there? I dunno. But it sounds like pursuing this dealership for repairs might not be the best course.

Old 10-12-2006, 10:03 AM
Moral of the story is don't mod your car unless your willing to do ALL the work yourself.

Old 10-12-2006, 10:34 AM
... or maybe even don't start mod-ing your car until after the warranty runs out (my theory at least - can't wait for December )

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DEALER denied my WARRANTY!!!