G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

DEALER denied my WARRANTY!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 09:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
DEALER denied my WARRANTY!!!

I took my car in last week to Herrin-Gear Infiniti in Jackson, MS (1.5 hours away from me). My main concern was the correction of the pull to the right on my 03 Coupe.

I brought the TSB with me and left it. After a lot of battling with the advisor, the service manager, the store manager, Corporate, and a message from the regional rep, they refuse to honor the warranty and perform the job because I have '03 350Z springs on it.

All I've received is one BS excuse after another. First it was that they needed to align the car before they could service it. I had the car aligned less than 2 months ago, and I showed a copy of the alignment sheet to the manager. The next day it was that the TSB only applies to Sedans. I promptly went to my computer, pulled up the TSB and read it verbatim to the advisor and reminded him that I left the same TSB with him. Today it was that Infiniti would not reimburse them for the work and they could not be out the money . Then it was about my safety and their liability if they were to perform service on an altered component.

I took a copy of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act with me today and gave it to the manager. Their final solution was to hide under the skirt of the regional rep, even though the rep made an illegal call based on the M-M Act.

On my way up to pick up the car, I called Infiniti customer/warranty service and started a case. I then called the FTC and filed a complaint. After that I called a lawyer that my boss's wife works for. He could not give me any concrete information over the phone without having the manufacturer's warranty to look at. Then I called the MS State Attorney General's Office. When I told him the issue, he asked me how much time it takes for the repair. When I told him about 2 hours (according to the dealer) and a $15 part, he was dumbfounded that the dealer would put a customer through this, especially on a KNOWN flaw. He is sending me paperwork to fill out and then will be contacting the dealership.

BTW, this whole time, in multiple instances, the advisor and the tech told me that the springs are NOT causing the pulling. The mere fact that they are on the car voids the warranty on the suspension (according to life in their world). F'n backwoods redneck hicks that have backwoods redneck customers who don't know any better. As soon as I plop the LAW down in front of him, he tucks tail and hide behind the mysterious "rep" that can't be directly contacted. What a crock of horsesheit.

I'm so friggin' steamed right now.

Is there anything else I can do? I'm NOT going to take another 6 hours of vacation time off work and make a 3 hour round trip for something that takes 2 hours to fix. I'm going to try to get them to have the Nissan dealership up the street fix it. If not that, then I'll just have them send me the damned part and I'll fix it my f'n self.

And people wonder why I do my own maintenance. This is the luck I get every time I try to have somebody perform a service for me.

The first thing was when Firestone put the wrong tires on the wrong f'n wheels, and didn't notice it for the several hours that the car was sitting in front of their store. Then, the "best tint place in town" scratches my car, which took a week to get them to fess up to and have it buffed out, and the rear window tint peeled down.

Fk it all.

Old 10-11-2006, 09:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear that man...Ull be alright.!! Dealerships blow kcid.!!

Old 10-11-2006, 09:41 PM
My G35 > Your G35
seriously dude i feel bad for you that f'n sucks Azz. Hope everything goes well with it.. Maybe dropping a bomb on their dealership might help you feel better.

Old 10-11-2006, 09:42 PM
Sorry to hear it - everytime I read one of these horror stories it makes me appreciate the guys that I work with at the dealership service department in Virginia even more. Sounds like you're on the right track though. Drop the hammer!

Old 10-11-2006, 09:47 PM
Evil Bastard
dude, you OWNED those tards. I applaud you.

Old 10-11-2006, 09:49 PM
So what mods can you perform without voiding the warranty?

Exterior?
Intakes?
Wheels?
If you flash the ECU will they know the difference?

Old 10-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah good luck with all that BS. i would think that the springs would void your warranty but if there's a TSB and has the same symptoms, they should honor it especially if you've had the car aligned. that's way too much crap for such a cheap part. the couple of hours of labor they would 'lose' will always make a customer happy and in turn recommend the dealership. word of mouth is very powerful. now you're going to tell everyone they're entirely by the book and won't go out of their way to honor a malfunction.

Old 10-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by beholder
So what mods can you perform without voiding the warranty?

Exterior?
Intakes?
Wheels?
If you flash the ECU will they know the difference?
Nothing voids your warranty unless they can prove it was the cause of the problem. Period. Its the law. But ofcourse dealerships are going to find any excuse possible.

Old 10-11-2006, 09:56 PM
Well, I pretty much felt doomed when my orthodontist told me this afternoon that I should have taken my car to Infiniti of Mobile because they have much better customer service. She said that Herrin-Gear is the worst she's ever experienced. Also, a guy at work had a bad recall experience with them.

Then there was the dude in the new Chevy truck parked in front of the dealer "auto mall" entrance with signs all over his truck and standing on the ground saying that Herrin-Gear does not honor their guarantees or something to that effect. I saw him when I drove up to drop my car off. I was hoping he would be there today, but he wasn't.

Old 10-11-2006, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Nothing voids your warranty unless they can prove it was the cause of the problem. Period. Its the law. But ofcourse dealerships are going to find any excuse possible.

Apparently, Infiniti makes the law in their own little world. The service manager could not get it through his thick skull that the judgement made by the rep was illegal. "Well, that's what she said and I can't do anything about it". "What Infiniti says is what we go by". I said, "no, (tapping on the M-M act papers on his desk) this is what you go by".

Old 10-11-2006, 10:06 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by dTor
Apparently, Infiniti makes the law in their own little world. The service manager could not get it through his thick skull that the judgement made by the rep was illegal. "Well, that's what she said and I can't do anything about it". "What Infiniti says is what we go by". I said, "no, (tapping on the M-M act papers on his desk) this is what you go by".
Keep being persistant and it might work.

If all else fails, threaten them about court. Im sure they will change their mind.

If they still dont, then dont bluff about court and get a lawyer.

Goodluck

Old 10-11-2006, 10:14 PM
The press works even better sometimes.

Old 10-11-2006, 11:12 PM
LET me get this straight

1. Dealerships are jerks! that much has be proven by science.

But you are telling me that you installed 350z springs on it--changing the OEM configuration on your suspension and expect then to fix it for you? I am not trying to be a D1ck but you don't you think you are being unreasonable? IF you alter your suspension to something different than what they designed, why would you expect them to liable for it? This is when you have to be a man and accept responsibility for your own actions, don't expect others to bail you out on this one. Now if you left it all OEM and they don't honor it is one thing but this your fault man, sorry to be the one who has to tell you.

Old 10-12-2006, 12:19 AM
Originally Posted by TRIG
1. Dealerships are jerks! that much has be proven by science.

But you are telling me that you installed 350z springs on it--changing the OEM configuration on your suspension and expect then to fix it for you? I am not trying to be a D1ck but you don't you think you are being unreasonable? IF you alter your suspension to something different than what they designed, why would you expect them to liable for it? This is when you have to be a man and accept responsibility for your own actions, don't expect others to bail you out on this one. Now if you left it all OEM and they don't honor it is one thing but this your fault man, sorry to be the one who has to tell you.
If it was really that simple don't you think the dealership would have simply said that and turned him away period? The constantly changing story is what I think belies their true concerns - that the spring issue isn't the problem and that they'll have to pay for it.

Old 10-12-2006, 01:42 AM
+1 I agree!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DEALER denied my WARRANTY!!!